Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Cold Conrad committed to play for Andy Murray in NCAA today
    So has former pick Mason Blacklock. Not that he was ever going to play for the Canes but he is off to college next year and is playing for the Vernon Vipers this year.
    It happens. Canes will be fine.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Calgary just traded 20 year old Dman Kosterman for a 4th and a 6th. That seems like a real good return. If Galbraith could fetch that return would you trade him?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

14th overall Evan Fiala has been reassigned and he was chosen 4 spots ahead of Lenchyshyn so there are other first round picks that won't make the opening night squad. Not the end of the world I suppose.

4. Default

Is Olynek injured?

Default no i wouldn't............

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Calgary just traded 20 year old Dman Kosterman for a 4th and a 6th. That seems like a real good return. If Galbraith could fetch that return would you trade him?
    he is far more affective on the back end then derko is up front..tonight derko blended in...the big question is why get rid of ramsey if he has a hell off a lot more offensive up side then derko, why keep a guy around as a 20 just for toughness..let an 18/19 do it through a trade...good game tonight by the canes, its one of the only times I seen the tig's give up in the third....also seen a wheat kings scout at the game tonight, Wednesday night exhibition game makes a person wonder what is up.......ps...still like this kennedy kid, he fits in seamlessly as a 16year old.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    he is far more affective on the back end then derko is up front..tonight derko blended in...the big question is why get rid of ramsey if he has a hell off a lot more offensive up side then derko, why keep a guy around as a 20 just for toughness..let an 18/19 do it through a trade...good game tonight by the canes, its one of the only times I seen the tig's give up in the third....also seen a wheat kings scout at the game tonight, Wednesday night exhibition game makes a person wonder what is up.......ps...still like this kennedy kid, he fits in seamlessly as a 16year old.....
    Derko has all the tools. He's big, can skate like the wind, is the fittest player from testing, can shoot the puck a hundred miles an hour, can fight, is a leader, and seems to be liked by his teammates. The only problem is that he can't play the game very well. Can we overlook that little conundrum?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    I would, Derko may have blended in on his first game but he brings the intangibles. For me you want the 20’s to teach leadership, fitness, toughness and be one of the hardest workers. I was impressed by Spencers play last night and hope he can get us more of a return. I just think Derko is clearly a better leader especially after last season. Derko wasn’t overly physical and shouldn’t be in a preseason game, keep healthy for the opener.
    All three rookie d-men impressed me. Not sure who I would keep especially if the Euro can play.

I expect to see a trade or two in the next week. Either players heading out for picks or else a 3 out/2 in or a 2 out/1 in type scenario. We just have too many able bodies and not enough ice time.
    What is this team's identity? If the identity involves an edginess then Derko and Galbraith have to stay. If it is speed and skill then Ramsay has to stay.
    Robson has some difficult and very important decisions to make. I'm sure he's working the phone.
    I think you have to find a role for Amson. I've been really impressed with his size and speed and effort. This kid has come in and won a spot IMO. He'll only get better with that work ethic.

I attended the game and saw some good things. What concerns me is that we should have blown the tigers out of the water..... they are missing half their team. Duke and Ramsay looked great. Tai played very well. I didn't think Kennedy had a great game - looked nervous and uncomfortable with his passed and puck time. Couldn't wait to get rid of it and stood there stunned in the scrum. Will be a good player though. Henry looked calm as a cucumber and was impressive. Derko didn't have a great game either - sloppy passes and slower than he was in camp. Maybe he is tired. Gailbreth certainly played with an edge but we lost the offensive edge too often because he'd shoot into a pack of players instead of passing to either the other D or into the corner. Maxwell doesn't seem to have the jump he had last year - hopefully its just an anomoly. Jensen had a good game, pretty solid and stood up for himself. Watson still has the speed when he wants to turn it on, liked that he was back checking. Loved the involvement the coaches had on the bench and on the ice. I would think trimming of the roster will happen this weekend - hope to see the Russian and Boes soon!

Default either way you slice it...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Derko has all the tools. The only problem is that he can't play the game very well. Can we overlook that little conundrum?
    the canes need players that can contribute, . I like derko but match him up against valk and there's no comparison, leader or not next time the hat roles into town with a full boat there will be a difference.....I think the canes have two options here : one, keep that derko type player allow the the team to learn the new systems and teach the the youngster all the traits of a leader : two. pull the trigger, trade some of the overflowing young talent we have and put a few pieces in place that are needed to do well this year and beyond...there's no mystery here, the **** is going to hit the fan if there's no playoff hockey this year and robson knows it.....hence, option two....imo...
    GO CANES GO.................