Thread: Cougars relieve Dean Clark of Head Coaching duties

Post Cougars relieve Dean Clark of Head Coaching duties

Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson announced this morning that Head Coach Dean Clark has been relieved of his head coaching duties.

Clark joined the Cougars in April, 2009 and led the Cougars to a record of 83-163-5-11 during his tenure in Prince George.

“We would like to thank Dean for his commitment to the Prince George Cougars organization for the past three-and-a-half seasons,” said Prince George Cougars Vice President Brandi Brodsky.

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...oaching-duties

Time flies when you feel yourself growing old. It does not seem like he's been there that long.

From my armchair vantage point at the bottom of the province, and apparently the bottom of the league it seemed to me to be more appropo for an announcement that the Brodsky's are relieved of their duties and team.

Not being there certainly gives my armchair opinions a boost of zero but every year I'm left scratchin my head as to how a team can function in that city, atleast with the current organization. They seem to have floundered in the league for more than a typical WHL type rebuilding cycle or even two and every time I see their attendance stats I wonder how the organization can provide the foundational assests to grow a team. Does the city provide facilities for free?

That could be one of the worst coaching records by anyone anywhere. The league stepped in when POR was being run into the ground but not here. Must be the Brodsky name as proven by Robisons announcement earlier regarding the other Brodsky owned team.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl

the coaching change is far from the problem in PG..... maybe part of the problem begins with Brandi Brodsky being Vice- President within a hockey organization... food for thought

We used to be seasons ticket holders. Not anymore.
    We used to sponsor the team via rinkboards. Didn't even get a call or email to renew this season.

We have been to one game this season and I'd be shocked if there were more than 500 people there.

The team has completely alienated the fans. This isn't Toronto where people will pay top dollar to watch their team suck and miss the playoffs year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    the coaching change is far from the problem in PG..... maybe part of the problem begins with Brandi Brodsky being Vice- President within a hockey organization... food for thought
    Not just that, the GM is the bosses daughters husband. I have no problem with family run businesses IF you are getting the job done and from a losing record year after year the job is not getting done.

Post Cougars name Mark Holick Head Coach

Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson announced that Mark Holick has been named the 10th head coach of the Prince George Cougars Hockey Club. Holick most recently served as head coach of the Syracuse Crunch (AHL, 2010-2012) and the Kootenay Ice (WHL, 2007-2010).

“I’m really excited to get going,” said Holick who hopes to arrive in Prince George in time to watch tonight’s game. “I’m happy to be back in the WHL, and my family and I are looking forward to being a part of the community in Prince George.”

Under Holick, the Kootenay Ice made the playoffs in each of his three seasons behind the bench. He coached Kootenay to an overall record of 120-75-0-21 and a winning percentage of .604. Holick won WHL Coach of the Year honors in 2009-2010.

“We’re extremely excited to name Mark our head coach,” said Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson. “He brings with him an excellent winning record, pro experience and will bring an exciting new approach to our players and fans.”

“We’re going to command a work ethic, commitment and pride in being part of an organization in the WHL,” adds Holick. “We want to be the hardest working team on the ice, and when you do that, you win more than you lose.”

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...ick-head-coach

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    <snip>
    “We’re going to command a work ethic, commitment and pride in being part of an organization in the WHL,” adds Holick. “We want to be the hardest working team on the ice, and when you do that, you win more than you lose.”

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...ick-head-coach
    Whose the we? And is the command also directed at ownership?