Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Lorne is stepping down as coach after this season and is going to be gm only. If Lorne would have been gm for the pats we would have won the cup, no starting goalie was our problem. The blades problem is they aren't built for playoff hockey. Calgary, Edmonton, hat, even red deer will grind you out, know how to play defence, the blades d has been the weak spot all year.
    I agree with the weak defense. Just don't have enough from #4 down. Lorne may step away from coaching but not sure how long he would be GM. Brodsky's son is eventually going to take over all aspects including ownership and I don't see room for Lorne. Lorne and Jack are very good friends and I don't see him being fired before the MC if they lose out.

Default Shouldn't be a big deal

Home record was worse than road record during the regular season. Road pp better, road pk better, allowed fewer goals on the road. Its simply a matter of which team shows up. Win one and move on to the next etc. Simple.....

Quote Originally Posted by franchise View Post
    Home record was worse than road record during the regular season. Road pp better, road pk better, allowed fewer goals on the road. Its simply a matter of which team shows up. Win one and move on to the next etc. Simple.....
    Less pressure playing on the road also. Blades just need a couple of breaks and they are right back in it. Not counting them out just yet.

Default They are just writing another great episode

of "On The Edge". What's a TV Sports show without a little drama? It's the standard third act twist.

Watched the new one last night. It concluded ten or eleven games into the winning streak. The next one should be really interesting. I see its on again tonight - gonna record it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by franchise View Post
    of "On The Edge". What's a TV Sports show without a little drama? It's the standard third act twist.

Watched the new one last night. It concluded ten or eleven games into the winning streak. The next one should be really interesting. I see its on again tonight - gonna record it this time.
    We'll see how Lornes "put the work boots on " lock n load lets go get some bear " tire pumping works tommorow.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Astles suspended for two games total.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Lorne is stepping down as gm for the pats we would have won the cup, no starting goalie was our problem. The blades problem is they aren't built for playoff hockey. Calgary, Edmonton, hat, even red deer will grind you out, know how to play defence, the blades d has been the weak spot all year.
    I sure hope you mean the defensive play of our forwards....but when we only score one goal in two games how do you complain about "our defense"! Our top guys look like they could care less if we won or lost. For such an "experienced" team who should know what playoffs are all about....their effort is the most disappointing of all!!! Our "top players" need to start being our "top players"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I agree with the weak defense. Just don't have enough from #4 down.
    Once again...why are you complaining about the defense when we have only scored 1 goal in two games??? And, if your statement about #4 down was true, it wouldn't have any affect on the last two games anyways because we have pretty much been playing with only 4 d for the last half of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Astles suspended for two games total.
    overkill by RR and his band of fools.
    GO WARRIORS GO

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFan94 View Post
    Once again...why are you complaining about the defense when we have only scored 1 goal in two games??? And, if your statement about #4 down was true, it wouldn't have any affect on the last two games anyways because we have pretty much been playing with only 4 d for the last half of the games.
    So why are they playing with only 4 dmen for the last half of the games? Guess you answered your own question.