Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades coming?

Default Trades coming?

Gregg Drinnan reported that Alex Forseberg didn't return to the Prince George Cougers after the Christmas break and is requesting a trade. Not sure if he would be of use to the Broncos or not just because a player that quits usually has issues. But...he was selected first overall in the 2010 bantam draft and he is a forward. Swift Current is also alot closer to home for him as he is a Saskatchewanian. Thoughts on this? Or any other possible trade thoughts??

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Iconwhl

I wouldnt say Forsberg has issues its just a case of a family getting sick and tired of playing for a losing franchise. A franchise where the Brodsky's could careless what happens too. His older brother Jesse played there since 2009/10 season & the cougars have not improved 1 bit since then.

I personally feel its more of a family thing then the kid himself, but there will be a price tag on the younger Forsberg he is a quality 17yr old. He had 40pts as a 16yr old on a weak team so dont expect the Cougars to just give him away either, im thinking would take a 1st rd pick & a quality 16yr old just for the Cougars to even start listening.

I agree with you on that. I was just speculating as to the "quitter" part, I have no proof of that. Don't know much about Prince George either, but you may be on to something, I also read his older brother wanted out of P.G. at the start of this year too. A quality, young, skilled forward will definately bring the Cougers a good return. I'm really not sure what the Broncos will do by the deadline. I don't think they know yet either. Not sure if Forsberg could make much of a difference this year with all the one goal games we have had. I think he is more of a "future" guy. I do know Lamb doesn't want to give up much of the young talent he is growing. If the Broncos were "sellers" this year and PG "buyers", then Forsberg would be a good pick up. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I wouldnt say Forsberg has issues its just a case of a family getting sick and tired of playing for a losing franchise. A franchise where the Brodsky's could careless what happens too. His older brother Jesse played there since 2009/10 season & the cougars have not improved 1 bit since then.

I personally feel its more of a family thing then the kid himself, but there will be a price tag on the younger Forsberg he is a quality 17yr old. He had 40pts as a 16yr old on a weak team so dont expect the Cougars to just give him away either, im thinking would take a 1st rd pick & a quality 16yr old just for the Cougars to even start listening.
    Dillon Heatherington was the Bronco's first round pick (11th overall) when Forsberg was drafted in 2010. Forsberg has faded whereas Dillon has advanced. I cannot see a general manager trading a 1st rounder and a quality 16 year for an unproven player even if he was the first pick overall. Remember Alexander Daigle.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    Gregg Drinnan reported that Alex Forseberg didn't return to the Prince George Cougers after the Christmas break and is requesting a trade. Not sure if he would be of use to the Broncos or not just because a player that quits usually has issues. But...he was selected first overall in the 2010 bantam draft and he is a forward. Swift Current is also alot closer to home for him as he is a Saskatchewanian. Thoughts on this? Or any other possible trade thoughts??
    Over the years the Broncos have made great trades - Thompson and Green, Tidball and Crowley, Schneider come to mind
    Some trades are made out of necessity - Eaken, Buckberger/McCambridge, McCammond/Perkins
    And some we would always like to forget - Rome/Richards to Moose Jaw

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Dillon Heatherington was the Bronco's first round pick (11th overall) when Forsberg was drafted in 2010. Forsberg has faded whereas Dillon has advanced. I cannot see a general manager trading a 1st rounder and a quality 16 year for an unproven player even if he was the first pick overall. Remember Alexander Daigle.
    Unproven scorer really? he was the 2nd highest scoring 16yr old last season only behind Reinhart had 40pts in 51games.... this year is simply cuz he doesnt want to be in PG & cant blame the kid for that at all, they are 1 of the worst ran clubs in the WHL his older brother wanted out of there for a reason.

He is still 1 of the most dangerous 17yr olds in the league just when u have no 1 to play with at all it is very easy to shut down a 17yr old. PG will get a 1st rd pick & a top prospect for Forsberg or will take 3 quality players to give some depth. Any team in there right mind would give up a 1st rd pick for this year to get a 17yr old of Forsberg calibre.

Heck I would be very happy if the Pats gave up 1st rd pick, Brooks, & D'Amico (or something along those lines) for Forsberg... I know the Pats will not land Forsberg (but i can dream) he would definately speed up our rebuild to go along with Klimchuk, Burroughs, Williams, Hand & Gay

Forsberg would be perfect for the Broncos even at the cost of a first round pick. He gives them a top 6 forward they need to make a push and being only 17 Lamb can hang on to his rebuilding excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Unproven scorer really? he was the 2nd highest scoring 16yr old last season only behind Reinhart had 40pts in 51games.... this year is simply cuz he doesnt want to be in PG & cant blame the kid for that at all, they are 1 of the worst ran clubs in the WHL his older brother wanted out of there for a reason.

He is still 1 of the most dangerous 17yr olds in the league just when u have no 1 to play with at all it is very easy to shut down a 17yr old. PG will get a 1st rd pick & a top prospect for Forsberg or will take 3 quality players to give some depth. Any team in there right mind would give up a 1st rd pick for this year to get a 17yr old of Forsberg calibre.

Heck I would be very happy if the Pats gave up 1st rd pick, Brooks, & D'Amico (or something along those lines) for Forsberg... I know the Pats will not land Forsberg (but i can dream) he would definately speed up our rebuild to go along with Klimchuk, Burroughs, Williams, Hand & Gay
    Come on
    Now you're changing the intent of the previous comment. The previous comment was Forsberg being traded for a 1st rounder and a quality player. That would mean something more like Klimchuk as a opposed to Brooks and D'Amico - with all due respect. Is Brooks a quality player. Just looking at his stats (8 points in 32 games - 2nd round 2011 draft).
    I guess it all comes down to the definition of a quality player and yes I also would trade the Pat's first rounder and Brooks and D'Amico for Forsberg but I would not trade Forsberg for Klimchuk and a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Over the years the Broncos have made great trades - Thompson and Green, Tidball and Crowley, Schneider come to mind
    Some trades are made out of necessity - Eaken, Buckberger/McCambridge, McCammond/Perkins
    And some we would always like to forget - Rome/Richards to Moose Jaw

I agree. Maybe Lamb will go after Forsberg, maybe he won't. Would Forsberg be the difference in all our 1 goal games though? If he did become a bronco he'd be good for another two years just not sure if he'd be the difference maker this season. Lamb would like a goal scorer I think for this season and then back to the rebuild next. PG will want young talent that Lamb may not want to give up.

I see Prince George has only one import player as well. Does Lamb make an offer with Nedlomel packaged up?