Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Standing Predictions

I expect the 4-9th slots to get very tight.

Swift Current has a really tough february schedule, but a pretty good record after christmas.

Saskatoon has 15 games in 28 days. But don't play any out of conference games so they control their own fate. Will injuries or fatigue play a factor?

Lethbridge schedule is road heavy.

Tigers have a lot of home games, and the road games are against opponents in the bottom of the standings. They have wins over edmonton, calgary,spokane,tri-city, in the last 2 weeks, and are a different hockey team.

Kootenay just went on a big streak with most of their games on the road. Alot of close 1 goal games.

Red Deer's record after christmas isn't that great. They are having troubles scoring but their goaltender is the best in the conference IMO, and its hard to score against him. They might slip back into the pack with the other teams surging.

I would not be suprised to see multiple teams tied in points and a lot of number crunching.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    If I was making the call RP would have been canned two years ago when he embarrassed the city, IMO, by his antics in Kelowna. He didnt get it then that this is a community owned team and his behaviour represents the entire city. I was appauled at the time while many were amused.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFaZltFRrM This is what you get as the first result when searching - Youtube Rich Preston
    As a coach how can you preach and expect discipline from your roster when this is how your leader deals with adversity.
    thats the most emotion u will get out of Preston, i never seen that until today he should of talked to Al Tuer 1st to get some tips on how its done right.

All of a sudden the Hurricanes are in a position that if the Teams around them win their games in hand it would put them in 9th.. I really feel they will have to get to 80 points to get a playoff spot. That means they have to get 21 Points in their last 14 games.. Kootenay/Medicine Hat are both playing decent hockey, Swift is the only team thats hit a bump lately, but with 4 games in hand and only needing 4 pts to get to the Hurricanes current total that is not out of the question..

Default welcome to 8th spot...........

there better be some serious changes in the next 2/3 weeks if the canes plan on making the playoffs, 3-4-1-2 aint gonna cut it...with the hat and swift playing well above us and kootenay doing well below i can see year 4 of missing them again......
    GO CANES GO.................

Kootenay plays a double header in Brandon, then swings back west to play S.C. They then get Calgary/Leth/M.H/R.D/M.H/R.D/T.C/Spokane/Leth/Leth/Calgary/Calgary.. I would say they get 8 Wins in the 15 games (fortunately for us they have 5 home and 10 away games left). That puts them to 72Pts approx.

Lethbridge has PG/RD/Koot/Vic/Van/Kelowna/RD/RD/Cal/Koot/Koot/MH/MH. I would say we get 6 wins out of 13 games. That puts us at 71Pts approx..

None of these account for any 1 pt games.

I really think its going to come down the Home/Home against Kootenay (basically 8pt for 2 games) and the Home/Home against the Hat. If we end up with both wins against Kootenay and 1 against Medicine Hat I would say we get the 8th Spot, and if we are somehow able to steal a couple against Red Deer, then maybe we squeak up a bit. Also I think we all need to be Calgary Hitmen fans, as if we beat Kootenay in both our games, I would still think that Calgary would need to do us some favors in that final home/home too. But the way the boys are playing, I think its 9th for us, I notice how nobody in the Hurricanes Organization has talked about "Playoff Ticket Packages"

Only time will tell, I know for one I have chosen to take a Family Day Weekend getaway from Lethbridge and gave my tickets away for the PG Game.. LOL

Default sure is quit around here....................

how many years is this team going to be in the toilet..i guess this is what lethbridge hockey will always be about, controled by clueless people that know nothing about the game and hiring people that will never get it done.......
    GO CANES GO.................

I don't want to be the dick that said told you so but that has to be the nail in Prestons coffen doesn't it?

They can't keep him on after 4 years out with nothing looking good for the future.

Who do the Canes new hockey operations staff choose with their lottery pick?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Canes new hockey operations staff. Ill believe it when it happens...
    Here are some of the questions I have to ask when it comes to any change.
    1. RP just got a 2 year extension past this year, can the Hurricanes who certainly must almost be bankrupt afford to pay RP and someone else? (we know sure as hell that no one else is going to hire RP and relieve us of the contractual obligations if we did can his a**)
    2. Even if we can afford Question #1, Who in their right state of mind and not certifiably insane would want to come within 1000 miles of this Club and their well publicized politics, or do we just end up with another unproven, under qualified candidate who is going to try and "cut his teeth" on our poor cities franchise, and PRESTO we end up with another 4 years of this garbage IF we don't end up losing the franchise.
    3. Who would want to try and support this franchise anymore, as a Season Ticket Holder for several years, and a fan for many more then that, how much more can we abuse the people that are paying for this garbage.... There was NO ONE at the season ticket renewal counter last night, NOT A SOUL.. I think that about sums it up..

Here's another question. Do the Canes fall below MJ or Regina before the year finishes?
    I wasn't at the renewal table and if Preston is still here come September then I never will. I can't continue to pay for something that I leave after two periods because it's too frustrating to stay. Being a fan has become tortureous.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!