The Hitmen finally looked like a first place hockey team tonight and not the team that got murdered and made a joke out of against Medicine Hat a few weeks ago. They beat the Victoria Royals 5-2 in a game that could of been a lot worse if it wasn't for the great goaltending of Calgary native Coleman Vollrath. When I fist seen this kid was starting in net I assumed it was because he was from Calgary. A goalie that has only played 3 games (1-2) and having Polivka (6-5) obviously your main guy. One would assume you would start your main goalie against the first place team in the East. But Vollrath made some great saves which could of been more embarassing for the Royals than it already was.
Before any scoring even took place it looked scary for the Hitmen as they were on a 5 on 3 and Jamie Crooks had 2 break aways and great scoring chances and Driedger shut the door.

Alex Roach recieved his player of the month award for the month of October tonight and he proved that he deserved it scoring 2 great goals and potting an assist to boot. Also deservingly he was the first star. Best game I have seen him play or from any Hitmen defender so far.
Other goal scorers for the Hitmen were Brassart, Padakin, and Petersen with his first ever career dub goal. Stahl scored on a point shot for the Royals in the second and Hodges scored a beautiful goal with 1.5 seconds remaining.
Fights were Kanzig vs Rissling, Franson vs Henry, and if you count it Virtanen vs Carroll but all that was was them throwing off their gloves and Virtanen falling down which was probably for the better as Carroll is alot bigger.
cont.
http://calgaryhockey.blogspot.ca/201...itmen-5-2.html