Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1136

Thread: Blades 2012/2013 second half

Default Real strange night

One of the strange things was that the Blades took a grand total of one minor penalty tonight. For that matter the Raiders only took three. For a rivalry like theirs and with so much on the line that is downright amazing.

Red Deer is looking good lately as well. Finishing first in the division might be key so the Blades don't have to face Red Deer in the first round. They could be a dangerous team.

I still don't understand why Kootney is in the Eastern conference. The western conference only has 10 teams. Much easier to make playoffs. Seattle who is sitting in 8th spot is 19-31-4-1 for 43 points. Good enough for last place in the eastern conference. I realize the current format evens out divisions amongst conferences but who cares. All that division play matters now is finishing first. It was different when the top 4 teams in each division made playoffs but that is no longer the case. Last year lethbridge finished 11th with 59 points. That would of been good enough for 7th in the west. Either even up the conferences or have one carry over between conferences. I realize travel could be an issue but these days I think it could be done. No worse than if Brandon and Kootney meet in the first round. Playoff profits for small hockey teams is huge.

Anyway that's my beef for today.

Quote Originally Posted by franchise View Post
    One of the strange things was that the Blades took a grand total of one minor penalty tonight. For that matter the Raiders only took three. For a rivalry like theirs and with so much on the line that is downright amazing.
    I agree but i am sure the coaches harped on decipline after the game we had against MJ took to many penalties i am a little surprised that PA didn,t lose there cool in the third when it was 7-1 no dirty play no stick work no nothing just a give up attitude but even if they did engage in a few fights they had no one to fight use as Ruopp was out

Default Makarov

Where's the comments now that Makorov should be sitting and not playing against all teams? Oh wait, he's the WHL goalie of the month and Saskatoon is on a bit of a roll, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea eh?

The last twenty games are going to be an exciting finish. Red Deer wins last night as does Saskatoon in the fight for first, Calgary beats the leagues best Winterhawks as they fight with Edmonton. A bunch of great races and some exciting hockey to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Where's the comments now that Makorov should be sitting and not playing against all teams? Oh wait, he's the WHL goalie of the month and Saskatoon is on a bit of a roll, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea eh?

The last twenty games are going to be an exciting finish. Red Deer wins last night as does Saskatoon in the fight for first, Calgary beats the leagues best Winterhawks as they fight with Edmonton. A bunch of great races and some exciting hockey to watch!
    Amen i agree just not sure if Calgary can catch Edm now being 11 points back is a huge climb and i do not see Edm losing all that much down the stretch

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    I still don't understand why Kootney is in the Eastern conference. The western conference only has 10 teams. Much easier to make playoffs. Seattle who is sitting in 8th spot is 19-31-4-1 for 43 points. Good enough for last place in the eastern conference. I realize the current format evens out divisions amongst conferences but who cares. All that division play matters now is finishing first. It was different when the top 4 teams in each division made playoffs but that is no longer the case. Last year lethbridge finished 11th with 59 points. That would of been good enough for 7th in the west. Either even up the conferences or have one carry over between conferences. I realize travel could be an issue but these days I think it could be done. No worse than if Brandon and Kootney meet in the first round. Playoff profits for small hockey teams is huge.

Anyway that's my beef for today.
    Kootenay is in the east because they're 530 km from Kelowna, which would be the nearest BC division team. Lethbridge, Calgary, and Medicine Hat are closer to Cranbrook than Kelowna, and Red Deer is pretty much the same distance.

So we got SC and LH this weekend a split i would take but 2 wins the way they are going is not out of the picture keep it going boys

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Kootenay is in the east because they're 530 km from Kelowna, which would be the nearest BC division team. Lethbridge, Calgary, and Medicine Hat are closer to Cranbrook than Kelowna, and Red Deer is pretty much the same distance.
    Yes this is true but if you look at the overall conference, I would bet it wouldn't be that much more travel. Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Calgary are the only close cities.

Edm 700km, Saskatoon 1000km, Brandon 1300 km, Moose jaw 900 km, PA 1200 km, Regina 950km. In the Western conference the furthest they would travel is Portland and Victoria at 900Km.

I personally dont think it would be that big of difference. They have to travel twice to each Eastern Division team every year.

Just my opinion. Doesnt make sense to have 12 teams in one conference and 10 teams in the other.

Heck if it was even'd out or had a crossover Moose jaw might make the playoffs more than once every 3 years as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    Yes this is true but if you look at the overall conference, I would bet it wouldn't be that much more travel. Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and Calgary are the only close cities.

Edm 700km, Saskatoon 1000km, Brandon 1300 km, Moose jaw 900 km, PA 1200 km, Regina 950km. In the Western conference the furthest they would travel is Portland and Victoria at 900Km.

I personally dont think it would be that big of difference. They have to travel twice to each Eastern Division team every year.

Just my opinion. Doesnt make sense to have 12 teams in one conference and 10 teams in the other.

Heck if it was even'd out or had a crossover Moose jaw might make the playoffs more than once every 3 years as of late.
    Makes sence to have Koot in the BC div for sure heck int eh future i would love to see the league expand to winnipeg it would be great for brandon

I lvoe the last part regarding MJ yeah they just may make the playoffs more than once every 3 years if it had changed a bit