Thread: absent posters

Question absent posters

Since the site went off the net it seems not a lot have returned. The west and US were always kind slow. Looks like only the Blade faithful returned . The Reg SC RD MH guys were always good for some interesting debates/arguments and even hockey talk lol Now the blade fans will be all over this blaming me lol Cmon
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
    Since the site went off the net it seems not a lot have returned. The west and US were always kind slow. Looks like only the Blade faithful returned.
    It really seems to be the way that most WHL posters work, they post a great deal more when their teams are one of the top teams and/or are the Memorial Cup hosts, and don't really have a lot to say during the leaner times. I know that Calgary has their own dedicated message board, and Edmonton may as well, as there has never been more than a couple of Oil King's posters on here.

Also I think that the 'Blog with comments' model has really grabbed a big part of the audience (especially the younger fans), and there are some of those that individuals put HUGE amounts of time and effort into maintaining them that get very few discussions going on in the comment section.

Now the blade fans will be all over this blaming me lol Cmon
    It would be difficult to blame them if they did, as this is the first 'constructive' post that you have made in well over a year. I can't speak for everyone, but you and lordstanley/western elite have, on a number of occasions, made me lose interest and just stop following certain message threads on this board.

A lot of the Brandon guys stayed on the other board while this one was down.

Iconwhl

The pats board has been very quiet ever since a couple games after our 5 game winning streak. Winning 3 games in our last like 20games will definately kill a lot of interest among the fans.

I do believe with the comment above about the bloggers like rod pederson ect take posters aaway from here. I know myself I prefer reading phil the thrill blog with pats stufff over roddys but no 1 leaves messages on phil's blog. I have a couple times but I have only seen 1 other leave a msg during the season.

There are many posters from losing teams who move on over to the Blades board and voice some opinions on the Blades. I know MJW22 likes to mock the Blades history and point out how bad they are after winning 15 games in a row even. On the other hand, you get classy posters such as; Sbtatter and JoeHallenback from the Brandon Wheat Kings who make their fan base look good.

Interesting what different posters do on here and what agenda's they truly do have!

Iconwhl

U obviously weren't around on these boards when the WKs hosted the memorial cup a few yrs ago then were u? A lot of there fans were acting the same way the blades fans r acting now, minus the 2 u mentioned.

There's only a couple classy Blades fans on here & western believe me ur not part of the group. Its great the Blades have broke a 20+yr record with 15 wins in a row, it was definately needed to bring them back to being respected during this season in which is so important to them. As much as I hate Ferland, he is the true leader on the teaam that is responsible for this teams turn around. He makes players accountable, he has brought the WKs winning ways over to the Blades this season since trade deadline.