Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boone Jenner

Default Boone Jenner

What's everyone's opinion on the hit and suspension. I for one think it was a bone head play and now that he is given 3 games, he should be sent home and another player brought in. If we get 1 injury now were in trouble and playing short handed against the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on the hit and suspension. I for one think it was a bone head play and now that he is given 3 games, he should be sent home and another player brought in. If we get 1 injury now were in trouble and playing short handed against the states.
    Fair call in my opinion Jenner is a moron has a bad rap now the hit was way away from the play and it deserves the 3 gamer team Canada needs to learn how to adapt to these euro refs i dont feel sorry for them at all

I dont agree, at all, but Im not surprised in the least bit.

Guess the lesson to learn here is that if you are going to finish a check(a bad idea to boot in new-hockey), you better make damned sure that its not on a smaller opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_Arrogant_Jerk View Post
    I dont agree, at all, but Im not surprised in the least bit.

Guess the lesson to learn here is that if you are going to finish a check(a bad idea to boot in new-hockey), you better make damned sure that its not on a smaller opponent.
    And not to to do it way away from the puck and injure the player in a dirty hit in the process he is lucky i is only 3 games

If it was late, which it wasnt really, then it should only be a 2 minute interference call. maybe a double minor for harming the guy.

not three friggin games. its embarrassing to see you people embracing these increasingly ridiculous calls and precedents set.

If it was late, which it wasnt really, then it should only be a 2 minute interference call. maybe a double minor for harming the guy.

not three friggin games. its embarrassing to see you people embracing these increasingly ridiculous calls and precedents set.
    I am just not bias at all if this happened to the Nuge and he got hurt on the play their would be a huge outcry and possibly a riot

Maybe that wasn't an NHL penalty in the 70/80's, but everyone knows in international hockey you can't skate the diamater of the face off circle after the guys passed the puck and hit him. Jenner's an idiot, with this hit, the spearing last year, he's not cut out for international play.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I fear the suspension is a sign of things to come. I hope I'm wrong. You'd think that these guys would know international reffing by now. This is not Jenner's first dance either. The discipline or lack thereof, will play a huge role in any success Canada has this year. GO CANADA GO!
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

i dont think it was even a penalty.Jenner was in on the forecheck and hit the Swede just as he dished the puck off.Hits like that occur nightly the WHL and go without a penalty.It is international hockey and i do get that the player was injured.The optics of a player injured and coming off the ice in a stretcher weighed heavily in Jenner getting suspended

Iconwhl

having role type players like Jenner, Ritchie, Camara, Lipon to name a few who shouldnt be part of international play... every other country brings there top pure offensive players except for canada we still think we need role player.

Its been our own fault the past few years why we havent been able to win gold, which will be no different for this years team either dont even think we will be in the gold medal game.

as for the hit, it was borderline at best for what we see in our own league but euro refs will call it all the time & being that he got hurt pretty much assures that the IIHF will hand down a suspension.... is it right? maybe not but the IIHF is more consistant with there rulings then any league in north america (pro or junior)