Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trades coming?

He'll be a two spotter next year. As far as Jayden Hart goes, he was traded to P.A.. No word from the Bronco's so far on any trade dealings. Wonder which way Lamb Chops is gonna lead us. And wonder what offers are being thrown at him and what he's throwing back. This is the most intriguing time with Lamb at the helm for me. This decision is huge and valid arguments can be made, for whatever the decision. I hope whatever choice is made, whether sellers or buyers, that it will be to the benefit of the team for years to come. I hope Lamb can prove his worth.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by trucker View Post
    He'll be a two spotter next year. As far as Jayden Hart goes, he was traded to P.A.. No word from the Bronco's so far on any trade dealings. Wonder which way Lamb Chops is gonna lead us. And wonder what offers are being thrown at him and what he's throwing back. This is the most intriguing time with Lamb at the helm for me. This decision is huge and valid arguments can be made, for whatever the decision. I hope whatever choice is made, whether sellers or buyers, that it will be to the benefit of the team for years to come. I hope Lamb can prove his worth.
    The other alternative for Mark is to do nothing. I would be surprised if he chose this option, but with the number of injured players that eventually may return to the line up Lamb may be satisfied with the team he has. Derko, Bews, and Benson would certainly improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    The other alternative for Mark is to do nothing. I would be surprised if he chose this option, but with the number of injured players that eventually may return to the line up Lamb may be satisfied with the team he has. Derko, Bews, and Benson would certainly improve the team.
    I'd be surprised if Lamb did nothing, unless the offers for Lowry and Scarlett are not even close to his goals. IMO with the number of 19 year olds you have to go for it this year. Give up some youth to get those top forwards you need. Two of the 20 year olds - Reum and Moser - can be released to make room for what they need. They don't make or break this team. Honestly from what I have seen of Dale he is a liability on the ice.

If he continues to rebuild then ship Lowry, Scarlett, Nedomlel and honestly Laurikainen. Hate to see the goalie go but if there's one rental player that will bring a big return of youth and draft picks its Etu. Bow and Myland are the goalies next year, if you're going to give up the season in favour of rebuilding you might as well start in net and see if these two guys can get you into the playoffs this season.

I say load up and make a run to the playoffs. At some point Lamb can't be scared to succeed and the "rebuilding" excuse for failure is wearing thin with some fans.

Iconwhl

The problem with the euro goalie is no playoff team needs a goalie & i highly doubt they will waste a euro spot on a backup goalie for there team. The Broncos are 3 games below .500 i cant see Lamb making a huge run at it by loading up just doesnt make sense for a team that sits with a losing record.

Moving Lowry would make the most sense to speed up the rebuilding phase, but with that said moving Lowry will pretty much end any playoff hopes the Broncos may have & playoff money is very important to small market teams especially a team like the Broncos.

Eetu isn't a euro backup. He would be an upgrade to almost any teams starting goalie. The current starter of that team would then be relegated to backup

Icon32

What top six team goaltender would he replace? He's a backup for a contender, he would be the backup in regina. Not saying he's not a good goalie just the league has a good crop of 20 year olds for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    What top six team goaltender would he replace? He's a backup for a contender, he would be the backup in regina. Not saying he's not a good goalie just the league has a good crop of 20 year olds for starters.
    It all depends on the situation. For example if PA were to trade their 20 year old goaltender and obtained E2 and then traded for Ferland- it would make sense and PA would be a better team this year.
    Tri Cities, PA, Kamloops, and Lethbridge are contenders which all have goaltenders that do not have stats as good a Eatu

But do they have 2 good euros. There lays the problem.

Iconwhl

euro goalies r the toughest to trade to contenders i never once said he wasnt a good goalie cuz he is but i can assure u that TC, PA, LETH rnt just going to make there goalie now a backup especially TC who has a young very good goalie whos development is more important then playing ur goalie for there team lol

he doesnt have as much value as u may think

Sure is quiet on the trade front! Wonder when this bubble is going to burst open in the league?!? Can this club go three years without the playoffs? Eventually the "rebuild" players are going to need playoff experience. If thats what Pork chops is planning on, then we do nothing. The dark horse idea in junior hockey, to me, is a long shot idea and rarely happens. We could maybe take a series to 6 or 7 games, but then it would be back to next year talk on here. With nothing really to get up for next year, it could very easily end up with another season of no playoffs.
    If we want a team that could go on to WHL championships, then we trade whatever we can for quality 17 year olds, as thats the age group when the "rebuild" begins to show us what we've been waiting for...or thats what we are being led to believe by this coaching regime.
    I love having Laurikainen and Lowry as Broncos and it would suck to see them traded. Scarlett, to me, has always been over-rated and trading him for a good return would be welcome in my eyes. Lowry will be gone next year as will Scarlett, but I do see Eetu back here as an overager.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions