Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades - Stretch Drive

Something else I would like to point out. Everyone says how lop sided the Brayden schenn trade was. He had 57 points in 29 games to finish the year. Yes they were swept in the 2nd round to the eventual WHL champs. But let's look at what they gave up.

2011 1st rnd (22nd overall)
    2011 2nd rnd (44th overal)
    2012 1st rnd (13th overall)
    2012 1st rnd import - (38th overall) - wouldn't of used it anyway.
    Tim McCauley - having a pretty good year.
    Artyn Nikkel - seems to have been overrated.

None of those picks are high enough to be locks. And of the two prospects they traded the higher rated prospect hasn't
    done much and has already been traded. To me it was worth the shot at bringing schenn in and trying to win a cup.

I personally don't think Lorne overpaid as much as other say he did.
    Last edited by twentyone; 02-09-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    Something else I would like to point out. Everyone says how lop sided the Brayden schenn trade was. He had 57 points in 29 games to finish the year. Yes they were swept in the 2nd round to the eventual WHL champs. But let's look at what they gave up.

2011 1st rnd (22nd overall) Jordan Papirny, top 3 goalie in AAA Ab
    2011 2nd rnd (44th overal)
    Hawryluk, top 16 year old goal scorer in dub
    2012 1st rnd (13th overall)
    Schmyr, On All star team at western U16's
    2012 1st rnd import - (38th overall) - wouldn't of used it anyway. Nezjleb
    Tim McCauley - having a pretty good year. 2nd line center already
    Artyn Nikkel - seems to have been overrated. Traded for Walters, 4th round pick by St. Louis, and Sanhein, 8th scoerer in the Mb AAA league
    None of those picks are high enough to be locks. And of the two prospects they traded the higher rated prospect hasn't
    done much and has already been traded. To me it was worth the shot at bringing schenn in and trying to win a cup.

I personally don't think Lorne overpaid as much as other say he did.
    I would agree Lorne should have taken a shot, but to say he didn't overpay beggers belief. Look at what Brandon got in return. Already 2 guys are our top 2 centers, Papirny and Schmyr will both make the team next season, Nezjleb is a serviceable Euro, and we ended up with a #3 defenceman in Walters, Sanheim, the jury is out. It's nice to be a fan and support your team and all, but remember, that traded netted you 2 more playoff wins than Brandon! And if you think Hawryluk isn't a lock to be a WHL star, well, we should probably fund together on the board and buy you some glasses!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I would agree Lorne should have taken a shot, but to say he didn't overpay beggers belief. Look at what Brandon got in return. Already 2 guys are our top 2 centers, Papirny and Schmyr will both make the team next season, Nezjleb is a serviceable Euro, and we ended up with a #3 defenceman in Walters, Sanheim, the jury is out. It's nice to be a fan and support your team and all, but remember, that traded netted you 2 more playoff wins than Brandon! And if you think Hawryluk isn't a lock to be a WHL star, well, we should probably fund together on the board and buy you some glasses!

Actually Shmyr wasn't the pick the Wheat Kings got from the Blades. The Wheat Kings traded the 1st round pick from the Blades to Victoria in the Sundher deal but I do agree with the rest of ur post.
    Last edited by Trav; 02-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Actually Shmyr wasn't the pick the Wheat Kings got from the Blades. The Wheat Kings traded the 1st round pick from the Blades to Victoria in the Sundher deal but I do agree with the rest of ur post.
    You're right! That Sundher deal was the definition of a bad deal.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

9,500 tix already sold for tonights Blades game looking to break the record of 12,000 i hope all Blade posters are going come on no excuses lol

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    9,500 tix already sold for tonights Blades game looking to break the record of 12,000 i hope all Blade posters are going come on no excuses lol
    Yep, that's right, I went there, because my co-worker wanted tickets, but they only have upper level rows 10 or higher left all the way around......., i will be in my usual section........., if anyone is going who posts, where will you be sitting?

Talking

Nice Win boys, in front of a big crowd no less, way to go saskatoon for coming out and showing your support....., keep it up. 2 points now behind P.A., wouldn't that be a shocking story, blades overtake raiders for second, even though 11 points back.......
    Last edited by JMoney1988; 02-09-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Wording

What a heck of a game broke the all times Blades attendence record 12,5088 electric there great game great deal crazy high 50-50 i am on such a rush and to boot a 8 game winning streak :g roovy:

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    What a heck of a game broke the all times Blades attendence record 12,5088 electric there great game great deal crazy high 50-50 i am on such a rush and to boot a 8 game winning streak :g roovy:
    I didn't know Saskatoon had 125,088 residents, let alone Blades fans

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I didn't know Saskatoon had 125,088 residents, let alone Blades fans
    lol we have like 250,000 people here and 12,598 showed up

This is the superfan they hired out for the game too he was crazy good and funny his name is cameron hughes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7n1_3An3LI

I forgot to mention in my post Ferland is on a 8 game points streak 18 points in 8 games looks like he is in good game shape now his speed has caught up and i am starting to think he made stone look better than he was lol
    Last edited by lordstanley; 02-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.