In?
    Lenchyshyn 16
    Sayers 17

Tai 18

Out
    Rimmer 21

In?
    Houge

Thoughts? Deletions or Additions? Darkhorses? Ommisions?
    Last edited by Bocephus; 03-13-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Maxwell 19
    Ramsay 20
    McKechnie 19
    Yakubowski 19
    Wong 17
    Duke 17
    Watson 18
    Leverton 18
    Derko 20
    Harper 19
    Axel Bomqvist 18
    Laurencelle 18
    Sofillas 20

Out
    Hood 21

In ?
    Estephan
    Olynek
    Conrad

Topping 18
    Pilon 17
    Erkamps 18
    Hackman 18
    Henry 19
    Simpson 19
    Albin Blomqvist 20

Out
    Johnston 21

In?
    Lenchyshyn 16
    Sayers 17

Thoughts? Deletions or Additions? Darkhorses? Ommisions?
    My first thought is that Albin will not be back.
    Second thought is the 3 20 year old forward didn't put up very impressive numbers this year. That has to be a concern.
    Thirdly, the 5 'ins' seem to be close to locks which really causes a numbers issue.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

On the topic of 20 Year Olds

Blomqvist is out, but we are one of those stupid teams that would give up "2" roster spots to the same player, so who knows

Ramsay I would say is in, he can put up some numbers in his 20 year old year I think, a coaching change may help his scenario (as it would most of the team frankly)

Sofillas is out, and as much as I like the guy, he just never turned into the point making
    player at this level of hockey (see the coaching comment from before)

Derko I think is in, he is one of those guys that you hate to love, but he does bring that sort of Mike Wuchterl prowess to the team, and he definatley has some decent offensive upside to go with it

As for other possible deletions
    Axel Blomqvist - had some ups and downs, but will be come back without his brother, I think this might be a both or none situation. Sort of a question mark in my mind.
    Craig Leverton - another Mike Sofillas type player, only younger, not sure if he has everything all together to make the squad next year, another question mark
    Harrison Harper - should not have been with the team this year in my mind, so I dont think he will be back next year, if they keep Derko, they don't need another weak skating goon on the team that has little upside offensively or defensively

Locks I would think
    Maxwell
    Ramsay
    McKechnie
    Yakubowski
    Wong
    Duke
    Watson
    Derko
    Laurencelle

I would say that Estephan plays with the team next year, and Olynek probably as well. So really in my mind that leaves you 1 spot up front, maybe 2 depending on what the coaching staff decides to do.

Topping
    Pilon
    Erkamps
    Hackman
    Henry
    Simpson

I would think all 6 of these guys are back on the Blue Line, really in my mind one of the positions we seem to have some decent strength at (again with proper coaching). Topping and Plion proved to be relatively reliable in their 1st full years in the league, Erkamps has ups and downs but is generally very solid. Hackman proved he can play with anyone at this level, really probably one of the most consistent guys on the team this year, you knew what to expect night in and night out. Simpson and Henry will probably be relied upon to eat 22-25 minutes a game next year..

I dont really see any holes on Defense next year unless we start trading..

In Goal I would think you get Hogue and Tai, Tai proved he can play, and I think given the chance to play 50-55 games he probably could turn into a reliable keeper. Then again we as a club seem to have a huge love of 20 Year Old Keepers (Rimmer/Ketlo).

Just my 0.02...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lethbridgefan83 View Post
    On the topic of 20 Year Olds

Blomqvist is out, but we are one of those stupid teams that would give up "2" roster spots to the same player, so who knows

Ramsay I would say is in, he can put up some numbers in his 20 year old year I think, a coaching change may help his scenario (as it would most of the team frankly)

Sofillas is out, and as much as I like the guy, he just never turned into the point making
    player at this level of hockey (see the coaching comment from before)

Derko I think is in, he is one of those guys that you hate to love, but he does bring that sort of Mike Wuchterl prowess to the team, and he definatley has some decent offensive upside to go with it

As for other possible deletions
    Axel Blomqvist - had some ups and downs, but will be come back without his brother, I think this might be a both or none situation. Sort of a question mark in my mind.
    Craig Leverton - another Mike Sofillas type player, only younger, not sure if he has everything all together to make the squad next year, another question mark
    Harrison Harper - should not have been with the team this year in my mind, so I dont think he will be back next year, if they keep Derko, they don't need another weak skating goon on the team that has little upside offensively or defensively

Locks I would think
    Maxwell
    Ramsay
    McKechnie
    Yakubowski
    Wong
    Duke
    Watson
    Derko
    Laurencelle

I would say that Estephan plays with the team next year, and Olynek probably as well. So really in my mind that leaves you 1 spot up front, maybe 2 depending on what the coaching staff decides to do.

Topping
    Pilon
    Erkamps
    Hackman
    Henry
    Simpson

I would think all 6 of these guys are back on the Blue Line, really in my mind one of the positions we seem to have some decent strength at (again with proper coaching). Topping and Plion proved to be relatively reliable in their 1st full years in the league, Erkamps has ups and downs but is generally very solid. Hackman proved he can play with anyone at this level, really probably one of the most consistent guys on the team this year, you knew what to expect night in and night out. Simpson and Henry will probably be relied upon to eat 22-25 minutes a game next year..

I dont really see any holes on Defense next year unless we start trading..

In Goal I would think you get Hogue and Tai, Tai proved he can play, and I think given the chance to play 50-55 games he probably could turn into a reliable keeper. Then again we as a club seem to have a huge love of 20 Year Old Keepers (Rimmer/Ketlo).

Just my 0.02...
    I think Derko is the only sure bet as a 20yr old to come back with Ramsay likely to be back.
    I think Simpson will be upgraded with a 20 yr old d-man we trade for.
    We are going to have a high Euro pick again. Draft an 18yr old Euro to play goal for 2 seasons alongside Tai.

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    I think Derko is the only sure bet as a 20yr old to come back with Ramsay likely to be back.
    I think Simpson will be upgraded with a 20 yr old d-man we trade for.
    We are going to have a high Euro pick again. Draft an 18yr old Euro to play goal for 2 seasons alongside Tai.
    Way ahead of myself but how about a guy like Darren Dietz (will be a 20 year old next year) from Saskatoon. Sask will have a lot of players to clear out, he's played in Lethbridge as a middget player, and I'm not sure if he's signed with the Montreal Canadiens. He's had a great year so may be in Hamilton next season. Just a thought.

Way ahead of myself but how about a guy like Darren Dietz (will be a 20 year old next year) from Saskatoon. Sask will have a lot of players to clear out, he's played in Lethbridge as a middget player, and I'm not sure if he's signed with the Montreal Canadiens. He's had a great year so may be in Hamilton next season. Just a thought.
    Dietz will be in Hamilton without question. The baby Habs haven't been very good. They're young and Dietz will get a ton of playing time as Tinordi will probably make the jump to the big club next year.

Quote Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
    Dietz will be in Hamilton without question. The baby Habs haven't been very good. They're young and Dietz will get a ton of playing time as Tinordi will probably make the jump to the big club next year.
    Figured that would be the case. Sask will still have a boatload of 20's to unload I would think. They can't all be heading to the pros. Perhaps that would be an avenue to improve our 20's.

There always seems to be somewhat of quality 20 year olds out there, especially when you send 2 teams to the Mem Cup from the same league. I feel our problems are going to go a lot deeper then which 3 20's we end up having though. Just for kicks Id like to be in some sort of alternate reality where Sutter or Hay coaches this squad, just to see what happens, and too see if we are all completely nuts LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lethbridgefan83 View Post
    There always seems to be somewhat of quality 20 year olds out there, especially when you send 2 teams to the Mem Cup from the same league. I feel our problems are going to go a lot deeper then which 3 20's we end up having though. Just for kicks Id like to be in some sort of alternate reality where Sutter or Hay coaches this squad, just to see what happens, and too see if we are all completely nuts LOL
    All the fans are nuts and Preston and the BOD plan is bearing fruit. That's an awesome thought. Haha

10. Default

All the fans are nuts and Preston and the BOD plan is bearing fruit. That's an awesome thought. Haha
    It’s hard not to be excited about Wong, Duke, Kolten, Colt and Giorgio. Clearly goal scorers and playmakers. Multiple draft picks on our team. Not trying to minimise our lack of playoffs this season but finally have a future. Now who is the coach? Fine with the GM.
    Last edited by here for the long run; 03-16-2013 at 08:21 AM.