Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WHL SANCTIONS PORTLAND WINTERHAWKS

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    I agree a punishment was deserved let me make that clear and cheating should have no place in this game but i thought the punishment was to stiff a fine would have been fine with me

Just 1 mans opinion take what you will from it

The problem with a stiff fine is that it will not hurt the teams abilities,only the owners wallet.If the owner is loaded.200K is a drop in the bucket,most likely a tax write down in the USA. But no first round picks for 5 years will sting the team to the point that the bosses wont try it again.

And with the stacked team acquired through cheating the owner will make easily 200K extra in revenue.

Good job WHL.

Wow Portland only broke 54 rules only 54 more than the next team here it is lol

http://whl.ca/article/whl-statement-...land-sanctions

Portland will be fine lol, they haven't had a 1st round 16 pick snce they drafted Petan if im not mistaken.

So they paid flights, ohh thats a big advantage to Portland "sarcasm". Guys, the game is won on the ice, not in the air lol. By the way, the flights were for families that didn't have the money to come and see their son play, so basically the WHL is saying who cares if u dont have the money to see ur son play.

Players also can't have cell phones on the ice either so how is that cheating?

The league is becoming a joke. They pick a city to be the host for the memorial cup cuz they have a big rink (big money) but the team stinks. Now they go after Portland cuz they've been pretty good for the last few years just cuz they pay for flights and hand out a cell phone to the captain of the team, WOW!!!

Honestly, I'd love to see Portland win the WHL championship, love to see the look on Robson's or whatever his name is, face when he hands the trophy to Rutkowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Portland will be fine lol, they haven't had a 1st round 16 pick snce they drafted Petan if im not mistaken.

So they paid flights, ohh thats a big advantage to Portland "sarcasm". Guys, the game is won on the ice, not in the air lol. By the way, the flights were for families that didn't have the money to come and see their son play, so basically the WHL is saying who cares if u dont have the money to see ur son play.

The league is becoming a joke. They pick a city to be the host for the memorial cup cuz they have a big rink (big money) but the team stinks. Now they go after Portland cuz they've been pretty good for the last few years just cuz they pay for flights and hand out a cell phone to the captain of the team, WOW!!!

Honestly, I'd love to see Portland win the WHL championship, love to see the look on Robson's or whatever his name is, face when he hands the trophy to Rutkowski.
    You are 1 bitter guy Trav lol you would rather see Portland win the championship over the team you follow the Blades okay seems to me you may be a little stubborn

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post

Hey Trav, it was much, much more than just giving a cellphone away and paying for flights for less fortunate family members. If you actually read the latest article by the WHL head office, there were other infractions involved as well that made Portland an unfairly attractive place for high end talented players to choose Portland over many other places. It's also not the league's fault that the Blades suck this year either, when they made the selection of the city to host the Memorial Cup, the Blades were a very promising team, but they are not playing up to their potential or talent level this season for whatever reason. Also, Portland won't win the cup this season, Kamloops will be the next Memorial Cup champions.

You are 1 bitter guy Trav lol you would rather see Portland win the championship over the team you follow the Blades okay seems to me you may be a little stubborn
    Not being stubborn man, the Blades have no hope in winning the Memorial Cup, let alone the WHL championship. So why not go for a team that has a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    Hey Trav, it was much, much more than just giving a cellphone away and paying for flights for less fortunate family members. If you actually read the latest article by the WHL head office, there were other infractions involved as well that made Portland an unfairly attractive place for high end talented players to choose Portland over many other places. It's also not the league's fault that the Blades suck this year either, when they made the selection of the city to host the Memorial Cup, the Blades were a very promising team, but they are not playing up to their potential or talent level this season for whatever reason. Also, Portland won't win the cup this season, Kamloops will be the next Memorial Cup champions.
    Didn't the Blades beat the Blazers awhile ago? That had to have been embarrassing.

I agree a punishment was deserved let me make that clear and cheating should have no place in this game but i thought the punishment was to stiff a fine would have been fine with me

Just 1 mans opinion take what you will from it
    Lord Stanley - why don't you phone the Blade's Governor and express your concern about the fine? I expect he will provide you with some comfort concerning the fine and why it was justified. You appear to be reading the Portland responses including the press releases - maybe you should talk to the Blades' governor - he probably is less biased than any responses from Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Lord Stanley - why don't you phone the Blade's Governor and express your concern about the fine? I expect he will provide you with some comfort concerning the fine and why it was justified. You appear to be reading the Portland responses including the press releases - maybe you should talk to the Blades' governor - he probably is less biased than any responses from Portland
    No need to phone him or anyone in fact i am not on Portland side i am on the leagues side just thought the sanctions were a little rough that is all

But let me be clear i agree with some sort of punishment

And Trav if you want to cheer for Portland and not the Blades anymore with only 25 games into the season by all means jump ship go on the Portland banwaggon and join them

Just know if the Blades do happen to win the CUP i hope you are all of a sudden not joining the parade

No need to phone him or anyone in fact i am not on Portland side i am on the leagues side just thought the sanctions were a little rough that is all

But let me be clear i agree with some sort of punishment

And Trav if you want to cheer for Portland and not the Blades anymore with only 25 games into the season by all means jump ship go on the Portland banwaggon and join them

Just know if the Blades do happen to win the CUP i hope you are all of a sudden not joining the parade

You won't have to worry bout that cuz the Blades won't win the WHL title let alone the Memorial Cup. They'll be a back door entry in the Memorial Cup.

I still support the team but it doesn't mean I can't criticize them when they don't come to play and get hammered like they do every now and then or make dumb trades. If you think criticizing them makes me less of a fan then fine I don't care lol, not going to sit here and say oh the Blades are still good and oh they'll come back and etc. The team has done NOTHING in their whole existence so forgive me if I sound negative lol. Their the oldest team in the league and all they got to show for it is a couple eastern conference titles, thats it. Pretty sad if u ask me.

And lastly, I just want a WHL team to win the Cup and it happens to be the Winterhawks then great since they're getting screwed over by the league. People can say they did this and that to get this player or that player to sign with them, well then if they did that then show the proof. Don't just say it and run. What the Portland Winterhawks appear to have done doesn't seem to severe. The WHL should've just fined them and take away a couple decent picks, taking away four-five first rounders is insane.
    Last edited by Trav; 11-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.