Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadline trade deals

Default Deadline trade deals

Here is a good article on possible trades
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...031417584.html

And for those wondering what Ferland is worth, here's one point of view

The 13-20-2-2 Manitoba-based club could fetch a pretty penny for Ferland. Precedents suggest the 6-foot-2, 225-pound winger is roughly worth two first-round bantam picks or a first rounder and a high-end prospect.But one has to keep in mind Ferland's market is limited to contenders looking to upgrade one of their three overagers.

The Edmonton Oil Kings are a logical fit for Ferland. They have an overage opening and could use his tenacity and truculence in their expected Memorial Cup run.

So, Revel and and a first rounder it is.......
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Really ? Revel and a 1st for Forsberg.If I was Lorne I wouldnt even consider Revel for Forsberg
    Last edited by Sttop; 12-31-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Iconwhl

The thing with Ferland is only a couple teams will actually take a shot at him & that will be EDM, KAM & possibly Stoon being that he is 20 the old "take it or leave it" will be thrown in there.... as tempting as it may be for Lorne to go after Ferland the WKs already have a soild group of Stoon's former prospects giving them yet another player is a hard pill for management & fans to swallow.

Id love to see no 1 take extreme interest in him & not give KM anything worth while of a deal, unfortunately that wont happen though. As for Revel i doubt he gets moved especially with his no trade clause where he would have to approve of a trade, & for him throwing away his NCAA chances was only cuz of the Memorial Cup... just like when Schenn was 1st reported being traded to Stoon a couple yrs ago, the 1st trade fell threw cuz Benson (i believe it was) wouldnt waive his no trade clause.

Dont get me wrong sbtatter i like Ferland i think he is 1 of the best power forwards in the league (if not the best now) just most GM's will defiantely shy away from giving up as much as what that Friesen predicts...being a writer from yahoo gives him little creditabilty as well lol.... i hope im wrong & BRN gets what he thinks they are offering it will help BRN becomes the class franchise in the league again in a couple yrs cuz lord knows there isnt much else to do in BRN besides the WKs

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Really ? Revel and a 1st for Forsberg.If I was Lorne I wouldnt even consider Revel for Forsberg
    For Ferland, not Forsberg
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The thing with Ferland is only a couple teams will actually take a shot at him & that will be EDM, KAM & possibly Stoon being that he is 20 the old "take it or leave it" will be thrown in there.... as tempting as it may be for Lorne to go after Ferland the WKs already have a soild group of Stoon's former prospects giving them yet another player is a hard pill for management & fans to swallow.

Id love to see no 1 take extreme interest in him & not give KM anything worth while of a deal, unfortunately that wont happen though. As for Revel i doubt he gets moved especially with his no trade clause where he would have to approve of a trade, & for him throwing away his NCAA chances was only cuz of the Memorial Cup... just like when Schenn was 1st reported being traded to Stoon a couple yrs ago, the 1st trade fell threw cuz Benson (i believe it was) wouldnt waive his no trade clause.

Dont get me wrong sbtatter i like Ferland i think he is 1 of the best power forwards in the league (if not the best now) just most GM's will defiantely shy away from giving up as much as what that Friesen predicts...being a writer from yahoo gives him little creditabilty as well lol.... i hope im wrong & BRN gets what he thinks they are offering it will help BRN becomes the class franchise in the league again in a couple yrs cuz lord knows there isnt much else to do in BRN besides the WKs
    I kind of hope Ferland stays actually, not good in the long run but will be entertaining for the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    For Ferland, not Forsberg
    really ?

Saskatoon makes senses as a destination for Forsberg. The Blades lack talent down the middle and could use Forsberg past their MasterCard Memorial Cup season. If they are willing to part with 16-year-old centre Matt Revel and their first-round bantam pick, it seems the deal is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    really ?

Saskatoon makes senses as a destination for Forsberg. The Blades lack talent down the middle and could use Forsberg past their MasterCard Memorial Cup season. If they are willing to part with 16-year-old centre Matt Revel and their first-round bantam pick, it seems the deal is possible
    Revel and a first for Forsberg yeesh not sure i want to give up that much Revel is a year younger than Forsberg and could very well turn out better

No chance would I consider that. I would think Revel is a top 5 16 year old in the league. And seems to have a good work ethic . I know I wouldnt be happy if the Raiders gave up Gardiner for him and I would put Revel and Gardiner in the same catagory.

Iconwhl

With Kessy going to Kamloops im guessing they are happy with there current 20yr old situation. Prob thinking BRN is asking way to much for Ferland, which i have heard they are asking for a king's randsom yet again (so not worth it lol).

I guess with Kamloops filling there 20yr old void that can be good news for Pats fans with the Pats keeping Scheidl... altho there is still EDM out there but they are looking at Ferland as well is PA (from what i have heard put a good offer on the table, source can not be named).

I also believe that a guy like Colin Jacobs would be a nice fit for someone as well. He is a big 19yr old center whos a point a game player playing on a very weak PG team.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    With Kessy going to Kamloops im guessing they are happy with there current 20yr old situation. Prob thinking BRN is asking way to much for Ferland, which i have heard they are asking for a king's randsom yet again (so not worth it lol).

I guess with Kamloops filling there 20yr old void that can be good news for Pats fans with the Pats keeping Scheidl... altho there is still EDM out there but they are looking at Ferland as well is PA (from what i have heard put a good offer on the table, source can not be named).

I also believe that a guy like Colin Jacobs would be a nice fit for someone as well. He is a big 19yr old center whos a point a game player playing on a very weak PG team.
    I'm sure KM wants to deal with Grandpa Lorne!