Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1091

Thread: 13-14 Roster

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Giorgio Estephan with 16 points in his past 11 games!
    Well done, young man.
    Is there actually some light at the end of the tunnel? Giorgio, Stuart, and Jordy. Maybe, just maybe.
    No reason Jordy shouldn’t sign with the change of staff that doesn’t stifle offence. I also would add E. King to that list.
    Hope scouts can look past Giorgio’s past production and evaluate from the coaching change on.

  2. #1072
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    lethbridge
    Posts
    1,103

    Default white and burke also..........

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Giorgio Estephan with 16 points in his past 11 games!
    Well done, young man.
    Is there actually some light at the end of the tunnel? Giorgio, Stuart, and Jordy. Maybe, just maybe.
    depending on how our new pickup pan out, if Jordy does sign all it would take is adding a good 20 forward next year and this team could be a middle of the pack sort of thing,i don't see any reason to mess with the blueline next year..allan from smallthoughtatlarge says Wesley has scored everywhere he has played so who knows...even the euro draft if smart bring back paval and do what the hat did bring in a older euro that can help now....
    GO CANES GO.................

  3. #1073

    Default Bellerive

    Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    No reason Jordy shouldn’t sign with the change of staff that doesn’t stifle offence. I also would add E. King to that list.
    Hope scouts can look past Giorgio’s past production and evaluate from the coaching change on.
    It would seem Bellerive is the real deal and then some. His team just took part in the Kelowna International Elite Midget Tournament which involved 12 teams. As a 15 yr old in this tournament, which features a lot of 16 and 17 year olds, JORDY WAS THE LEADING GOAL SCORER with 8 goals. For comparison, the next 2 highest goal scorers only had 5 and 6 goals. No one else had more than 4. Another way to look at is he scored twice as many goals as everyone else in the tournament, except those 2 other players. Bellerive finished tied for 5th overall in scoring with Tak Anholt of all people.

    Those are some pretty damn good numbers for Bellerive. How are the Canes going to get this kid's name on a contract?

    To make it even sweeter, the Lethbridge Hurricane AAA Midgets won the tournament in a fairly big upset. Pretty awesome for those kids.
    .
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-12-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

  4. #1074
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    Congratulations to the AAA Lethbridge Midgets. Could things really be turning around in this city? It's been some pretty lean years at all levels of hockey. University, Major Junior, Midgets, and Bantams.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

    Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

  5. #1075
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Congratulations to the AAA Lethbridge Midgets. Could things really be turning around in this city? It's been some pretty lean years at all levels of hockey. University, Major Junior, Midgets, and Bantams.
    Yah they beat POE, OHA and Yale, all big money Hockey Academy schools, and the Saskatoon Contacts. They also played with a really short bench as they had 5 scratches due to injury in the semi final and final. Anholt was a non factor in the final (he did score in the shoot out though) not bad for having only one WHL listed player on the whole team.

  6. #1076
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    607

    Default Listed player(s)

    which one are you referring to as a listed player? They basically rolled with 4 dmen who played a ton, and shut down all of the "high offence" academy schools, along with some great tending. As they were missing 6 regulars, and had 1 affiliate player with them. Losing game 1 in a shootout, and winning the last two in a shoot out 1-0 and 2-1. Game 2 was a bit of a blow out 5-1. Were considered to be a non-factor my most at the tourney going in, but proved to be a tough opponent. Congrats to them. They also had a decent showing at the Mac's earlier, with a 2-2 record, 1 loss to the eventual tournament winner in PG. A real under-rated, fun team to watch, if you haven't yet, take one of their games.
    vc124

  7. #1077
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    which one are you referring to as a listed player? They basically rolled with 4 dmen who played a ton, and shut down all of the "high offence" academy schools, along with some great tending. As they were missing 6 regulars, and had 1 affiliate player with them. Losing game 1 in a shootout, and winning the last two in a shoot out 1-0 and 2-1. Game 2 was a bit of a blow out 5-1. Were considered to be a non-factor my most at the tourney going in, but proved to be a tough opponent. Congrats to them. They also had a decent showing at the Mac's earlier, with a 2-2 record, 1 loss to the eventual tournament winner in PG. A real under-rated, fun team to watch, if you haven't yet, take one of their games.
    I'm pretty sure Miller is the only kid on the midgets on a WHL protected list. You gotta think teams have to be looking at Newman as well, they could very well be the top pairing in Alberta and shut down some pretty high end scorers in Kelowna.
    Last edited by Derek Sutton; 01-14-2015 at 02:11 PM.

  8. #1078
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lethbridge
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    I'm pretty sure Miller is the only kid on the midgets on a WHL protected list. You gotta think teams have to be looking at Newman as well, they could very well be the top pairing in Alberta and shut down some pretty high end scorers in Kelowna.
    He is for sure, but I think Brewin might be listed by the Oilkings, I could be wrong, but he did fill in for them as a back up last year when they came to town. Weersink also backed up the Canes when Skinner was at U-17. After Mac's a few of them were listed by MJHL and SJHL teams as well. Kostalanski (sp) was drafted a couple years back, but I don;t think he is listed with anyone currently. That will should change based on how things play out for the rest of their season. Would be nice to see some of these hard working kids play their way onto a team somewhere.
    vc124

  9. #1079

    Default

    An excellent run by the Lethbridge boys. I'm sure there are a few spots available on this team based on the number of prospects that have not yet signed?! Wonder how long it will be until we get an answer on what Bellerive will be doing next year. He will be playing jr somewhere, whether it be Major Jr or Jr A in BC. Any news on the board meeting that is supposed to happen early this year????

  10. #1080

    Default

    I was at the game between the Canes and Rebels and although I'm a Rebels fan , I have to say that Lethbridge played a great game. It was a hard fought battle and there seems to be energy and enthusiasm on the bench. As a jr hockey fan , that is good to see , especially after the tough time this team has been through. Anholt is the right guy at the right time to turn things around for this club and if this continues there is no reason for prospects not to sign.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •