Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1091

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    For a $7 million franchise (+/-) to lose to lose 100k is not flat broke, (fwiw PG lost $685,000 last year) Not ideal, no one wants to operate at a loss, but far from broke.
    Please tell me Derek that you do not honestly believe that the Hurricanes lost only 100k last year. If you will recall at the shareholders meetings the so-called business manager brought no information other than a list of the players' community service. When asked for actual reports and information, he was unable to supply anything aside from a stutter when trying to find a reason for being so ill-prepared. That left everyone listening to only Mr. President who expected us to take his word for it when he said they were only down 100k.

While Mr. President indicated a line of credit of 50k he did not mention the need to seek out another 700k in loans from a separate financial institution and a private benefactor. He seems to forget that if you have borrowed money, you still owe the money. This team had to borrow 750k. Couple that with the 1 million that Jim Bradley (close friend of Mr. Vice President) managed to lose in his two seasons here and this team is broke.

You have been around these parts a long time. Surely you didn't actually believe that Mr. President was actually being transparent and truthful when he threw out that number did you? I doubt he would even know how.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    Please tell me Derek that you do not honestly believe that the Hurricanes lost only 100k last year. If you will recall at the shareholders meetings the so-called business manager brought no information other than a list of the players' community service. When asked for actual reports and information, he was unable to supply anything aside from a stutter when trying to find a reason for being so ill-prepared. That left everyone listening to only Mr. President who expected us to take his word for it when he said they were only down 100k.

While Mr. President indicated a line of credit of 50k he did not mention the need to seek out another 700k in loans from a separate financial institution and a private benefactor. He seems to forget that if you have borrowed money, you still owe the money. This team had to borrow 750k. Couple that with the 1 million that Jim Bradley (close friend of Mr. Vice President) managed to lose in his two seasons here and this team is broke.

You have been around these parts a long time. Surely you didn't actually believe that Mr. President was actually being transparent and truthful when he threw out that number did you? I doubt he would even know how.
    I know you cant believe anything you read or hear, be it from the team, management, BOD, fans or the public in general. If the numbers you speak of are actually true, this is scandalous, why has the media not caught on to this? I hadn't heard anything that high previously and for that all to be hidden is criminal, how does that happen in this day and age? These numbers further crush the prospects for private ownership, who would invest in this?

You are right when you say it is scandalous. I don't know if you would get the truth if you asked the BOD or the so called business manager point blank but I am sure they would find a way to spin it. I do believe it will be virtually impossible to hide this money from the shareholders and fans at the annual AGM though when the auditors give their report. I have a buddy on the board who is as fed up with all this mess as the rest of the city and he told me that the transactions happened.

4. Default

These numbers further crush the prospects for private ownership, who would invest in this?[/QUOTE]

Someone or a group with deep pockets that believes they could run this team better than the current BOD and system in place. For what transpired this year I am surprised they are only 750k in the hole (if true)

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    These numbers further crush the prospects for private ownership, who would invest in this?

Someone or a group with deep pockets that believes they could run this team better than the current BOD and system in place. For what transpired this year I am surprised they are only 750k in the hole (if true)
    I think it could be a good thing. Hopefully there is a buyer out there with deeeep deeeep pockets that wants to see this team succeed and feels that they are the ones to do it. It's been done before... just need the shareholders to buy into the same belief. With the city now holding off another 2 weeks before approving the lease agreement, makes me believe things are probably even worse than we were led to believe...

C'mon Mr. Millionaire...

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan42 View Post
    I think it could be a good thing. Hopefully there is a buyer out there with deeeep deeeep pockets that wants to see this team succeed and feels that they are the ones to do it. It's been done before... just need the shareholders to buy into the same belief. With the city now holding off another 2 weeks before approving the lease agreement, makes me believe things are probably even worse than we were led to believe...

C'mon Mr. Millionaire...
    The shareholders or a single motivated shareholder must initiate the sale of the club. Robison said twice the shareholders decide the fate of the club. What he didn't say is that the league probably has the authority to bring the sale issue to the shareholders should the deterioration continue. Second this board will not initiate a sale to anyone as they are under no obligation to do so until forced by the shareholder(s). We can dream someone (who must be a shareholder(s)) will step forward and initiate the necessary legal requirements to sell. Until the Mr. Millionaire is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    The shareholders or a single motivated shareholder must initiate the sale of the club. Robison said twice the shareholders decide the fate of the club. What he didn't say is that the league probably has the authority to bring the sale issue to the shareholders should the deterioration continue. Second this board will not initiate a sale to anyone as they are under no obligation to do so until forced by the shareholder(s). We can dream someone (who must be a shareholder(s)) will step forward and initiate the necessary legal requirements to sell. Until the Mr. Millionaire is a pipe dream.
    The BOD will never initiate or even suggest the sale of this franchise because that is not within their mandate, they are put in place by the shareholders and act only on behalf of the shareholders so the fate of this franchise rests solely with the shareholders. Again, Robison was crystal clear on what needs to take place in order to turn this franchise around, "better management/leadership of hockey operations" he said it several times and the direct response from McNaughton was that there will be no change made at either of the manager/coaching positions and that the team will move forward next season with no changes in these positions and went on to say that they would be adding an assistant coach and an assistant GM? Being totally cash strapped, where is the money coming from to fund these positions? If Lukowich wins the lawsuit that he has levied against this franchise, where is the money coming from to fund that? The player's operating budget has already been cut right back, so it seems there in not much more they can claw back there? Season ticket sales will likely continue to plummet again this season? There is no revenue sharing from the venue, Enmax gets it all. McNaughton also stated that "the corporate market in Lethbridge is tapped out" and they need to now focus on the small businesses for more support? Good luck with that!

You know, the funny thing here is that either the manager/head coach, or anyone else for that matter, has yet to be accountable or even accept any responsibility for the total lack of success of the on ice product last season or the entire franchise? It's like it never happened? Listened to the whole 1hr council address again last night, McNaughton sounded totally un-informed and lost as he stumbled and fumbled through his thoughts and words? Personally, I do not believe that there is any type of business plan, marketing plan or for that matter, GAME plan for the upcoming season or beyond and from some of the councillors questions and comments, it didn't really sound like they really believed that there was one either? I am fully expecting next season to be even worse than the one we just finished because there really is not one single shred of optimistic information available, at least none that I've seen or heard? Likely the WHL will be represented at the AGM and if they don't like what they hear, hopefully they will act immediately and don't kid yourself, when this franchise is finally deemed for sale, there will be lots of interest by people that have the money and the expertise, thats a fore sure!
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy

Quote Originally Posted by sid75 View Post
    The BOD will never initiate or even suggest the sale of this franchise because that is not within their mandate, they are put in place by the shareholders and act only on behalf of the shareholders so the fate of this franchise rests solely with the shareholders. Again, Robison was crystal clear on what needs to take place in order to turn this franchise around, "better management/leadership of hockey operations" he said it several times and the direct response from McNaughton was that there will be no change made at either of the manager/coaching positions and that the team will move forward next season with no changes in these positions and went on to say that they would be adding an assistant coach and an assistant GM? Being totally cash strapped, where is the money coming from to fund these positions? If Lukowich wins the lawsuit that he has levied against this franchise, where is the money coming from to fund that? The player's operating budget has already been cut right back, so it seems there in not much more they can claw back there? Season ticket sales will likely continue to plummet again this season? There is no revenue sharing from the venue, Enmax gets it all. McNaughton also stated that "the corporate market in Lethbridge is tapped out" and they need to now focus on the small businesses for more support? Good luck with that!

You know, the funny thing here is that either the manager/head coach, or anyone else for that matter, has yet to be accountable or even accept any responsibility for the total lack of success of the on ice product last season or the entire franchise? It's like it never happened? Listened to the whole 1hr council address again last night, McNaughton sounded totally un-informed and lost as he stumbled and fumbled through his thoughts and words? Personally, I do not believe that there is any type of business plan, marketing plan or for that matter, GAME plan for the upcoming season or beyond and from some of the councillors questions and comments, it didn't really sound like they really believed that there was one either? I am fully expecting next season to be even worse than the one we just finished because there really is not one single shred of optimistic information available, at least none that I've seen or heard? Likely the WHL will be represented at the AGM and if they don't like what they hear, hopefully they will act immediately and don't kid yourself, when this franchise is finally deemed for sale, there will be lots of interest by people that have the money and the expertise, thats a fore sure!
    According to the super fans known as heckler's row they feel very positive and have everyone's back. We'll be just fine. Just stay positive everyone.
    It's like a circle jerk franchise. All the buffoons just stroking each other off all day and patting each other on the back.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

9. Default

If I was a potential buyer, I would want the franchise to be devalued as low as possible and have the W take over. Let this current group negotiate out a long term deal with the City and get then get the franchise on the cheap. Clearly the W wants a sustainable team in Lethbridge and could work a cheap deal with the correct people to make it happen.
    Really sad that careers of players are being tossed aside just to have a community owned team.
    I think it just a matter of time until the W takes over and new owners are in place. Especially if the 750 loss last season is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    If I was a potential buyer, I would want the franchise to be devalued as low as possible and have the W take over. Let this current group negotiate out a long term deal with the City and get then get the franchise on the cheap. Clearly the W wants a sustainable team in Lethbridge and could work a cheap deal with the correct people to make it happen.
    Really sad that careers of players are being tossed aside just to have a community owned team.
    I think it just a matter of time until the W takes over and new owners are in place. Especially if the 750 loss last season is correct.
    That's correct! I would say that the lack of knowledge and direction became crystal clear to the city council during the yearly Cane's address, that coupled with the the league's (Robison) stated position and expectation, the fact that Lukowich named violations of mandated coaching protocol and the current financial state of affairs, if Lukowich wins, the league will not look kindly on coaching violations or the current financial status. The likelihood of the current ownership group's ability to fulfil a longterm agreed obligation for the venue has to also be a big consideration, maybe that's why they have postponed this agreement until they can negotiate with credible ownership? No matter what, something is going to give here soon, as it is highly unlikely that the WHL or the City will deal with this debacle to much longer? With not much goodwill currently attached to this franchise, the new owner will get it for the mandated franchise price plus outstanding monies owed, very simple, very standard.

**If the City decides not to enter into a long term agreement with the current ownership group, that in itself would be enough to trigger the sale of the franchise, pretty hard to have a franchise with no barn to play in? LOL
    Last edited by sid75; 05-14-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not. But, we will all be judged by only one thing, the result. - Vincent Lombardy