Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2012-2013

Default RIP 2012-2013

Here lies the wasted monies spent by Lethbridge Hurricanes Season Ticket Holders and those crazy enough to pay full price for a ticket to watch the Garbage we have put up with for the past 4 Seasons.

Nothing against the Kids of this team, they have fought hard at points despite their terrible coaching.. All we can do now is hope that the BOD Grows some balls and fires the idiot that put us here.

Possibly we get even more lucky, the team goes bankrupt over the summer and we find some private ownership to turn things around. I don't think that I for one can support this franchise as a community owned team any longer.

Icon32 As much as you all say that

everyone lines up to buy their tickets for the next season. And if you don't you might not have a franchise to even think about, whether owned by community or not. And if they get rid of Preston - what exactly do you think they have enough cash to get for a coach? If you want a stellar coach you need some major bux for a 3 year contract or Leth will just end up with another amateur lack luster coach. Cranbrook has great management and still can't get bodies in the seats except toward the end of the season. And in 4 years, there are a few players who could have gone further, but w/o the proper teacher you won't advance.

MH won tonight so they are in playoffs so the only team left to catch is Cranbrook, and depending on what happens tonight in Spokane, that could be over as well. But in reality, do I want Leth to make playoffs and get hit playing Edmonton? What good would that do? 2 more home games of abuse at the hands of yet another team? So for me, the season is best to be over~!!!

See ya all next year

Time to go drink

Default rock bottom

I am not really sure what rock bottom looks like, but I bet it looks a lot like this. Time for change. This is NOT working.

4. Unhappy Next Year---again

There is no more desire. The Team looks flat. The coaches have no idea how to motivate the boys or maybe they lost interest. I hope we go out on a winning note...till next year ...time to clean the clubs
    GO CANES GO

Just read this on the WHL Facebook page.
    The worst part for Preston is the fact that Rimmer skated off the ice on his own when he got to the bench he threw his stick and mask down the walkway to the dressing room. Then yelled at Preston saying a few words I won't repeat and kept going walking to the dressing room, you know it's bad when your goalie does that. By the way good win Hitmen keep it up..
    That's a goaltender that seems to have given and given and given this season.
    Preston doesn't exit without the assistants behind him does he?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default i had season tickets for...............

Quote Originally Posted by 2speak4all View Post
    everyone lines up to buy their tickets for the next season. And if you don't you might not have a franchise to even think about, whether owned by community or not. And if they get rid of Preston - what exactly do you think they have enough cash to get for a coach? If you want a stellar coach you need some major bux for a 3 year contract or Leth will just end up with another amateur lack luster coach. Cranbrook has great management and still can't get bodies in the seats except toward the end of the season. And in 4 years, there are a few players who could have gone further, but w/o the proper teacher you won't advance.

MH won tonight so they are in playoffs so the only team left to catch is Cranbrook, and depending on what happens tonight in Spokane, that could be over as well. But in reality, do I want Leth to make playoffs and get hit playing Edmonton? What good would that do? 2 more home games of abuse at the hands of yet another team? So for me, the season is best to be over~!!!

See ya all next year

Time to go drink
    20 seasons and pass on the last 2 years, what even worse is i sat with 12 others of which 4 remain, it not that tough to walk away..disloyal or not i buy the games i want to see and dont have to sit through the ones i dont.... it beautiful thing..................
    GO CANES GO.................

Iconwhl

the Pats are sending an invite to meet us on the golf course on Monday March 18th at 10am where ever u see fit.... i think we all can get along & complain about the same things within each of our franchises

Default It's time

Well, the proverbial fat lady has finally stepped up the podium and belched her final song for this year. The questions now are the following. 1) Will the BOD finally clear out the present scouting staff and bring in somebody that can take us to the next level. 2) Will the BOD finally admit their mistakes and put the team up for sale. 3) Will the BOD ( and governor) all step aside and let another crew in to run this team as a WHL hockey team and not their own little project. 4) Will the Hurricanes start to build a "team" rather than a bunch of cookie cutter players that are all small and fast. Players like these are great but they need support from a few grinders and size.
    There are so many different avenues in which we can go. One thing however is for certain, the status quo is not working any more. I have no idea as to what will work as I am just a fan, but there has to be somebody out there that can make a difference. Who ever you are, will you please step up NOW?

BB

Arrow most of it right

The only thing wrong with your comments is that the BOD cannot arbitrarily sell the team. It's up to the shareholders who have the final say. You forget it is a legal entity and company. The BOD cannot arbitrarily sell the Royal Bank. Same goes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Just read this on the WHL Facebook page.
    The worst part for Preston is the fact that Rimmer skated off the ice on his own when he got to the bench he threw his stick and mask down the walkway to the dressing room. Then yelled at Preston saying a few words I won't repeat and kept going walking to the dressing room, you know it's bad when your goalie does that. By the way good win Hitmen keep it up..
    That's a goaltender that seems to have given and given and given this season.
    Preston doesn't exit without the assistants behind him does he?
    Normally I would have nothing but derisive comments for a player who takes himself out of a game. But in this case with Rimmer, I BLAME NO ONE BUT THE COACH. You have a goalie that has given everything and more than has been asked of him all year, and the RP leaves him hanging out to get slaughtered and embarrassed in the March 9 game against the Hitmen.

It was 5-0 half way through the 3rd period, the Hitmen have just scored 3 goals in 4 minutes, and 4 goals in less than 6 minutes, and RP leaves him out there. Rimmer has more than paid his dues and owes the team absolutely nothing, yet Preston leaves Ty out there to be cannon fodder.

I would like to say this was the nail in Preston’s coffin for me, but that nail was hammered home about a year and a half ago.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-14-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.