Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Daulton Siwak asks for trade as well

Iconwhl Daulton Siwak asks for trade as well

count them up thats 2 players since the xmas break who have asked for a trade now... time for Brodsky to sell that team & get them moved, PG has been a mess for as long as i can remember

it a shame that the Cougars didnt trade Siwak and Forsberg.Does anyone know where Siwak is playing ?

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    it a shame that the Cougars didnt trade Siwak and Forsberg.Does anyone know where Siwak is playing ?
    I haven't heard that he is playing anywhere. He may just start looking at his options for school, as he probably won't get a lot of looks next season as an overage player in the WHL.

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    A better question might be - what did PG expect to receive for these players?
    Most teams would have contacted PG concerning Forsberg. Did PG expect to receive a Lazar, Klimchuk, Morissey, Lees, Heatherington or Comrie - all high picks in 2010 - or Virtanen, Martin, Pilon, Tomson or Duke - all high picks in 2011 - as compensation for Forsberg? Perhaps the perception of his value had dropped with a -18 plus/minus and 19 points in 31 games and all.

Is PG going to receive more value later on? I do not think so. The best time to make a trade if you are a seller in when the WHL hosts a Memorial Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Most teams would have contacted PG concerning Forsberg. Did PG expect to receive a Lazar, Klimchuk, Morissey, Lees, Heatherington or Comrie - all high picks in 2010 - or Virtanen, Martin, Pilon, Tomson or Duke - all high picks in 2011 - as compensation for Forsberg? Perhaps the perception of his value had dropped with a -18 plus/minus and 19 points in 31 games and all.

Is PG going to receive more value later on? I do not think so. The best time to make a trade if you are a seller in when the WHL hosts a Memorial Cup.
    That's why players want out.They are not to smart over there .
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfantastic View Post
    Most teams would have contacted PG concerning Forsberg. Did PG expect to receive a Lazar, Klimchuk, Morissey, Lees, Heatherington or Comrie - all high picks in 2010 - or Virtanen, Martin, Pilon, Tomson or Duke - all high picks in 2011 - as compensation for Forsberg?
    I would hope that he wasn't looking for anything like that, and it was just the short time-span that prevented them from getting what they were looking for (week before the deadline).

I have heard that the Father of the two Forsberg boys is a real pain in the ass to deal with, from more than a few people. This could also have played into the equation. I would imagine that a few of the teams already have a difficult parent to deal with, and a few of the lucky ones are enjoying some peace on this front and are not willing to change that.

Aside from that, there seems to be a great deal of animosity between ownership and the fans in PG. Like most people, I am not really aware of what the exact problems are--though the overall mood that is set by some of the fans and former players always makes me feel sorry for players when they got traded there.

Perhaps this is the same boat that the GMs of the other teams are in. Something is obviously wrong in PG, and I am sure they are as aware of that as we are. They have formed interpersonal relationships with a lot of these kids and their families during the course of scouting, drafting and developing them. Do they send one of these young men to a team that they are aware is having these issues?

So in the end, I don't think it has as much to do with what PG expected to get back, as the short period of time involved, the involvement of the Father, and what is probably a very limited selection of players that they would be willing to send to PG.

Iconwhl

The Cougars had slightly over 2 weeks to move Forsberg, as he did not return after xmas... they had more then enough time to work out a deal, im sure teams put offers on the table before the final day. Chad Lang said he pursued Forsberg hard & thought he had a deal worked out where PG backed out of it in the last second, chances are the offer that the Pats had on the table will be the most PG will get as losing 1/2 a yr on him will bring down his value abit more come the offseason.

PG is a lost cause of a franchise, the WHL needs to step in soon (rather sooner then later) this franchise has always been 1 that is looked down on. Out of there 19 seasons there (this year included) only 2 seasons have had any sort of dominance & that was back in 97-98 (43-24-5) & in 99-00 (43-20-4-5) since the 99-00 season they have only had 2 winning seasons 05-06 & 06-07.

I for 1 would love to see Brodsky sell to a group in Chilliwack & get them moved there. That city deserves another franchise after the Bruins were ripped away from them due to being sold to a group who didnt want the team to stay there since Victoria had a brand new building.

It won't matter ,i bet the team relocates to Nanaimo at end of season.There has to be an escape clause from lease and with minimum attendance numbers its easy to do.

Prince George has horrible atendance figures.Does Nanaimo have a WHL building?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    count them up thats 2 players since the xmas break who have asked for a trade now... time for Brodsky to sell that team & get them moved, PG has been a mess for as long as i can remember
    Please do not assume that its the city that causing the team to fail. PG is a great hockey town but the ownership has alienated the team. If a quality ownership group came in and took over the team I can almost guarantee a sell out every night. You ask anyone why they don't come to games and they will all say the same thing, they don't like the ownership group.

The same ownership group in another city will have the same issues no matter what city they are in.