Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades 2012/2013 second half

Default Blades 2012/2013 second half

Well since the previous season long thread was ruined I figured I would start a new thread.

I realize it's not quite the second have yet but close enough.

Anyway let's stick to hockey please.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    Well since the previous season long thread was ruined I figured I would start a new thread.

I realize it's not quite the second have yet but close enough.

Anyway let's stick to hockey please.

Good call. Who would have guessed 3 weeks ago, that we'd be looking at a possible 20 win team by Christmas break. Feels good doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    Good call. Who would have guessed 3 weeks ago, that we'd be looking at a possible 20 win team by Christmas break. Feels good doesn't it?
    It does feel great i dont ever want to feel what that 2-7 start feels like until we rebuild next year lol and the year after etc

Now til the jan 10th deadline is gonna be exciting times curious to see what Santa has in store for us this year

Thank you twentyone for creating this one, if we win on tuesday against swift current and beat pa both times, we would be tied with them and we would be first due to wins, that would be a nice christmas present......

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Thank you twentyone for creating this one, if we win on tuesday against swift current and beat pa both times, we would be tied with them and we would be first due to wins, that would be a nice christmas present......
    I hope u guys do win all 3 games, & surpass the over acheiving team to the north of u guys for the final time this season. Again my lowly Pats start a turn around to a season for a team, this year was way back on Oct. 30th when ur Blades beat us 3-2...last season the Pats help jump start the WKs turn around just at the end/begining of jan/feb....when in doubt when u want to turn ur season around come play the Pats we be gladly to help out

I am glad the blades are winning games they should that is an important step for good teams, now they have to play good/beat the good teams out there(all the while still winning the games they should), then they have to win in the playoffs and then they have to win against some of the best teams in the country. I guess that would make a great team.

I think before the tough comments happened somebody said something about "puck stopper" goalies and I agree but I think of them as "quiet" meaning they don't move around to much and just stay in position and be in position for the shot. Often times I think those goalies work out best in the end because sometimes reflex goalies think to highly of their reflexes and sometimes they take themselves out of position (occasionally looking great as they dive across). What I think should happen is as Moodie gets older his reflexes, strength and quickness will get better but if it comes from a good foundation that is a great start for a goalie. I would understand if we traded him in a package for a better backup goalie now but I can see some potential in his development. I remember watching cam ward develop in Red Deer - he was something special - never to quick because he did not have to be but then as he got older he got quicker.

So looks like PA may win tonight so that will be back to 8 points back with 2 in hand still not to bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    Da **** is with these posts dude?

Quote Originally Posted by ofhdhdy View Post
    Da **** is with these posts dude?
    Mods delete them on him is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by qrdsk View Post
    I am glad the blades are winning games they should that is an important step for good teams, now they have to play good/beat the good teams out there(all the while still winning the games they should), then they have to win in the playoffs and then they have to win against some of the best teams in the country. I guess that would make a great team.

I think before the tough comments happened somebody said something about "puck stopper" goalies and I agree but I think of them as "quiet" meaning they don't move around to much and just stay in position and be in position for the shot. Often times I think those goalies work out best in the end because sometimes reflex goalies think to highly of their reflexes and sometimes they take themselves out of position (occasionally looking great as they dive across). What I think should happen is as Moodie gets older his reflexes, strength and quickness will get better but if it comes from a good foundation that is a great start for a goalie. I would understand if we traded him in a package for a better backup goalie now but I can see some potential in his development. I remember watching cam ward develop in Red Deer - he was something special - never to quick because he did not have to be but then as he got older he got quicker.
    No question Moodie has potential. But I think his trade value is higher for future potential than his worth to a team hosting the mem cup. So basically to trade for a veteran 19 yr old back up goalie wouldn't cost a whole lot. 5th rounder at best. But to a rebuilding team Alex Moodie would fetch alot more.

And as for a backup on a host team, I don't think it's a good idea to carry a 17 yr old goalie who still needs some seasoning. If it was me I would package him in a deadline deal.