Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Tyler Wong to this date is the best player we have!
    He is certainly easy to cheer for. I think given the opportunity that he can run with it. He has the skill and that hockey sense to go with his new found fitness commitment. His hands are incredibly good and he can stick handle I'm a phone booth.
    Nice to see him getting those results.
    Going back to last season he has 5 goals and 2 assists and a +4 in his last 8 regular season games.
    Last edited by Bocephus; 09-29-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Axel has signed an ELC with the Jets!
    Good for him but it sickens me. I wish they could send him to the AHL so I wouldn't have to watch him anymore. I know I'm not the only one in my section that feels this way.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Default Canes vs Hitmen

Yes, I know it is only the first week or two of the season, but tonight’s game against the Hitmen is a very important game for the Hurricanes. For the Canes to make the playoffs this year they must defeat teams within their own Division.

Also, it is important for the team to start to build confidence in their ability to beat teams like the Ice, Oil Kings and Hitmen. While they lost to Kootenay in the shootout, they did defeat the Oil Kings so the Canes earned 3 out of 4 points in their last two games against divisional opponents. With a win against Calgary tonight the team will have earned 5 out of 6 points against divisional opponents. Those are the kind of results that this team needs to have to make the playoffs.

While this is general statement, the cold hard facts are the Hurricanes need to cut down the other teams shots on goal by about 20 shots a game. That is no small challenge. If they continue to get outshot massively every game, the odds say they are going to have a losing record. If they outshoot Calgary tonight and still lose the game, that could almost be considered a positive outcome.

A victory over the Hitties tonight would be a huge morale booster for this team.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default they did alright for the first half..............

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Yes, I know it is only the first week or two of the season, but tonight’s game against the Hitmen is a very important game for the Hurricanes. For the Canes to make the playoffs this year they must defeat teams within their own Division.

Also, it is important for the team to start to build confidence in their ability to beat teams like the Ice, Oil Kings and Hitmen. While they lost to Kootenay in the shootout, they did defeat the Oil Kings so the Canes earned 3 out of 4 points in their last two games against divisional opponents. With a win against Calgary tonight the team will have earned 5 out of 6 points against divisional opponents. Those are the kind of results that this team needs to have to make the playoffs.

While this is general statement, the cold hard facts are the Hurricanes need to cut down the other teams shots on goal by about 20 shots a game. That is no small challenge. If they continue to get outshot massively every game, the odds say they are going to have a losing record. If they outshoot Calgary tonight and still lose the game, that could almost be considered a positive outcome.

A victory over the Hitties tonight would be a huge morale booster for this team.
    problem was when Calgary turned up the heat the canes were out played..
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Shots?

Calgary took over the game, in the third. Also, the goals that Boes let in were kind of weak. Made a lot of really great saves, but the last two goals were really soft. Is Duke hurt?
    vc124

Thought #9 played a heck of a game as well as the tender didn't let a soft one in. Meyer also looked great. Might have robbed PA in that trade. Leverton hasn't even scored yet.
    If it wasn't for the league conspiring against the good guys with that video review the boys would have hung a loss on the Hitmen.
    Can't beat the refs, the hitmen and the league when they conspire against us little guys that can.
    That's fine though. It's a long season.

Leverton has 3 goals & an assist for PA since the trade

8. Default How long until this "System" works

This is uninspiring hockey with what looks to me like players being scared to make a mistake. Or they may be a healthy scratch next game. If the “system” is more discipline and conditioning that’s great but what style of hockey is this because we have multiple players that have proven to be play makers for multiple seasons with minimal or no points? I have been patient for four non playoff teams and have seen more exciting hockey than this with much less talent and apparently a terrible coach. Guess it’s a process.
    On a positive note I loved the near fight between the coaches by far the most exciting part of the game.
    Going to get chastised for this but I think for this staffs Style to work we need to trade the premier offence player for the large premier defensive type. When Duke gets better will he be able to showcase his potential? If not he’s got to be worth a boat load for a team with a different “system”?

Default no soft goals?

last two, weak backhand from Jones, didn't move, and they were shooting short side all night, at least 3 of the 4 (# 5ruled goal but not a goal) were scored short side with no screen. I call that soft. They Hitmen had a plan with Boes, curious to see if other teams have the same strategy with him. Power play did do well though.
    vc124

Default Vs Calgary

I thought that Maxwell was along for a ride last night. He would be the next Vet that I would sit ! Pilon is struggling .Still sick??? Boes looked good early on , and then after they allowed that goal , seemed to be disintrested !(I think we got robbed on that one!) the I am not a huge Wong fan , but I thought he was one of our best players on the ice last night! Love the line of Amson,Derko,Meyer!! Defence looks very slow , not sure how many times the Calgary forwards beat our dmen around the outside !