Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Daulton Siwak asks for trade as well

Default You are missing the point

There isn't a lack of hockey fans in Prince George. The economy is doing as well as it has in 20 yrs (BTW...Quesnel & Williams Lake are gone due to old barns with small capacity).

Read my post again....130 games under .500 in the last 10 years and NO change in direction. I am a huge hockey fan, but I work hard for my money and I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect the people I am forking out $$$ to should make some effort to put an entertaining product out. I understand Junior hockey is cyclical but the cycle's been all bad here and no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones View Post
    There isn't a lack of hockey fans in Prince George. The economy is doing as well as it has in 20 yrs (BTW...Quesnel & Williams Lake are gone due to old barns with small capacity).

Read my post again....130 games under .500 in the last 10 years and NO change in direction. I am a huge hockey fan, but I work hard for my money and I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect the people I am forking out $$$ to should make some effort to put an entertaining product out. I understand Junior hockey is cyclical but the cycle's been all bad here and no changes.
    I dont think anyone is blaming the fans. When you have morons running the franchise you lose your fan base. First the casual fan stops coming then the mid term season ticket holders and now the hardcore fans are leaving. Next the team will go which I believe the league has wanted for a few years. The brodskys of this league need to be shown the door.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by smileyjones View Post

Bingo. Its like going to a restaurant you know makes crappy food. Are you going to go keep buying food just so the restaurant stays in business or are you going to go to the restaurant that serves good food?

The WHL Prince George Cougars are a better product and entertainment value than anything the bc junior a league can deliver .If the fans of Prince George dont like the Cougars then why do some of you post on whlfans. Thanks for not going to games - i am in Prince George on business and guys like me can waltz into your city and purchase the best seats in the house - unlike most whl rinks where a ticket is a hard to find commodity.

support your local whl team before they pack up and leave behind just a memory .I love the whl and will make sure that the businesses that i deal with support the Cougars while i am in town .Hopefully i dont have to bring clients in to the building kicking and screaming lol

Quote Originally Posted by west coast View Post
    support your local whl team before they pack up and leave behind just a memory .I love the whl and will make sure that the businesses that i deal with support the Cougars while i am in town .Hopefully i dont have to bring clients in to the building kicking and screaming lol
    As long as the current owners are they you may have to. New ownership would bring back the fans but that wont happen. The league needs a second team on the island and its this one.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    Here is what the arena looks like right after a game in which the Cougars won 4-0 last night.

http://t.co/JHtwviFe
    Bored at 340am while getting my dump truck loaded with snow but my god is that sickening to see a pic like that, I don't see how the team can survive in PG with attendance like that. Does Brodsky make tons of money with another business that he wants to take a financal loss for tax purposes? Just doesn't make much sense why hed want to keep owning the cougars with crowds like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    Here is what the arena looks like right after a game in which the Cougars won 4-0 last night.

http://t.co/JHtwviFe
    Sad I feel bad for those players. RR stepped in when Por was like this why not PG . Brodsky's thats why .They do what they like in this league.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Did the Brodsky family disown you as a foster child along the way by change? It seems as though you have a major axe to grind with both Brodsky owned teams?For the life me, I can't understand why you just don't stick to talking about your own team a bit more, instead of continually trying to goad other teams fans and hope for reaction which is what you seem to feed off of!

Here is a thread link from /06 here

http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=5181

looking hard for that under 3K club to buy his way out, but still hasn't. Musta found a small print clause he forgot sticking in that if he gets under 1K through the gates he doesn't have to buy out but gets bought out?