Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades - Stretch Drive

Iconcup Saskatoon Blades - Stretch Drive

I thought it was time to start a new thread since the other one was becoming a bit chaotic.

To start with, the Saskatoon Blades are hosting the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Saturday night for the 25th Anniversary of CUC. Currently there are just 35 tickets remaining in the lower bowl with the first 10 or so rows all mostly gone in the upper bowl. The game will feature 2.50 hot dogs and drinks, a 50-50 starting at 25,000 and a intermission shoot-out. It should be a great game to attend.

I can remember being at that very first Saskatoon Blades game at CUC back in 1988 against the Brandon Wheat Kings, sitting in section E, Row 7 in what was a great comeback by the team that night. I believe they were down 3-0 and game all the way back to win 4-3.

I would like to ask you all how long you have followed the team and what is your favorite memory since you have been following the team????

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    I thought it was time to start a new thread since the other one was becoming a bit chaotic.

To start with, the Saskatoon Blades are hosting the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Saturday night for the 25th Anniversary of CUC. Currently there are just 35 tickets remaining in the lower bowl with the first 10 or so rows all mostly gone in the upper bowl. The game will feature 2.50 hot dogs and drinks, a 50-50 starting at 25,000 and a intermission shoot-out. It should be a great game to attend.

I can remember being at that very first Saskatoon Blades game at CUC back in 1988 against the Brandon Wheat Kings, sitting in section E, Row 7 in what was a great comeback by the team that night. I believe they were down 3-0 and game all the way back to win 4-3.

I would like to ask you all how long you have followed the team and what is your favorite memory since you have been following the team????
    This is a good idea as for my first game ever i believe it was in the 93-94 season against the Raiders in the playoffs been a fan ever since

Now my favorite memory would be playing the Pats in 99-00 playoffs it went to game 7 packed house games was 1-1 with a couple mins to go in the second period then mahovsky for the Pats took a 5 mins major Blades opened up the third with 2 quick goals and ended up winning 5-1 and the series games was also exciting as Hordichuk was driving Thomas and Jackamn nuts all game long

Well since I wasn't born till november 1988, and since I have only been with the blades for 4 and 1/2 years, my favorite was 2010-2011 season when we went 56-13-3, and won the division, conference and best regular season record, hopefully if they can we the memorial cup, that would be a great memory......

I have quite a few favorite memories so it is hard to really pin-point one. I started following and going to games back in 1984-1985 season at the old barn (I won't say how old I was as to date myself ). But I can just remember the smell, atmosphere and intimidating building the Blades had back then and some of the tough players that rolled through.

Some memories though would be advancing to the league finals in 92 and 94.

That first game in the new Saskatchewan Place as it was called back then and being in awe of the newness and the big city feel of the place. Nice comeback win vs. Brandon that night, still remember it.

Or the Memorial Cup tournament in 1989 and beating the almost untouchable Broncos in round-robin play and taking them to OT in the final, to lose in OT.

I remember Frank Banham and his 83 goals, playing on a line with Mark Deyall.

How about the 56 win season!

There is so many more, it will be interesting to keep reading everyones!

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    I have quite a few favorite memories so it is hard to really pin-point one. I started following and going to games back in 1984-1985 season at the old barn (I won't say how old I was as to date myself ). But I can just remember the smell, atmosphere and intimidating building the Blades had back then and some of the tough players that rolled through.

Some memories though would be advancing to the league finals in 92 and 94.

That first game in the new Saskatchewan Place as it was called back then and being in awe of the newness and the big city feel of the place. Nice comeback win vs. Brandon that night, still remember it.

Or the Memorial Cup tournament in 1989 and beating the almost untouchable Broncos in round-robin play and taking them to OT in the final, to lose in OT.

I remember Frank Banham and his 83 goals, playing on a line with Mark Deyall.

How about the 56 win season!

There is so many more, it will be interesting to keep reading everyones!
    Yeah that 95-95 season where the Blades had Banham Deyell and Wilm on a line along with Butzkowski Man i remember Banham and his 83 goals just coming over the line with a huge slapper all the time and scoring good times to bad we had a ****ty coach with Don Clark at the time

I just want to say this is a good thred, and it got things back on track.
    Last edited by lordstanley; 02-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Well I moved to Saskatoon in 2001 and I remember i got into the blades in 2003 playoffs 2nd against Brandon that went 7 games. That was when Brandon had Tootoo and the blades had warren peters, mike green was a 16 yr old. And I remember tanner Schultz who would fight anyone. He grew up by me in PA. Always played shinny with him and I couldn't stand him growing up.

But my first memory of Saskplace was driving up from PA to the Minnesota north stars VS Vancouver Canucks in the early 90's. Came to see Modano and Bure. And Bure got a 5 and a game for slashing in the 1st period. Everyone Boo'ed the ref bigtime.

I have been a season ticket holder since the first lockout and my favorite Blades game since then was in 2005-06 Blades VS PA, line brawl when Brad Cole was feeding halwarth then Archibald jumped in and Cole beat him up too.
    I will always remember that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCB2V...e_gdata_player

Well I moved to Saskatoon in 2001 and I remember i got into the blades in 2003 playoffs 2nd against Brandon that went 7 games. That was when Brandon had Tootoo and the blades had warren peters, mike green was a 16 yr old. And I remember tanner Schultz who would fight anyone. He grew up by me in PA. Always played shinny with him and I couldn't stand him growing up.

But my first memory of Saskplace was driving up from PA to the Minnesota north stars VS Vancouver Canucks in the early 90's. Came to see Modano and Bure. And Bure got a 5 and a game for slashing in the 1st period. Everyone Boo'ed the ref bigtime.

I have been a season ticket holder since the first lockout and my favorite Blades game since then was in 2005-06 Blades VS PA, line brawl when Brad Cole was feeding halwarth then Archibald jumped in and Cole beat him up too.
    I will always remember that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCB2V...e_gdata_player

A couple more memories i have was in 2006-07 when Ryan Menei came back as a 20 yr old and went from a 4th liner with 14 points the previous year to leading the team with 35 goals and 77 points.

And also a great game to remember was when Holtby started that one game as a 16 yr old and played phenomenal. He had like 50 saves in a loosing effort.

PS I love this thread

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    A couple more memories i have was in 2006-07 when Ryan Menei came back as a 20 yr old and went from a 4th liner with 14 points the previous year to leading the team with 35 goals and 77 points.

And also a great game to remember was when Holtby started that one game as a 16 yr old and played phenomenal. He had like 50 saves in a loosing effort.

PS I love this thread
    I remember that Holtby game too so good keep them coming boys good thread here