Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Daulton Siwak asks for trade as well

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    Hockey is big in PG. Outdoor rinks are packed. There is a waiting list for teams to join the local adult rec hockey league. PG Spruce Kings games are usually standing room only.

I remember earlier this season I was given 4 tickets for the Cougars. I couldn't go so I tried to GIVE them away and couldn't. Two of my friends actually said they were going to pay to go watch the Spruce Kings play instead of going to the Cougars for free.
    I have family in the area and its the dislike of ownership . Whl wants out of PG and into a 2nd Island market. PG was done when Victoria got a team. They need to drive attendance down to use it as an excuse to move.
    Last edited by mjw22; 01-26-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    I have family in the area and its the dislike of ownership . Whl wants out of PG and into a 2nd Island market. PG was done when Victoria got a team. They need to drive attendance down to use it as an excuse to move.
    Attendance has been crap long before Victoria was in the picture. I think the last season with decent attendance was the 06-07 season when the Cougars had that awesome run against the Silvertips.

Just for giggles the last game I went to last season a buddy and I counted the fans in the stands and not counting the ones that were walking around the concourse, we counted 486 fans in the seats.

Attendance has been crap long before Victoria was in the picture. I think the last season with decent attendance was the 06-07 season when the Cougars had that awesome run against the Silvertips.

Just for giggles the last game I went to last season a buddy and I counted the fans in the stands and not counting the ones that were walking around the concourse, we counted 486 fans in the seats.
    Did the team count them 3 times for their announced attendance so they could break a grand?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyradiant View Post
    Did the team count them 3 times for their announced attendance so they could break a grand?
    I have heard that the team gives out 1000 tickets to local schools for some games and everyone knows you count tickets sold, not tickets used. There are games with an announced attendance of just over 2000 when in reality there is probably no more than 800 people in the stands.

I have heard that the team gives out 1000 tickets to local schools for some games and everyone knows you count tickets sold, not tickets used. There are games with an announced attendance of just over 2000 when in reality there is probably no more than 800 people in the stands.
    Its a wonder more player dont leave. Cant imagine how it must suck to play in front of crowds like that. The Brodskys should all find something else to do.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Its a wonder more player dont leave. Cant imagine how it must suck to play in front of crowds like that.
    I've been to one game this season and that was only because my little one likes to go. The Cougars were getting beat pretty good and had no chance of a comeback. The "fans" were exiting the game with 10 minutes left in the 3rd period. I can't imagine how disheartening that would be as a player. Playing your heart out as a young adult and looking into the stands and seeing the fans walking out with half a period to go.

Here is what the arena looks like right after a game in which the Cougars won 4-0 last night.

http://t.co/JHtwviFe

Default Boo Hoo

Let me get this straight....this is the hockey fan of PG's fault....I am laughing.

In the last 10 years the Cougars are 130 games under .500. That means their annual record is (roughly) a kick-ass 23-39 WOO-HOO. This over a 10 year stretch.

But the place should be packed....yep. Spruce Kings standing room only???They average approx. 1000 fans in a 2000 seat barn.

Earlier this year, took my wife & daughter to a game (and they NEVER want to go with me). Cost was $54 in tickets plus some popcorn & stuff, so around $70 total. Not only did the team lose, but it was a BORING game. No intensity, just a real pile of crap. A loss I can handle but we have seen too much of this. Think I can get anyone to go to a game with me again.

It is a slap in my face as a paying customer to expect me to pay for the same garbage over and over and over again. I'm not one of these fans who needs to question the coach and management all the time but after 10 years somethings gotta give.

This is nobody's issue but the ownership of the team. They have all but destroyed an outstanding hockey market.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones View Post
    Let me get this straight....this is the hockey fan of PG's fault....I am laughing.

In the last 10 years the Cougars are 130 games under .500. That means their annual record is (roughly) a kick-ass 23-39 WOO-HOO. This over a 10 year stretch.

But the place should be packed....yep. Spruce Kings standing room only???They average approx. 1000 fans in a 2000 seat barn.

Earlier this year, took my wife & daughter to a game (and they NEVER want to go with me). Cost was $54 in tickets plus some popcorn & stuff, so around $70 total. Not only did the team lose, but it was a BORING game. No intensity, just a real pile of crap. A loss I can handle but we have seen too much of this. Think I can get anyone to go to a game with me again.

It is a slap in my face as a paying customer to expect me to pay for the same garbage over and over and over again. I'm not one of these fans who needs to question the coach and management all the time but after 10 years somethings gotta give.

This is nobody's issue but the ownership of the team. They have all but destroyed an outstanding hockey market.
    Too bad it seems like the league don't care.

Perhaps the one thing the fans of the game could do is start vociferously letting the league know their displeasure with the lack of a team but not that they want the team gone.

All the fans that show-up to actually fill a seat could have a sign that they want a new organization and then all walk out after the first period. That would be sure to garner a lot of attention especially if they were wearing PG colors while doing it. Not likely gonna happen but that would sure send a message.

Obviously I, and most have no clue what happens at the top but it seems from various rumors over the last few years that most if not all real suitors for the team are ones that are not likely to leave it there.

Hockey is big in PG. Outdoor rinks are packed. There is a waiting list for teams to join the local adult rec hockey league. PG Spruce Kings games are usually standing room only.

I remember earlier this season I was given 4 tickets for the Cougars. I couldn't go so I tried to GIVE them away and couldn't. Two of my friends actually said they were going to pay to go watch the Spruce Kings play instead of going to the Cougars for free.
    There is no arguement that hockey is big in Prince George.The minor hockey system in huge and healthy.Northern BC has recently lost Quennel and Williams Lake junior A franchises.Is the economy to blame? The WHL should help the Prince George ownership find alternative cities to play in if the citizens of Prince George cannot attend Cougar games.Attendance of 1000 people doesnt cut it .It is pretty sad when people dont even want to go to Cougar games for free.That is messed up and PG doesnt deserve a WHL team .