View Poll Results: Coaching or Player Personnal?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • coaching

3 42.86%
  • players

4 57.14%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coaching problems or player personnal?

Iconwhl

just a quick stat before i head off to bed....

the pats as a team have the 4th most fights in the WHL.... we must fight an aweful lot on the road cuz we sure in hell dont fight at home.

here is the link from hockeyfights.com for this season http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/5/reg2013

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    just a quick stat before i head off to bed....

the pats as a team have the 4th most fights in the WHL.... we must fight an aweful lot on the road cuz we sure in hell dont fight at home.

here is the link from hockeyfights.com for this season http://www.hockeyfights.com/leaders/teams/5/reg2013
    I believe Stevensen himself has like, 3 fights at home and 13 or more on the road...

Iconwhl

I for 1 would love to see the BC a tougher place to come into, not just meaning fights but they also help with making it a tougher building. Too much turning the cheek the other way when we are on home ice. Fans want entertainment as well & haven't heard the home crowd booo a home player before for dropping the mits.......

Well I guess its offically offical the Pats are out of the playoffs but for the record the Warriors were eliminated about 1 hour before the Pats were (for what that is worth ) as much as I don't want to see the wins now just for a better draft pick its still nice as a fan to beat the Warriors. Haha yes I'm trying to salvage something with this team.

Does anyone know if Reagan's season is almost done? I would love to see him come in & play the remainding games as an audition for next year or what about that Schloer kid (not sure on spelling & only on my phone).

Also I too will be disappointed if we continue playing this new way with the slight system adjustments. Not cuz I don't want to see abit more creativity but cuz why on earth weren't they made over a month ago? I know it was only MJ they are just as bad as we are but as a guy who has seen many many hockey games over the years it wasn't haard to notice on friday night (watching live) & saturday night (on webcast) that there have been slight adjustments in how we enter the zone & break out of our own zone. Also with that said it was much more effective then before. I'm not against the chip n chase just there is a time & place for it & also depending what line you are on as well.

Well let's see what happens tonight, win or lose the rest of the year we are still assured a top 5 pick & believe Merkley was taken before Klimchuk was & I'd rather have Klimchuk then Merkley any day......

Scholer isn't a very good skater and I feel he won't make the whl in his career, but he does have Finnish. We have a couple other guys I'd like to see but we haven't played the 16 yr olds we have much so I think they should receive more ice time first. Klimchuck is only going to get better and his speed is a non issue he caught Reilly the other nite and proved he has the wheels. Some scouts say his speed is an issue and others say he has above average speed. Klimchuck and Stephenson are going to do some damage next season.

Iconwhl

By no means am I using this as a comparison but if my memory serves me right a certain player by the name of Stone was a brutal skater as well at 16 yes he had more offensive upside. One thing that Scholer brings is the willingness to throw the body something this franchise lacks. He was among the final cuts with the 16yr olds he isn't as far away as 1 may think. His physical presence along helps his cause.

I agree we should be seeing more minutes now from our 16yr olds but then again we only have 2 16yr olds who are worth anything, I'm just not a fan of Ortynski at the moment he wasn't ready for the WHL level & it shows by how much ice time he gets in a game

I maybe wrong with schooler but his skating reminds me a lot of Curtis tippler. Mumby will be lucky to make the team next year.

Fans cant blame the players - the talent level has to get better .Even the Pats players will tell you that the Pats are too small , too slow and not talented.How can they expect to play a skill game when they do not have the skill in the line up to match up against other clubs.God help the scouts ! I would like to see more American players in the line up .Isnt there an american scout on the payroll.I hope the GM Lang has a plan in place .I dont consider Lang a hockey man.His resume may be impressive at the minor hockey or junior A level but this is the WHL. Surely there are all kinds of former WHL players or coaches with experience and all kinds of WHL networking skills that would be a better candidate for GM than Chad Lang.

Lets start off with my buddy won the 50-50 tonite pulocks cousin as irony would have it. I'm not pleased with Pat Conicher at all, we're out of the playoffs play the fning 4th line. To sit there and get 2, 1 and ZERO shifts give me a break you should be ashamed of yourself. HELLO we're out of the playoffs, and it was nice to see the top line play wide open hockey. The other lines still played a lot of chip and chase. All in all a good weekend but a little too late.

Iconwhl

What do you mean D'Amico seen 3 shifts alone in the 3rd Ortynski seen 2 shifts & think Gay was dressed wasn't he? Lmao I agree he needs to roll every line now, I get you still play the game to win but give some guys a chance already.

I thought the top 2 lines did a great job again tonight at moving the puck thru the middle entering the offensive zone but my question is why on earth give the guys the freedom now when its been a huge problem since early january. I've been saying for a long time on here & on roddys blog & phils blog that we play chip n chase all game long with no creativity. We are finally seeing some but its alittle too freaken late!!!! I don't care if we lose every game from here on out as long as we are trying to be creative that is how hockey is suppose to be played after all. Coaches ruin the gaame of hockey with all this defensive non sense.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    What do you mean D'Amico seen 3 shifts alone in the 3rd Ortynski seen 2 shifts & think Gay was dressed wasn't he? Lmao I agree he needs to roll every line now, I get you still play the game to win but give some guys a chance already.

I thought the top 2 lines did a great job again tonight at moving the puck thru the middle entering the offensive zone but my question is why on earth give the guys the freedom now when its been a huge problem since early january. I've been saying for a long time on here & on roddys blog & phils blog that we play chip n chase all game long with no creativity. We are finally seeing some but its alittle too freaken late!!!! I don't care if we lose every game from here on out as long as we are trying to be creative that is how hockey is suppose to be played after all. Coaches ruin the gaame of hockey with all this defensive non sense.
    not all coaches just the ones who cant teach offense.
    GO WARRIORS GO