Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Default Roster issues

Even is Ramsay is traded the canes still seem to have Olynek and Estephan that are both capable of being the third line centre and Amson appears capable of being that 4th line centre that is big, fast and brings energy. Even Laurencelle and Wong could slot into into a centre spot if injuries occurred.
    What, if any, trades or changes do you fans see as possibilities or necessities for this roster to take shape? I've also been impressed with Goberis as a 16.
    Last edited by Bocephus; 09-08-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

IMO, Leverton is a lock. Craig wasn't given much of an opportunity by Preston last year to show what he's capable of. This kid has been a winner and point producer all through youth hockey. You don't lose that touch overnight. Hopefully under the new regime, Craig will be given the chance he deserves. Mark my words, this young man is a keeper.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
    IMO, Leverton is a lock. Craig wasn't given much of an opportunity by Preston last year to show what he's capable of. This kid has been a winner and point producer all through youth hockey. You don't lose that touch overnight. Hopefully under the new regime, Craig will be given the chance he deserves. Mark my words, this young man is a keeper.
    Leverton is a quality player but on this roster he is a secondary player. That doesn't diminish his value at all but I doubt he'll ever be at the top of the stats sheet. His value is served as a PK guy and a guy who can step up in the lineup to fill in for injuries for short stints. Teams don't win without those secondary guys. Lots of value to them.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

He may not be a point per game player, but if you're looking for a hard nosed, gritty forward and a guy who is responsible at both ends of the ice, look no further than #18. I just think that under coach Berehowsky, he may be a rejuvenated player and really find his stride. It's going to be a good year for the Canes I believe. As far as only capable of filling in for injuries and otherwise a healthy scratch, I couldn't disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
    He may not be a point per game player, but if you're looking for a hard nosed, gritty forward and a guy who is responsible at both ends of the ice, look no further than #18. I just think that under coach Berehowsky, he may be a rejuvenated player and really find his stride. It's going to be a good year for the Canes I believe. As far as only capable of filling in for injuries and otherwise a healthy scratch, I couldn't disagree more.
    I never said healthy scratch. I meant a third line guy who can temporarily fill in for a top six forward. He's plenty capable on a 50 point season.

Oops, my bad. Sorry about that. I agree, 50 points is well within his reach. I can't wait for the season to begin. Due to my location, I can't see games live, but Pat and Fred do excellent play by play and color analysis of all games on CJOC!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Even is Ramsay is traded the canes still seem to have Olynek and Estephan that are both capable of being the third line centre and Amson appears capable of being that 4th line centre that is big, fast and brings energy. Even Laurencelle and Wong could slot into into a centre spot if injuries occurred.
    What, if any, trades or changes do you fans see as possibilities or necessities for this roster to take shape? I've also been impressed with Goberis as a 16.
    We keep all 4 20’s till the end. If Derko is doesn’t stick he is a lock with Boes. I think you would like to have a twenty yr old d-man but I believe d is our deepest position. I would rather see Jenson over Spencer or you may see a 95 born dman traded to keep both Spencer and one or two 16yr old d-men.

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    We keep all 4 20’s till the end. If Derko is doesn’t stick he is a lock with Boes. I think you would like to have a twenty yr old d-man but I believe d is our deepest position. I would rather see Jenson over Spencer or you may see a 95 born dman traded to keep both Spencer and one or two 16yr old d-men.
    Well, who knows what happens but I would like to see an older roster for the first time in a number of years. Older will yield better results. Clearly we have more talent than roster spots available so some moves have to be made. Some difficult decisions need to be made by the hockey staff.
    I know what I would do but don't want to offend some current players by mentioning their names.

How has Sayers been during the pre-season and is he someone factored into this years' Hurricanes roster, or someone to consider for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    How has Sayers been during the pre-season and is he someone factored into this years' Hurricanes roster, or someone to consider for next season?
    I think Sayers was penned into the lineup. He was a top ten scorer in Saskatchewan Major Midget last year. The top scoring defenceman and top awarded dman for the year. That all said I haven't been blown away by him in camp.
    Even if he makes the team, which I think he will, he will still be fighting for ice time.