Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot or just good?

Default Hot or just good?

I'm curious to know what you guys/gals think. Are the canes just on a hot streak, or are we a legitimate team this year? We had a slow start, but hopefully we can keep up the good times and not only win some games, but get more fans out!
    The next 4-5 games should be a good indicator of where we stand. We play some good teams, and we've had about 5 days off since our last game.

They look a lot like the Rebels last season, a decent start, but are a season ending injury to their starting goalie away from it being a huge crapfest.

Default yes and no...................

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    They look a lot like the Rebels last season, a decent start, but are a season ending injury to their starting goalie away from it being a huge crapfest.
    if rimmer goes down it would be a BIG blow to the canes...their a very young but talented and hard working team from what ive seen this year, the thing is if they could put a young tender in net and let him play who knows what would happen between the pipes..tai plays one game this year so it hard to tell his limits, the canes played well against most of the team ive seen so if ANY tender gives them a chance you never know...................
    GO CANES GO.................

I would tend to think they were just hot based on how they have played the last 2 games vs PA and Brandon. The desire to win was lacking in both those games, we'll have to see how they play tonight against Calgary to see if they actually want to compete with the big boys or if they just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    I would tend to think they were just hot based on how they have played the last 2 games vs PA and Brandon. The desire to win was lacking in both those games, we'll have to see how they play tonight against Calgary to see if they actually want to compete with the big boys or if they just don't care.
    I'm backing the belief that they were just on a hot streak after the embarrassment that has been the last couple of weeks. Then to hear Rich Preston last night blame their losing streak on "running into hot goaltenders" and then see the Canes go up 3-1 and lose 5-3 is ridiculous, it wasn't the "hot goaltenders" putting the puck past Rimmer. I really also think that Rimmer is being over worked and needs a break, maybe if they put Tai in for a couple of games, it will force the defence in front of him to play harder and smarter, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    I'm backing the belief that they were just on a hot streak after the embarrassment that has been the last couple of weeks. Then to hear Rich Preston last night blame their losing streak on "running into hot goaltenders" and then see the Canes go up 3-1 and lose 5-3 is ridiculous, it wasn't the "hot goaltenders" putting the puck past Rimmer. I really also think that Rimmer is being over worked and needs a break, maybe if they put Tai in for a couple of games, it will force the defence in front of him to play harder and smarter, just a thought.
    Sucks you guys lost, we are in the same with the goaltending situation, like Rimmer and Marakov, both the back-ups have only started 1 game, but yet you guys still push Rimmer, we push Marakov till world juniors........

Big win tonight for our backup. Hopefully they give the kid more starts now.

Great win!! I think this team is good due to the hard work ethic. Unfortunately the 2nd period they play is lacking. Getting Hood back will help with toughness and Adam Henry's future will be determined before Xmas. If Tai can hold his own and Rimmer stays healthy this team could make a decent run in the playoffs.
    The only thing better than a Cane's win is a Tiger's loss.

Default great job boys....................

turn this thing around and kick some a$$......go canes go.................
    GO CANES GO.................

Tai, despite some silly bounces that didn't go his way on a couple of goals, played particularly well. He has a little bit of an issue corralling rebounds, but he made some important stops, one in particular was a point blank shot in tight, sticking out the pad from the slot.

His confidence grew as the game progressed.