Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013-14 Opening Night Roster Predictions

Why would they tie up 2 spots with one player that is afraid of getting anything but an errant elbow or stick dirty? He's too 1 dimensional to be a 20 and an import.

With their high standings can't they find a de net import that is not also a 20?

They are still going to be maturing as a team and don't need any watchers on the ice when they don't have possession.

If we had an 05 or 06 team maybe they could afford a defensive slug.

Bonner was not pulling my leg. Too bad he got injured because they were going to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan View Post
    Bonner was not pulling my leg. Too bad he got injured because they were going to move him.

Yeah I remember Bonner saying he would have been dealt and they hoped for a high pick in return.

I would like the Giants to come to a deal with whoever has the second pick maybe moving the Edmonton first rounder and one of the seconds with a player for that pick. Or if Seattle cannot come to terms with Barzal deal those picks and a player for him. Would be nice to have a shot at the top two picks in the bantam draft.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by N.W. Bruin View Post
    Yeah I remember Bonner saying he would have been dealt and they hoped for a high pick in return.

I would like the Giants to come to a deal with whoever has the second pick maybe moving the Edmonton first rounder and one of the seconds with a player for that pick. Or if Seattle cannot come to terms with Barzal deal those picks and a player for him. Would be nice to have a shot at the top two picks in the bantam draft.
    I was hoping for the same thing as well. Benson would be a no-brainer selection with one of them, but we'd then be faced with the decision whether to go with Kale Clague or Sam Steel with the other. Our D actually isn't that bad so I'd be tempted to go with another highly skilled offensive player and take Steel. Imagine the firepower we'd finally have with Benson, Steel, Houck, Stukel, and the top import pick in our lineup (Maxim Lazarev?)

Quote Originally Posted by N.W. Bruin View Post
    Bonner would have received a 1st round pick at bare minimum for Tvrdon. Could you imagine having three first round picks? In fact I was told Kelowna had a pretty good offer on the table for him prior to the infection/blood clot. I was told it was a first round pick plus a player. Oh well, nothing can be done about it now. It's just really unfortunate for both Tvrdon and the Giants.

I've also pondered about the possibility of acquiring Barzal. I can't imagine Seattle will move him without getting a decent return but then again if he refuses to sign what good is he to them? I would be more than willing to move a 1st and 2nd round pick to get him.

Default It should be Clague with the second pick

Quote Originally Posted by Andrej_The_Giant View Post
    I was hoping for the same thing as well. Benson would be a no-brainer selection with one of them, but we'd then be faced with the decision whether to go with Kale Clague or Sam Steel with the other. Our D actually isn't that bad so I'd be tempted to go with another highly skilled offensive player and take Steel. Imagine the firepower we'd finally have with Benson, Steel, Houck, Stukel, and the top import pick in our lineup (Maxim Lazarev?)
    If we lose the lottery I hope they take him. Steel is talented but also small. Clague likely could play next season in the WHL but likely will not try exceptional player. Besides Giants defence in a couple seasons will need replacements as Kulak likely gone as don't except him as a overage plus will have a few nineteen year olds back there.

Very interesting thread. I wish I had more time to respond. With a high pick the Giants really need to pick a player who has both size and skill. No matter how talented some of these smaller players can be, the G's have needed an offensive warhorse for a while now.

Steel sounds like someone on the small side and if I had my choice I would go with size and skill as it is rare that you have the option and it is often only the top five picks that get that chance in my observation.

When we are following other teams in the playoffs I'll have plenty of time to mull over the next season.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/