Thread: A WHL All Star game

Question A WHL All Star game

there was a post by PD114 about skills competition and alumni game. What would the interest level be in an All Star week end. A WHL version of the NHL week end. A skills competition maybe an all rookie game on Sat and the All star game Sun afternoon. Since the small market teams have no shot at hosting big events MC & WJC . This could be held in those small market maybe boosting fan interest etc. It could be carried on Shaw/ Internet like games are now. Not as an event to put money in the leagues pockets but for the fans and players.The seasons kind of a grind winning or losing this might change it up. Fans could vote 1 player from their team so all teams are represented.
    GO WARRIORS GO

They used to have an All-Star game over 10 years ago, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love to see it come back. I'm sick of the Super Series, personally. In '98, it was held in Regina, and it was definitely fun! Skills Comp one night and the game the next. It's also something Sportsnet would probably cover as they have covered the OHL and maybe QMJHL All-Star games.

Iconwhl

As much as its an interesting topic, I personally hate All-Star games only thing I enjoy about the all-star weekend is the skills competion, I know there are people out there who enjoy watching that side of hockey with the game.

The Pats vs Warrior alumni games got pretty intense, altho there was no actual hits there were definately a lot of good battles for the puck something u don't get in an actual all-star game.

I personally would rather see rival teams like reg/mj sas/pa leth/mh from examples to have a skills competion against each other & then an alumni gaame between the 2 franchises with all moneies going into charity or the education fund. Split the funds 50-50 for each team & they can choose what charity they waant to put it into. One night early in the week & u get the event out of the way & fans would enjoy it on both sides as long as the travel between the 2 teams rnt too far.