Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Standing Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by caniac # 2 View Post
    Pat was probably told to turn off his comments section on his blog by board members , just a thought ??
    I don't think Pat would turn his blog comments off because of what the team or anyone else told him to do. He has too much integrity to let that occur. I happen to have a little bit of inside info and Pat’s blog was getting flooded with a huge amount of posts with highly inappropriate content etc.

I don't know if he will turn the comment section back on this year or not. To me, it makes no difference if you can comment on his blog or not. All that matters to me is we should be really happy that he is the quality broadcaster that he is. Pat is one of the best in the entire WHL. And no, I am not his mother...hehe.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default if he was getting flooded

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I don't think Pat would turn his blog comments off because of what the team or anyone else told him to do. He has too much integrity to let that occur. I happen to have a little bit of inside info and Pat’s blog was getting flooded with a huge amount of posts with highly inappropriate content etc.

I don't know if he will turn the comment section back on this year or not. To me, it makes no difference if you can comment on his blog or not. All that matters to me is we should be really happy that he is the quality broadcaster that he is. Pat is one of the best in the entire WHL. And no, I am not his mother...hehe.
    then all he would have to do is NOT post the inappropriate comments. That is why he has it set so that he reviews all comments prior to them being posted.

So I think some fuddy duddy stuff. Drinnan has the same blog site and he has it set to review comments before they go public

Default some got it right

Pat turned off his comments due to a combo of things. He is very busy as news director, play by play, wife, family, and many other things with respect to his family and work. His blog is pretty much an extra at this time and due to the large number of comments, didn't have several hours a day to weed through them for publication. By the way, wading through them is just what someone who is responsible should do. Check any newspaper these days and on any given article, after about the 3rd comment, the conversation turns to trash.