Tri-City Americans Governor/General Manager Bob Tory announced that 17-year-old starting goaltender, Eric Comrie, will miss the remainder of the 2012-13 season.

After consulting with doctors and family members, Comrie will undergo minor hip surgery on February 5th in Vail, Colorado and will then return to California for his rehabilitation. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to the ice in 3 to 4 months.

“This is very unfortunate for Eric and our team,” said Tory. “However, this is the best option to ensure that Eric has no further complications and that he can return to play 100% healthy. Ultimately, it’s the best decision for both Eric’s health and for our hockey club now and for the future.”

“I’m really disappointed to be missing the rest of the season, but I know this is what’s best for me long term,” explained Comrie. “It’s a minor procedure and I expect to be back on the ice as quickly as possible. But, more than anything, I’m sad to be leaving my teammates, who’ve become like family.”

http://www.whl.ca/article/americans-...2012-13-season