#5 Cody Thiel (C+) - At the start of the season, there was a lot of additions to the blueline that pushed him way down the depth chart, and off the roster for a while. I was pretty sure that with all the roster moves early on, that he was going to be the next one out the door, that was , before he was reborn as a versatile forward. He doesn't really have even a shred of offensive instincts, however he has two things working for him that make him a coachable, and all around likeable player—his work ethic, and his relentless backcheck. It would seem like the odds are against him returning next season, however Brent Sutter did win a Memorial cup with an overage backup goaltender, and Devon Francon as two of his overage players.

#9 Conner Bleackley (B+) - He got off to a bit of a slow start, but if he plays anything like he did in the last twelve games or so for the rest of the season, he should be good for 20 or so goals, which is quite respectable for a 16 year old. He is built like an absolute tank with a lot of time to grow yet. Not the greatest skater, but makes up for it with a quick, heavy, and accurate wristshot and some nice hands. Should be an exciting player for years to come!

#10 Turner Elson (B+) - Picked up where he left off last year, continuing to hone his strong two-way game. You don't really see a lot of defensemen skating backwards in their zone when he is on the rush, and the Rebels just seem to have a higher amount of puck possession when he is on the ice. He is one of the three overage players, and will be moving on to pro hockey next season.

#11 Cory Millette (C+) - He doesn't really hurt the team when he is on the ice, but hasn't had a ton of consistency so far. I was really expecting bigger things from him this season, due to the unexpected ton of ice time he received last season, but I guess he is maintaining last season's offensive numbers with less ice time. He is only a second year player, and I think he will have a bigger role next season, with the departure of Elson.

#14 Rhyse Dieno (B+) - I would be lying if I said that reading on Twitter about the acquisition of a nineteen-year-old winger from the SJHL, that had been previously cut from two WHL teams, didn't bring about a serious eyeroll. However, he has absolutely brought it in every game since joining the Rebels, and has put up more than a point a game so far in fourteen games. He joins Elson and Maxwell on one of the fastest skating lines I can remember the Rebels ever having. He should return next season as an exceptional overage player.

#15 Jesse Miller (C-) - Good speed, decent size, decent hands, and up until last game seemed to rarely ever came more than a foot or so from the wall with the puck. But like, well, really all the players he has looked to play better under Sutter (at least in the one game). His future really depends on what he does from this point forward, but I think he has a future with this team, if he plays like he did last game, and less like he did in the first 23.

#16 Joel Hamilton (B+) - Bounced back from a nasty injury last season to become a real leader on this team. Makes all sorts of things happen around the other team's net, and battles hard on the wall. I think he should get some strong consideration next season for Captain.

#18 Scott Feser (??) - He has looked remarkably better than the player in training camp/exhibition in the last two games, but really too soon to tell what his future holds. I do like what I see so far though.

#19 Brooks Maxwell (B-) - He has looked pretty good at center between Elson and Dieno, complimenting their speed with even more speed! He is winning an adequate number of faceoffs, but hasn't become a consistent scoring threat as of yet, but has been shooting the puck a lot more. I think we will probably see him move back to the wing next season, as Bleackley moves up to the top line.

#20 Christian Stockl (C+) - He has done alright with some limited action. Likes to take the body and isn't afraid to take a hit to make a play. Seemed like he was a 'throw-in' in an already lucrative deal with Saskatoon, but he is turning out to be a fairly serviceable player.

#21 Wyatt Johnson (B+) - I really didn't know what to make of him at first, as he joined the team injured, and didn't play in exhibition, or in the team's first 16 games. Looks like it was worth the wait though, as he has played a solid two-way game, and really reminds me a lot of Turner Elson at that age. He could possibly be a second line player next season if he keeps working as hard has he has been.

#22 Tyson Ness (B+) - He continues to use his nose for the net to put up some decent goal totals. More than anything though, he has replaced a lot of what the team lost when they moved Kambeitz, or at least the “pre-injuries Kambeitz”. He should be another strong overage player next season, and another consideration for Captain.

#27 Matt Bellerive (B+) - Another great, low-cost pickup that has really had a strong game so far. He is one of the more physical forwards that the Rebels have, and has a really good shot that he can get away quickly. I think he will have some really big offensive numbers in the next few seasons.