Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades - Stretch Drive

Well over 9000 tickets sold, don't think we will break the record, but we will see..........

Also here is something nice:

On The Edge and the Blades are excited to announce that episode 4 of series will air Sunday, February 17 at 5pm ET on Sportsnet One and at 9pm local in each region.

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Also here is something nice:

On The Edge and the Blades are excited to announce that episode 4 of series will air Sunday, February 17 at 5pm ET on Sportsnet One and at 9pm local in each region.
    Thanks for that i am pumped

It will be a great game, atmosphere and an overall experience. As a father, I'm so excited to bring my children tomorrow night for the 2nd generation of Blades hockey. It truely will be a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    It will be a great game, atmosphere and an overall experience. As a father, I'm so excited to bring my children tomorrow night for the 2nd generation of Blades hockey. It truely will be a great experience.
    Where will you be sitting, if you are there, i'm in section L right at the glass.......

7 game win streak man life is good beat swifty 4-1 tonight

Can we make it 8 tomorrow, only concern is, we don't play we'll in front of big crowds......, watch us get byblow and vetter as refs.......

I was thinking about this 7 game winning streak today that started after a 4-2 loss to Edmonton a couple weeks back. A game where I thought the blades were the better team for 2 periods. Something about that game that is stuck in my mind was after the game driving home listening to the post game show on the Bull, Cody Nickolet was interviewing Laxdal and posed the question if he was happy they pulled out the win with the Blades pushing so strong for two periods. And Laxdal responded in a smart a## way and said to the effect that he didnt think the blades pushed back so much as it was his team that were still controlling the game. He then went on to say that the Blades like to play an old school in your face brand of hockey and it clearly isn't working for them.
    I remember it kind of stumped Cody as he didn't know how to respond.

I thought it was a low blow and I was surprised a comment like that would come from a coach. It was clearly a shot at the organization and it had a tone like he felt the blades weren't a very good team. I am not sure if this is a
    coincidence but if I were Lorne I would of played that clip in the room and use it as motivation.

Might be a coincidence but the blades have been on a tear ever since that game.

Any thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    I was thinking about this 7 game winning streak today that started after a 4-2 loss to Edmonton a couple weeks back. A game where I thought the blades were the better team for 2 periods. Something about that game that is stuck in my mind was after the game driving home listening to the post game show on the Bull, Cody Nickolet was interviewing Laxdal and posed the question if he was happy they pulled out the win with the Blades pushing so strong for two periods. And Laxdal responded in a smart a## way and said to the effect that he didnt think the blades pushed back so much as it was his team that were still controlling the game. He then went on to say that the Blades like to play an old school in your face brand of hockey and it clearly isn't working for them.
    I remember it kind of stumped Cody as he didn't know how to respond.

I thought it was a low blow and I was surprised a comment like that would come from a coach. It was clearly a shot at the organization and it had a tone like he felt the blades weren't a very good team. I am not sure if this is a
    coincidence but if I were Lorne I would of played that clip in the room and use it as motivation.

Might be a coincidence but the blades have been on a tear ever since that game.

Any thoughts
    You should scroll back to that game i posted on here after that game saying how cocky smug and arrogant Laxdal was for saying that i think the boys have finally just really jelled in every part of the game took a little while but that is to be expected i suppose

I must say I have been impressed with Pufhal's play this year. He has stepped up big time. Who would of thought at the beginning of the season he would have more points than Thrower and Sutter.