Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1091

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    How this BOD can even fathom that they can turn this around, last year was the year that there had to be some sort of positive glimmer, instead, they show up at the finish line dead last.
    Don't forget that according to McNaughton (sp) this past year was to stop the bleeding and they began to turn things around. While they may have stemmed the bleeding from the heart, they allowed the brain to die.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Don't forget that according to McNaughton (sp) this past year was to stop the bleeding and they began to turn things around. While they may have stemmed the bleeding from the heart, they allowed the brain to die.
    LOL, however you want to view it, don't think it really matters at this point! I would liken it more to bleed out? McNaughton also said that they need to focus more this year on the small business support to fill in some of the blanks...one would have to now think (with CJOC now bailing) that getting small businesses to buy a ticket on a train to no where is becoming a more unlikely sell as each day passes by??? He also said they would be adding an assistant coach and an assistant GM, my guess is that if Lukowich wins his lawsuit, they will be starting the way they ended and the players will be four to a room and eating kraft dinner and wieners all winter...never thought I would see the day, it is horrible and it is pathetic!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

LOL. My guess is that if Lukowich wins his lawsuit, they will be starting the way they ended and the players will be four to a room and eating kraft dinner and wieners all winter. Pathetic!
    No no no no no sid75. The business manager will never let that happen .... again. From all I have heard the kids will be bunked two to a room and will be eating Steak every day... hehe.

Once the WHL had a look at what was going on, the Canes immediately hired an accountant/controller to sort out the financial mess. That pretty much tells me no one in the Canes office had a clue about finances. That was never more evident than at the AGM/shareholders meeting when one of the shareholders asked the Business Manager, Terry Huisman, if he thought the meeting was the next day, and that is why he was not ready to answer any questions.

p.s. sid75. What is wrong with KD and wieners. I love that meal. Just not every day though!
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-09-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default the canes new theme song..................

............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYbu5DJA1U ..............and the video basically sums up DB systems to a tee...............
    GO CANES GO.................

Default What more will it take??

Worst season, players jumping ship, asst coach filing lawsuit, no money, radio station/playbyplay gone! What else will it take to right this mess? I feel bad for the kids that were just drafted by this mess, especially Belerive. He must feel that he's worked hard for his life to be drafted 2nd overall (some would argue he probably deserved 1st), and now this is where he gets to come to! Poor kid...

The beat goes on.
    The best developmental league in the world.
    My advice to all players drafted by the Hurricanes is to not sign that contract. Take the other road. Sorry.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default SELL THIS FRANCHISE...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    Worst season, players jumping ship, asst coach filing lawsuit, no money, radio station/playbyplay gone! What else will it take to right this mess? I feel bad for the kids that were just drafted by this mess, especially Belerive. He must feel that he's worked hard for his life to be drafted 2nd overall (some would argue he probably deserved 1st), and now this is where he gets to come to! Poor kid...
    is the only thing left to do!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone knows it, all other teams are laughing, anybody that knows anything about hockey knows it, the shareholders know it and the WHL knows it! I think Bellerive will be fine, he cannot play here this upcoming season anyway, which has to be the final season, as there is just no possible way these guys can hit the two main targets that Robison identified, better management and leadership within hockey operations and also to be financially self sustaining. It just cannot happen unless they can pull $1M out of a hat to mop up the existing mess and get the right people in place, doubt McNaughton and his cronies would even know who those guys would be, even if they bit him in the ass.

No new ownership individual or group is ever going to spend the money to formulate a business/marketing plan or a formal offer to purchase, unless it is made known by the current ownership group that this franchise is actually FOR SALE! That is a decision that the shareholders need to make, in our case they either cannot read the writing on the wall, are to arrogant, or both or just plain stupid? Would seem that with the league now involved, it will be only a matter of time until the sale will be forced as was done in Portland, the extremely unfortunate part is that there are some really good players on this team whom will be forced to give up their careers in the collateral damage that has already and still to come this upcoming season. So, as long as the shareholders let McNaughton make all the decisions, the response will be NOT FOR SALE until the league takes it away? If they think that anyone is just going to pony up an offer out of the clear blue, well, that day will never come, the upcoming season looks to be horrific and that is likely an understatement...I guest you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

is the only thing left to do!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone knows it, all other teams are laughing, anybody that knows anything about hockey knows it, the shareholders know it and the WHL knows it! I think Bellerive will be fine, he cannot play here this upcoming season anyway, which has to be the final season, as there is just no possible way these guys can hit the two main targets that Robison identified, better management and leadership within hockey operations and also to be financially self sustaining. It just cannot happen unless they can pull $1M out of a hat to mop up the existing mess and get the right people in place, doubt McNaughton and his cronies would even know who those guys would be, even if they bit him in the ass.

No new ownership individual or group is ever going to spend the money to formulate a business/marketing plan or a formal offer to purchase, unless it is made known by the current ownership group that this franchise is actually FOR SALE! That is a decision that the shareholders need to make, in our case they either cannot read the writing on the wall, are to arrogant, or both or just plain stupid? Would seem that with the league now involved, it will be only a matter of time until the sale will be forced as was done in Portland, the extremely unfortunate part is that there are some really good players on this team whom will be forced to give up their careers in the collateral damage that has already and still to come this upcoming season. So, as long as the shareholders let McNaughton make all the decisions, the response will be NOT FOR SALE until the league takes it away? If they think that anyone is just going to pony up an offer out of the clear blue, well, that day will never come, the upcoming season looks to be horrific and that is likely an understatement...I guest you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!
    Perfectly stated!
    I go with the 'too stupid' option and then take 'too arrogant' as my backup.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default One can only hope...

WHL commissioner Ron Robison told the Oregonian in 2010:
    "We were at risk of losing the franchise," WHL commissioner Ron Robison said last month. "We had to embark on a rescue operation."
    An audit of the team's business and hockey operations conducted in early 2008 revealed a change of ownership was necessary, Robison said. And, he added, "It needed to change quickly." (The Oregonian)

Hopefully we just aren't hearing all the details and Robison is actually going to force a sale of the Canes. Or was Portland in a worse position than this current group? I can't see it. The hurdle is the BOD and Shareholders... fingers crossed something special happens this summer and maybe a new start in September will right this ship!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Once the WHL had a look at what was going on, the Canes immediately hired an accountant/controller to sort out the financial mess. That pretty much tells me no one in the Canes office had a clue about finances. That was never more evident than at the AGM/shareholders meeting when one of the shareholders asked the Business Manager, Terry Huisman, if he thought the meeting was later in the week, and that is why he was not ready to answer any questions.

I can only imagine the WHL interview with Huisman. So Terry, how did you get this job? I got this job by default and because I am related to one or more of the BODs. OK Terry. What is your accounting background? Well I don't really have an accounting background, I am more like a beer sales rep or a P.R. kind of guy. OK Terry, can you tell me why there are about 3 or 4 people in this office that are getting paid to sell tickets, yet attendance keeps declining? Uuuumh, I don't know.. END OF INTERVIEW..
    They actually had someone in the office that knew EXACTLY what was going on with the finances. She was the only one who understood how bad it was and had been bringing it to the board's attention for years but no one did anything about it. She finally got so fed up so walked out.

I bet this was very accurate. I would also like to ask him why he hasn't fired his underperforming sales director and brought in someone with some actual sales success and fresh ideas. The company I worked for until last year was dealing with this guy. He would never return a phone call, was arrogant, completely unhelpful and very condescending. The boss finally said to hell with it and just bought two tickets. If this is how he treats all the businesses I would be surprised if he played a big part in the drop in sales. But the so-called business manager would let an experienced, knowledgeable staff member leave and do nothing about the poison in his own office.

The whole operation is a joke.