Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Deadline trade deals

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    And the worst trade was Sundher for sure, but Victoria also missed out on Conroy, amazing how that plug has turned into a ppg guy in PA!
    I got admit i am shocked how Conroy has turned out as well

Whats interesting about it is he is is only 18 and will be one of the players that sticks around as a 20 year old. IMO he has taken Winthers spot on the depth chart and he may be trade bait now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Whats interesting about it is he is is only 18 and will be one of the players that sticks around as a 20 year old. IMO he has taken Winthers spot on the depth chart and he may be trade bait now.
    If I was PA and someone offered me value for Conroy, I'd take it in a heart beat in case he regresses to they type of player he was for Bdn and Victoria. In the meantime, great trade for PA!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Conroy like many players as they mature realise what there strengths are & play within them. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd rd bantam pick? Sometimes just need a coach to trust the kid & give him an opportunity in a bigger role he has gotten in PA, I doubt he falls backwards as a 19yr old in his development not saying he will show a lot more improvement he may be stretched as far as he can get for his skills but time will tell, in the mean time its BRN & VIC loss for not noticing his untapped skills but then again with Clouston being BRN's coach last year a lot of players in BRN lost a year of development cuz of that dumb arse.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Conroy like many players as they mature realise what there strengths are & play within them. Wasn't he a 1st or 2nd rd bantam pick? Sometimes just need a coach to trust the kid & give him an opportunity in a bigger role he has gotten in PA, I doubt he falls backwards as a 19yr old in his development not saying he will show a lot more improvement he may be stretched as far as he can get for his skills but time will tell, in the mean time its BRN & VIC loss for not noticing his untapped skills but then again with Clouston being BRN's coach last year a lot of players in BRN lost a year of development cuz of that dumb arse.
    I like that last line! He was 49th overall
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

very quiet for the weekend before the trade deadline, but with so many teams on the bubble this weekend is prob a make it or break it weekend to see which direction a team is going to take....if any direction at all.

I know for a fact Lang is u sing this weekend as his measuring stick for what he is going to do. He has said all along that he believes our group is more then good enough to make the playoffs.

I think the big test though is tonite in PA to see how our full roster matches up against the Raiders. Even though they will still be missing 2 key players in McNeil & that german kid (too lazy to search his correct spelling).

My take on the Eastern Div teams
    PA; Wheels are in danger of coming off. Need a goaltender in case Siemen implodes like last year. Need reinforcements if they want to keep 2nd seed in conf. Big time buyers
    Stoon; Obviously need to improve to win more than 1 round and compete in mem Cup. The biggest buyers
    Swifty; A mess, need playoff revenue, but have a great opportunity to set up future by trading Lowry. Should sell, but I think they will do nothing
    Regina; Not going to sell their young assets, should stand pat (NPI).
    MJW; Sell Reilly you fools, don't pull a Regina (Eberle, Teubert). Sell reilly and will be the team in the best position in this division for the forseable future
    Bdn. Sell, sell, sell. Should have sold Stone last year instead of buying Sundher. Sell, sell, sell!!!!

What do others think?

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    My take on the Eastern Div teams
    PA; Wheels are in danger of coming off. Need a goaltender in case Siemen implodes like last year. Need reinforcements if they want to keep 2nd seed in conf. Big time buyers
    Stoon; Obviously need to improve to win more than 1 round and compete in mem Cup. The biggest buyers
    Swifty; A mess, need playoff revenue, but have a great opportunity to set up future by trading Lowry. Should sell, but I think they will do nothing
    Regina; Not going to sell their young assets, should stand pat (NPI).
    MJW; Sell Reilly you fools, don't pull a Regina (Eberle, Teubert). Sell reilly and will be the team in the best position in this division for the forseable future
    Bdn. Sell, sell, sell. Should have sold Stone last year instead of buying Sundher. Sell, sell, sell!!!!

What do others think?
    I know pats will have to be real careful. Hopefully this hot streak is indicative of future play, but Im still not sure. Id like to see a 19 year old forward moved, if only to get some value now(maybe even a younger forward), and since they have the depth now to compensate for that loss(which is weird to say. pats never have depth).

I agree on the others, though I dont see MJ moving Reilly, and SC moving Lowry. Blades might just tinker at this point.

Iconwhl

Apparently Daulton Siwak of PG has also requested a trade, thats 2 players on PG now who have asked to be traded other being Alex Forsberg..... i dont blame the kids for wanting out of that franchise, it has been a mess for as along as i can remember.

It may be time the league looks into that franchise & maybe pursaudes Brodsky to sell to a group who wants a franchise back in Chilliwack.

First deal of deadline day sees Aryton Nikkel dealt to the SilverTips just waiting to see who Brandon got