Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1091

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    An excellent run by the Lethbridge boys. I'm sure there are a few spots available on this team based on the number of prospects that have not yet signed?! Wonder how long it will be until we get an answer on what Bellerive will be doing next year. He will be playing jr somewhere, whether it be Major Jr or Jr A in BC. Any news on the board meeting that is supposed to happen early this year????
    The next AGM is scheduled probably in the fall. Any meeting of shareholders needs notification. Any special meeting regarding sale has to come after a motion is passed at an AGM. All meetings, info. Sessions etc, require shareholder notifications in writing. Nothing of this to date.

If they can only get to under 30 shots against they will win a few.

Default i wonder why robison...........................

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    The next AGM is scheduled probably in the fall. Any meeting of shareholders needs notification. Any special meeting regarding sale has to come after a motion is passed at an AGM. All meetings, info. Sessions etc, require shareholder notifications in writing. Nothing of this to date.

If they can only get to under 30 shots against they will win a few.
    would say he would like to here from the shareholder in the new year rather than fall...........
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    would say he would like to here from the shareholder in the new year rather than fall...........

True, but this is tricky. The club can and has called a mid season info. meeting in the past. It has been just that, an info. meeting. No agenda, nothing to vote on. To date no notice of such. Second, club would have to notify shareholders or any special or emergency meeting. So far, nothing to date. Think the process will go to the annual AGM where motion to sell club will be on the agenda. Have no idea just what the motion says but doubt if the club will be sold at the AGM do to the specifics of a regular AGM and a Special Meeting and voting percentage requirements. Will definitely be interesting. I think with the promotional things put in place and other things corrected, the team will survive till the AGM. They may call the AGM as soon as the books are done after the year end, followed in a short period of time by a special meeting. It will be good to see the agenda for the AGM which the club is bound to provide the shareholders (not the public) in advance. Lots of questions, but in the meantime we are closer on the ice. The powers that be who have sort of shunned the shareholders for a long while are finding out just how powerful that little $100.00 vote can be. You can ignore the shareholder but can't ignore the process and the laws of the province. The founders of the club never intended for it to be sold, therefore there is nothing in place to do so. Shareholders have to vote to any amendment to the Articles of Incorporation to allow such. Sigh.
    Last edited by blacksheep; 01-16-2015 at 09:04 AM. Reason: additional clarification.

Default i would bet money.............

True, but this is tricky. The club can and has called a mid season info. meeting in the past. It has been just that, an info. meeting. No agenda, nothing to vote on. To date no notice of such. Second, club would have to notify shareholders or any special or emergency meeting. So far, nothing to date. Think the process will go to the annual AGM where motion to sell club will be on the agenda. Have no idea just what the motion says but doubt if the club will be sold at the AGM do to the specifics of a regular AGM and a Special Meeting and voting percentage requirements. Will definitely be interesting. I think with the promotional things put in place and other things corrected, the team will survive till the AGM. They may call the AGM as soon as the books are done after the year end, followed in a short period of time by a special meeting. It will be good to see the agenda for the AGM which the club is bound to provide the shareholders (not the public) in advance. Lots of questions, but in the meantime we are closer on the ice. The powers that be who have sort of shunned the shareholders for a long while are finding out just how powerful that little $100.00 vote can be. You can ignore the shareholder but can't ignore the process and the laws of the province. The founders of the club never intended for it to be sold, therefore there is nothing in place to do so. Shareholders have to vote to any amendment to the Articles of Incorporation to allow such. Sigh.
    now that anholt is in place that the league will back off of their push for the sale off the team right now..leave it until fall knowing that there is a person in place that will do good thing for the canes...the only problem now is trying to pay the bills....and on that note it boggles my mind that the business end would not fire sale the last 15 games just to get some butts in the seats..their big promotion is currently 75 cents more per ticket that when purchased at sobey ...which is laughable, it not the 75 cents its their mentality or the lack of one............
    Last edited by shushu; 01-16-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Smile

now that anholt is in place that the league will back off of their push for the sale off the team right now..leave it until fall knowing that there is a person in place that will do good thing for the canes...the only problem now is trying to pay the bills....and on that note it boggles my mind that the business end would not fire sale the last 15 games just to get some butts in the seats..their big promotion is currently 75 cents more per ticket that when purchased at sobey ...which is laughable, it not the 75 cents its their mentality or the lack of one............
    True, however you can only buy one at a time and requires the trip to Sobeys I live 2 blocks from Enmax so the trip to north side not worth trouble. Also same seats for all games. Sobeys in SS. Bought two. Deal or no deal, supporters neededicated

Default as far as i know............

True, however you can only buy one at a time and requires the trip to Sobeys I live 2 blocks from Enmax so the trip to north side not worth trouble. Also same seats for all games. Sobeys in SS. Bought two. Deal or no deal, supporters neededicated
    you can buy more that one....anyways not the point, I love jr hockey so i'm going no matter what..but the bottom line is this team has won 10 games all year so give families and people that don't go a GOOD reason for taking in a game on a Friday night.............not 75 cent off..........

you can buy more that one....anyways not the point, I love jr hockey so i'm going no matter what..but the bottom line is this team has won 10 games all year so give families and people that don't go a GOOD reason for taking in a game on a Friday night.............not 75 cent off..........
    Anholt is being paid xxx per month to finish the season. Read into that what you will. The situation hasn't changed. The WHL wants this franchise sold to private ownership that has operating capital. Any dillusion that a recent run of near .500 hockey hasn't changed anything. Don't get me wrong, there are more warm and fuzzy feelings about things but the crowds are still tiny and no increase in revenue has occurred. Remember that Paisley said that if an increase of 700 fans per game doesn't occurred to finish the season that private ownership is a real possibility.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Talking

Possibly. Not worth my effort to drive to Sobey's on game day to save 0.75 cents. May be for others. The point is support not a deal. If I had to drive to Sobeys to save 0.75 cents probably wouldn't go to a single game. Offer is one of convenience and not to me a deal breaker. It is like spending 2.00 in gas to save 0.75 cents. Anyway, my bum(s) are in the seat and that is what counts. They have two more than they had yesterday.

Default i totally agree............

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Anholt is being paid xxx per month to finish the season. Read into that what you will. The situation hasn't changed. The WHL wants this franchise sold to private ownership that has operating capital. Any dillusion that a recent run of near .500 hockey hasn't changed anything. Don't get me wrong, there are more warm and fuzzy feelings about things but the crowds are still tiny and no increase in revenue has occurred. Remember that Paisley said that if an increase of 700 fans per game doesn't occurred to finish the season that private ownership is a real possibility.
    I honestly believe that the league would have forced something to happen if the former crew was still in place...with anholt they have a little breathing time to straiten out the and's and but's of the future of this team..you could tell how vague anholt was when talking about how long he's here for, he knows the plug is going to be pulled on this franchise sooner than latter.....

I honestly believe that the league would have forced something to happen if the former crew was still in place...with anholt they have a little breathing time to straiten out the and's and but's of the future of this team..you could tell how vague anholt was when talking about how long he's here for, he knows the plug is going to be pulled on this franchise sooner than latter.....
    Either way, notice is required. No notice to date. The rest is speculation which is good chatter on the concourse.