Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Boone Jenner

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    i dont think it was even a penalty.Jenner was in on the forecheck and hit the Swede just as he dished the puck off.Hits like that occur nightly the WHL and go without a penalty.It is international hockey and i do get that the player was injured.The optics of a player injured and coming off the ice in a stretcher weighed heavily in Jenner getting suspended
    He skated the diamater of the face off circle after the Swede passed the puck, it's going to be called every time in IIHF, he should know better
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

That hit would've brought about a meeting with Shanny if it was in the NHL. The hit happened a full second after the Swede passed the puck. Jenner literally had time to think "maybe I shouldn't follow through" before he hit him.

Once we start telling players to not finish their checks is when this game is in real trouble. The reality of this exchange is that if the guy wasnt injured, then theres no fuss. I still maintain its a 2-4 minute penalty, and physics had a bigger hand(One guy being 6'2 200, and the other 5'9 160) in the hit than any malicious intent.

And looking through these posts, it seems that people need to realize that this is Team Canada, not Team Russia. They should not be known as flopping limp wristed powerplay wizards. They should either play a gritty determined team game. Id rather see them play the right way or not at all.

Honestly, I think we will be lucky if from here on out every borderline interference call doesnt result in a suspension.

Now that was a text book hit today, to bad for the Slovak but boys and girls keep your head up. No suspension on the hit and there shouldn't have been a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    having role type players like Jenner, Ritchie, Camara, Lipon to name a few who shouldnt be part of international play... every other country brings there top pure offensive players except for canada we still think we need role player.
    Role players?

Jenner was top 10 in OHL scoring when he left, Ritchie was the leading scorer, Lipon was one of the top scorers in the WHL.

Which top offensive guys are missing out with these "role players" on the team?

The Jenner deserved a penalty but the suspension was stupid, but not unexpected from the joke IIHF. Good to see Canada keep him on and not punish him for the IIHF's stupidity. He should be a big part of Canada winning gold.