Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merkley traded to Swift Current

Default Merkley traded to Swift Current

All I can say at first glance is WHAT??? Trade a 17 year old 3rd overall pick for a 19 year old 3rd line plumber and a 3rd round pick in 2014. There has to be more to this story as this trade looks brutal. We may never find out what really went on here.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    All I can say at first glance is WHAT ??. Traded a 17 year old 3rd overall pick for a 19 year old 3rd line plumber and a 3rd round pick in 2014. There has to be more to this story as this trade looks brutal. We may never find out about what really went on here.
    This does not make sence on the Lethbridge side at all i am sorry but Swift look to be winners on this 1 Derko is a huge plug to me from what i have seen

*** Preston. Have to agree. Must be more to the story. I dont think JM requested the move. Interesting to see that Brody Sutter tweeted that the trade was a mistake and Merkley retweeted it....
    Will be interesting to see if this is the first of other moves...

Quote Originally Posted by O&C View Post
    *** Preston. Have to agree. Must be more to the story. I dont think JM requested the move. Interesting to see that Brody Sutter tweeted that the trade was a mistake and Merkley retweeted it....
    Will be interesting to see if this is the first of other moves...
    WOW is he taking lessons from Lorne in Toon town.
    GO WARRIORS GO

I guess taking the other side.... perhaps this trade could mean an increased role for players like Duke, Laurencel and Wong. Also with G. Estephan and C. Olynek coming next year. Truthfully Merkley did show growth this year but his play had tailed off since november. I just feel like RP could have gotten more for the asset. If nothing else this trade shows that they (Hurricanes) made the wrong selection when they picked Merkley 3rd overall. Klimchuck was available...

Derko is a hard working player. Lamb said neither player requested a trade. It was just a regular hockey trade. Merkley had to wave his contract to come here and he did so willingly. It sounded to me like Lethbridge coaching staff felt he needed a fresh start.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

All I can say at first glance is WHAT??? Trade a 17 year old 3rd overall pick for a 19 year old 3rd line plumber and a 3rd round pick in 2014. There has to be more to this story as this trade looks brutal. We may never find out what really went on here.
    More to this story or not, how does he not get more of a return?

We may never find out? That's the organizations mandate. Fans are filled in on a need to know basis. What a ****ing joke. The Fans put up with a disasterous season in order to get the third overall pick and before the benifits are realized that player is shipped out for dog****. What a kick in the face for the Canes fans. Like it wasn't bad enough that the wrong player was taken with that pick it gets compounded with a ridiculous trade that will never be explained legitemately to the fans. Makes me absolutely depressed to read the press release.
    It just never changes. Year after Year. **** its so ridiculous it has to be April 1.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

What do you guys say we are getting in Merkly? The way I'm understanding all this is that he has stopped producing for you guys and your coach felt a trade would give him a fresh start. Is he going to be that good that the depression bug has hit some of your fans?

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

B R U T A L
    is all I can say... Got a 3rd line jobber and a 3rd round pick.. Because we need more draft picks to screw up the development off, guess they figure if you throw enough S*** against the wall something with stick.... Give me a break.. RP pooched this one..