Thread: Playoff push

Default Playoff push

Great win last night for the Rebels! This is going to be an exciting push from here to the playoffs and it looks like for now the Rebels are going to have to do it without Dumba! From all reports it looks like he may make the opening day roster for the wild. Congrats!

Can you send us back Dieno. Wish clouston never released him.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

No way! How did he ever get released? He has been great and a hattie last night!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    No way! How did he ever get released? He has been great and a hattie last night!
    Spent most of last year on the 4th line and didn't get much ice-time. late in the season due to injuries he got promoted and started tearing things up, but then suffered a season ending shoulder injury himself.

Tigers had a lot of young speedy guys fighting for spots this year, and decided to go younger.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Great win last night for the Rebels! This is going to be an exciting push from here to the playoffs and it looks like for now the Rebels are going to have to do it without Dumba! From all reports it looks like he may make the opening day roster for the wild. Congrats!
    I see it as a win/win situation, as Dumba didn't really put much focus into his games in the WHL this season, and I for one found it refreshing to see all the defensemen putting in some effort last night--instead of just putting in time till the Lockout was over... Easily Doetzel's best game as a Rebel thus far, and Gaudet continued his strong play, in the face of adversity. Good to see Underwood step up and do the Ref's jobs for them on the blown butt-ending call too. Hope that kid managed to find all of his teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    I see it as a win/win situation, as Dumba didn't really put much focus into his games in the WHL this season, and I for one found it refreshing to see all the defensemen putting in some effort last night--instead of just putting in time till the Lockout was over... Easily Doetzel's best game as a Rebel thus far, and Gaudet continued his strong play, in the face of adversity. Good to see Underwood step up and do the Ref's jobs for them on the blown butt-ending call too. Hope that kid managed to find all of his teeth.
    With the way your team is playing under Sutter and that goalie man I hope you get the blades in round one.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Default vs. PG

It isn't often I am negative about the Rebels because I love the entertainment and always try to keep in mind how young these players are. BUT I do have to say the game against PG left me frustrated and disappointed.
    Although our breakout is very predictable, it should create enough options to allow it to be effective IF forwards are skating and passes are hard and tape to tape. For the majority of the game, breakout passes were behind the forwards or in the air, forwards couldn't accept a pass if it did get to them. Turnover after turnover in the dzone and in the center ice zone kept us on d most of the night.
    After the goal on the first PP, we only had one effective shift on the PP in five more "advantages". This included giving two breakaways against during the PP.
    I did see some more aggressive play in the third but it achieved little.
    Hope the team can get back to its intensive game again tonight and can play with the confidence we see at times.
    Three side notes,
    1) I did appreciate the music being toned down a bit. Sitting beneath the speakers, just about drove us nuts on Thursday.
    2) I thought the fireworks were not quite as good last night. I guess I enjoy the "sparkle" more than the "flame".
    3) Great to see 6600 + fans in attendance.
    Last edited by tiny; 01-20-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Patrik Bartosak is unreal. Their's no way he doesn't get drafted his 2nd time through.
    Edit: I guess technically it would be his 3rd time through.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Two games in and no starts, it looks like Dumba will likely get sent back soon, no sense in wasting a contract year when you don't need to.