Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Funny you should bring that up. We had a few guests over this evening and the same topic was discussed. While keeping in mind that this is just the pre-season and therefore it is tough to accurately judge how Hogue and Tai will perform when the two points are on the line it was agreed by all that we would be comfortable seeing them get the opportunity. Both young men are performing exceptionally well and have paid some dues already.

I am not sure what Robson could get for Boes but I think he is worth shopping around. Having said that we all agreed as well that despite how well Galbraith is playing we aren't sure it is fair that he has a roster spot on this team. I wouldn't mind seeing both these two 20s shopped around.

Default futures..............

I think players for picks is getting to the point where the security that 20year old brings to the team is more valuable then the pick we receive.. the canes are fairly deep in young talent and have all there picks for next years (thanks to robson in this years draft) so holding on to a veteran tender will probably be the norm to ensure playoff success or even playoffs for that matter. first off the canes are playing teams that have more than a few veterans away at camp and second, do you trust the back end to two tender with a whopping 16 games of whl experience between them or pass on the 3rd round pick and keep the 20 year old with 117 reg./14 playoff games.....that choice is fairly easy.....
    Last edited by shushu; 09-14-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Shushu is right. They will not be trading Boes. A better debate in my opinion is what do they do with Tai if they choose Hogue as the backup?

Would you trade Boes and your 2014 1st round pick back to Bdn for Clague now? There is no way that Brandon would do that though, Clague is unbelievable, the best dman at camp (admittedly Walters, Pulock and Roy are all away), but he is the first guy on the ice for PP and PK, could play in the league as a top 4 dman at 15, no problem.
    I would think Boes is not worth what Chevaldae and Rimmer cost, maybe more what Whistle cost, but the trouble is, the price for OA's is usually less than whay you're wanting to get.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Would you trade Boes and your 2014 1st round pick back to Bdn for Clague now? There is no way that Brandon would do that though, Clague is unbelievable, the best dman at camp (admittedly Walters, Pulock and Roy are all away), but he is the first guy on the ice for PP and PK, could play in the league as a top 4 dman at 15, no problem.
    I would think Boes is not worth what Chevaldae and Rimmer cost, maybe more what Whistle cost, but the trouble is, the price for OA's is usually less than whay you're wanting to get.
    Clague is playing midget this year so stop asking! Hahahahaha
    They Canes have a lot of problems right now and they are all good ones.
    Too many capable goalies
    Too many capable defensemen
    Too many capable forwards
    Too many prospects knocking on the door

Good times
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Time for a debate... I'm happy with either solution but what do you folks think??

Most of us here have debated the immediate future of Ramsey, Derko, and Galbraith... but what about the 4th overager?

The reason I bring this up is that the Canes have Tai and Hogue who have put up stellar numbers in the pre-season... the club gives up 30-40+ shots and these two guys still earn the win with a .900+ save percentage!!

Both guys will continue to improve.... Jeff Battah is no doubt a high end goalie coach/teacher to any goalie the Canes keep...

So if... IF... the first 3 guys are only "worth" a 5th round pick or so, but then some team offers the Canes a 1st round pick (or an even better deal, maybe two high draft picks) for Boes, what do you think Robson should do?

Looking at other goalie trades...
    Regina gave up a 4th round pick for a 19 yr old who's yet to play a full season in the WHL, only 7 career games... (Dawson McCauley)
    Kelowna gave up a 3rd round pick for it's backup last season (Jackson Whistle)
    Leth gave up a 2nd and 3rd round pick for overage Ty Rimmer
    and the most recent big goalie trade...
    PA gave up a 1st AND a 5th round pick for overage Cole Cheveldave

I know a BIG price was paid for Boes but there are a couple teams who need a top goalie at the moment and may make a huge offer...

I'm excited to watch Boes in Leth... but what do you all think?

GO CANES GO
    Boes just received his new Hurricane mask which ensures he is going nowhere, right?
    The idea that Boes is traded for that return doesn't seem realistic.
    That PA trade was an anomoly. No one quite gets it. Kind of like....
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Default time for you to move on..............

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    were happy with the trade, it seem you have nothing better to do than to come on here and ramble on about this ..."you want clague back you cant have him"...who cares about clague, the canes are hopefully moving forward and you should be doing the same.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Clague is playing midget this year so stop asking! Hahahahaha
    They Canes have a lot of problems right now and they are all good ones.
    Too many capable goalies
    Too many capable defensemen
    Too many capable forwards
    Too many prospects knocking on the door

Good times
    Yup, both teams have good times ahead. But now that your other 2 goalies are playing well, would you trade Boes back to Brandon with your 2014 1st rounder for Clague?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default problem solved...............

Hurricanes Release Harper & Galbraith..
    http://canesbroadcaster.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    Hurricanes Release Harper & Galbraith..
    http://canesbroadcaster.blogspot.ca/
    Clearly no team was offering anything at all for either one of these two. Does this mean they are off the 50PPL? On to the next stage.
    This roster is about to take shape and the identity and roles will quickly be known and a great season can unfold.
    The door is no longer ajar!