Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades coming?

Or maybe Forsberg isn't what the Boncos want. Jayden Hart is requesting a trade out of Medicine Hat. He has size and skill and is an 18 year old centre. Not as elite a player as Forsberg but won't cost Lamb as much to aquire.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Come on
    Now you're changing the intent of the previous comment. The previous comment was Forsberg being traded for a 1st rounder and a quality player. That would mean something more like Klimchuk as a opposed to Brooks and D'Amico - with all due respect. Is Brooks a quality player. Just looking at his stats (8 points in 32 games - 2nd round 2011 draft).
    I guess it all comes down to the definition of a quality player and yes I also would trade the Pat's first rounder and Brooks and D'Amico for Forsberg but I would not trade Forsberg for Klimchuk and a first rounder.
    I think u need to re-read my post, I never said that would be the exact deal I had put in brackets "something along those lines. As for ur comment about Forsberg for Klimchuk & a 1st (know u said u would not trade that) that type of aa trade would heavily favour PG Klimchuk is twice the player Forsberg is, pts were very simliar last year Forsberg 40pts Klimchuk 36pts but this year is where the development really took off.

PG will be looking for 16 & 17 year olds 1 thing that does favour the Pats is we have a a lot of 17yr olds on our squad this year, have 4 plaayers from the 1st 3 rds (from the year Forsberg & Klimchuk were chosen) in Klimchuk, Burroughs, Hand & Williams.

As fun as it is to talk about the chances of landing a young prospect like Forsberg, realisticly I don't think the Pats have enough quality prospects to pull of a trade like this & then again neither do the Broncos. I believe if any Sask team can land Forsberg it would be MJ or possibly PA & we could go as far as saying BRN (damn MB) has enough prospects to pull of a deal like that as well which would speed up there rebuild very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I think u need to re-read my post, I never said that would be the exact deal I had put in brackets "something along those lines. As for ur comment about Forsberg for Klimchuk & a 1st (know u said u would not trade that) that type of aa trade would heavily favour PG Klimchuk is twice the player Forsberg is, pts were very simliar last year Forsberg 40pts Klimchuk 36pts but this year is where the development really took off.

PG will be looking for 16 & 17 year olds 1 thing that does favour the Pats is we have a a lot of 17yr olds on our squad this year, have 4 plaayers from the 1st 3 rds (from the year Forsberg & Klimchuk were chosen) in Klimchuk, Burroughs, Hand & Williams.

As fun as it is to talk about the chances of landing a young prospect like Forsberg, realisticly I don't think the Pats have enough quality prospects to pull of a trade like this & then again neither do the Broncos. I believe if any Sask team can land Forsberg it would be MJ or possibly PA & we could go as far as saying BRN (damn MB) has enough prospects to pull of a deal like that as well which would speed up there rebuild very fast.
    I agree with your comments
    The Broncos probably would not be prepared to give up a Martin or a Heatherington or a Gaudin (their 2012 first rounder) - consider them untouchable. I do not think the Broncos would give up their 1st round pick in 2013 and Odgers - their 2012 2nd rounder for him either but PG would not agree to that type of trade anyways.

I would say Bosc, Leth and a 1st or 2nd for Forsberg.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Does anyone have a clue what this team is going to do at the deadline? Lamb in past years stays relatively quiet. Are we building for a contender in the years ahead? I thought thats what the fans have been told, if thats still the case, Scarlett and Lowry must be traded for more assets.
    If we want to make the playoffs we must aquire more skill by trading our future.
    Financially, this club has to make the playoffs, so do we do nothing? Go in as a dark horse and likely be out after round one?
    Next year doesn't look like a powerhouse year by any means, as we are still 2 years away from that!
    It's a tough call, and I want playoff hockey BAD!! But long term, I'd say Lamb Chops should pull the pin on Lowry and Scarlett and keep building this thing.
    As much as I dislike this coaching staff, and they should NEVER have been rewarded by another lengthy contract, they should probably stick to their guns, bite the bullet and pull the trigger on aquiring more assets and trade Lowry and Scarlett.
    It sucks but thats hockey. just an opinion.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

From watching your team your only a couple players away from winning a couple playoff rounds. 2 good lines strong tending, play big. It's sad when you have to run your team on worrying about playoff money but we need you guys in the league.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    From watching your team your only a couple players away from winning a couple playoff rounds. 2 good lines strong tending, play big. It's sad when you have to run your team on worrying about playoff money but we need you guys in the league.
    U sound like Brent Parker when he was running the Pats the Broncos are more then a couple players away they are realisticly a 1 rd team come playoff time. Trade Lowry but keep Scarlett as he has a much better chance at coming back as a 20yr old. Don't think he is signed at all & he's not aa big name Dman in the WHL to begin with. He is solid but nothing amazing.

A team like KAM or EDM I can see being extremely interested in Lowry, get a quality 17yr old & a pick with a 16yr old prospect & the Broncos should be laughing for next season. That is as long as that euro goalie comes back for a year 2 in speedy creek. He alone should be able to squeak u into the playoffs in 7th or 6th

Unhappy

Swift has 8 -19yr olds including their import goalie so this year would be the year to make a couple moves to have some playoff success. Next year will be a young team and if they trade to build they would be 2 years away. That's some tough descions to be made in speedy creek.

Scarlett has been signed by the Devils.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by 2,5,andagame View Post
    Scarlett has been signed by the Devils.
    ok ty i wasnt sure if he was signed or not then i guess with that said both lowry & scarlett will be gone next year tough decisions in broncoland forsure.... if the Broncos feel they can get into the 2nd rd then by all means bring in a player or 2 cuz the playoff money goes a long ways for a small market team.... but if its just 1 round they feel then maybe they need to move players & build, moving Lowry should bring them a quality 17yr old who would be ready for a bigger role as a 18yr old.

For some reason i thought ur finnish goalie was only 18yrs old not 19....