Thread: How do you rate 16 year old forwards?

Default How do you rate 16 year old forwards?

There's 4 great rookies in the Eastern conference, Hawryluk, Point, Revel and gardiner. How do you rate them. I find it hard, because Point and Hawryluk are playing for crappy teams but starting to get #1 line and PP ice time, whereas the other 2 are playing on deep teams, have a lot less points but a lot less "good" ice time. Be interesting to see how they all compare next season!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default I would

put Ryan Pilon on your list, and near the top of it.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    put Ryan Pilon on your list, and near the top of it.
    For d-men I would, he's had a great season. I was just thinking of 16 year old forwards in the Eastern division on different types of teams with different amounts of ice time, maybe I could also add Quennville into the mix?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    For d-men I would, he's had a great season. I was just thinking of 16 year old forwards in the Eastern division on different types of teams with different amounts of ice time, maybe I could also add Quennville into the mix?
    Jake Virtanen should be up there too he got off to a slow start but now has 12 goals

Quote Originally Posted by lordstanley View Post
    Jake Virtanen should be up there too he got off to a slow start but now has 12 goals
    That's a guy who's had a tonne of hype, has all the tools but yet to put it together in the dub, maybe it's because he's buried on a deep line up like Revel and Gardiner? He was good at the U17's. As I said, it's really hard to put an unbiased rating on Hawryluk, Point, Gardiner, Revel, Virtanen and Quennville isn't it? I'm really looking forward to next season when they should all have the chance to shine. I'm sure there's great forward prospects out West as well, but I'm just concentrating on the ones I see the most of.
    Virtanen-has the pedigree but not shown it yet, on a deep team
    Gardiner-High pick, not shown a lot yet on a deep team
    Revel-Same as Gardiner
    Point-Top ice time on a terrible team, looks like a future all star in a RNH's way
    Hawryluk-Top ice time on a ****ty team, but relies more on speed and physicality than Point, potential to be an all star
    Quennville-More a Messier type player, huge for his age, a little slower, might be the sleepr on this list.

Verdicy-Too close to call, every team must be happy!!!!

Iconwhl

Out of the names listed above i think Hawryluk is the best of them he has shown me the most in games here in regina out of all the 1s listed above. Virtanen looked good last time the Hitmen were here as well, Point hasnt shown me much this season when in the Regina games, altho he did show alot last yr in the playoffs when playing on a skilled team what he is capable of.

Revel & Gardiner are just buried on a deep team & dont get alot of key minutes to play in an offensive role.

By no means am i putting this kid into the list above but he has really started to play alot better now for the Pats is Brooks. Hopefully he keeps progressing along & can build off a solid finish for the start of next season. Hes got great wheels just very small like Point.