Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by localguy View Post
    last two, weak backhand from Jones, didn't move, and they were shooting short side all night, at least 3 of the 4 (# 5ruled goal but not a goal) were scored short side with no screen. I call that soft. They Hitmen had a plan with Boes, curious to see if other teams have the same strategy with him. Power play did do well though.
    So he stopped 40 of 44 shots. That a good save percentage against probably the best team in the league. Can't blame him. Can't blame the team at all. Just a bounce here or there and we get the win.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default boes......

rissling shot found the net through 5 people, jones shot off the post and in, I mean jesus couldn't stop that one and padakin shot reminded me of rimmer where he let and easy one past him and its going to happen....from what I seen last night there is a good system in place but making the team stick to it for 60 minutes is the task at hand..they played very well for 35 minutes then reverted back to dump and chase hockey when Calgary turned up the heat...I can see a major trade up coming if this does not improve......
    GO CANES GO.................

Wow. Canes appeal denied by IIHF regarding Khenkel. Says 14 is the legal age to sign a contract. Was really looking forward to him playing here...

Default here's something for all of us............

off of pats site..
    Hurricanes President to Address Southern Alberta Council on Public Affairs ..
    and it only 11 dollars to here how to ruin a franchise in 5 years or less...the theme is how to be .... competitive, viable and respected, speakers are McNaughton and Wichers.....WOW......either way I'm going in the hope's that somebody slips up and give away the secret of the 11 herbs and spices, then I can make my own chicken and say farewell to the Colonel.....

recipe
    — 1 teaspoon ground oregano
    — 1 teaspoon chili powder
    — 1 teaspoon ground sage
    — 1 teaspoon dried basil
    — 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
    — 1 teaspoon pepper
    — 2 teaspoons salt
    — 2 tablespoons paprika
    — 1 teaspoon onion salt
    — 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    — 2 tablespoons Accent

Now you don't have too spend your hard earned money. You're welcome.

Now, that Khenkel situation sucks. It sucks for the player himself who had committed to the Canes completely. It sucks for the team as they get nothing for the pick they spent on the player but it really sucks because the team now has to scramble to get a replacement somehow for that defensemen spot.

What do they do?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Default thanks, problem solved......

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    recipe
    — 1 teaspoon ground oregano
    — 1 teaspoon chili powder
    — 1 teaspoon ground sage
    — 1 teaspoon dried basil
    — 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
    — 1 teaspoon pepper
    — 2 teaspoons salt
    — 2 tablespoons paprika
    — 1 teaspoon onion salt
    — 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    — 2 tablespoons Accent

Now you don't have too spend your hard earned money. You're welcome.

Now, that Khenkel situation sucks. It sucks for the player himself who had committed to the Canes completely. It sucks for the team as they get nothing for the pick they spent on the player but it really sucks because the team now has to scramble to get a replacement somehow for that defensemen spot.

What do they do?
    I don't think one dman will be the issue, we seem to have lot's. I can see more of a 3 for 3 trade coming in the near future to address current problems..if the boys don't start putting in 60 minutes it time to shake thing up and get kids that will.........

Default Something I posted on the "54 Message Board"

Something I posted on the "54 Message Board" in response to another post on there. I will repost it here as most sane people do not read the "54 Message Board".

The Reinhart vs Virtanen debate. It will be very interesting to see how that all works out in the end.

Reinhart, Sam Nov 6 1995
    2013-14 Kootenay Ice 5 3 9 12
    2012-13 Kootenay Ice 72 35 50 85
    2011-12 Kootenay Ice 67 28 34 62

Virtanen, Jake Aug 17 1996
    2013-14 Calgary Hitmen 4 1 2 3
    2012-13 Calgary Hitmen 62 16 18 34

Because of Reinhart's late date of birth, exact comparisons are difficult. If Sam was born just 6 weeks earlier, he would have gone in last years draft. In effect he has almost a full years age advantage on Virtanen. Having said that, a quick glance at their stats for this year shows they are not even close. Reinhart has 12 points to 3 for Jake.

On a somewhat related topic, I remember about 2 years ago you and I were discussing Virtanen vs Ryan Pilon. Pilon (Oct 10 1996) is a late birthday just like Virtanen and as such they fall into the same draft year etc. Virtanen went #1 overall and Pilon went #3 in the 2011 bantam draft. At a quick glance, there would appear to be no chance that Pilon comes close to Virtanen in talent or draft position.

I just want to state that Pilon is a fantastic D-man, as evidenced by his selection to the U-18 (or U-17 or whatever it was)Canadian National Team. Pilon has been hindered by some misfortunes along the way. Last year he was sidelined for about 10 games early in his very first season by a concussion. His numbers were still very respectable (57 5 23 28) and he was one of the best D-man we had as a 16 year old. Don't forget Pilon had to play for the gong show that was the Rich Preston Hurricanes.

This year Pilon had mono and missed all of training camp and the preseason, yet he is our best D-man. The kid is a pure blue chipper who had the triple misfortune of injury, illness and worst of all, playing for the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

I don't think there is any chance that Reinhart does not go in the top 5, and Virtanen in the top 10. Pilon, who knows. The Canes puppet masters may have changed, but to date the results are the same old same old. Hard for a kid on a lousy team to show his true talent.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 10-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Until this team makes defence the first priority the results will remain the same. 30 goals against in 6 games is embarrassing.
    Time for changes. A change in culture needs to happen.
    Where is the accountability that was promised? Derko, Yakubowski and Maxwell were particularly awful and should sit. Don't let the two goals fool you from those two.
    That first goal was a direct result of #7's defensive indifference. He was covering for the point man and then completely bailed when it was time to defend. What a joke.
    Also, I can't watch anymore miscue's by Topping. He's friggin brutal. He is good for about 4 brain farts a game.

Rant done
    Last edited by Bocephus; 10-06-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Default Nick Merkley (Jay's younger brother) is the WHL Player of the Week.

Kelowna Rockets’ 16-year-old rookie forward Nick Merkley is the Denny’s WHL Player of the Week for the week ending October 6, 2013. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this. In their respective draft years, everybody said Jay was the better player, and the numbers etc seemed to support that. Shows you what a good coach and a top notch organization can do for a players career.

I know most people feel these young kids should just be happy to be in the WHL, regardless of which team picked them. I disagree. If my kid was drafted by the Hurricanes, I would hold out for a trade. Of the half dozen or more supposedly can't miss players the Canes have drafted these last 3 or 4 years, tell me if one player that has bettered his career by playing here.

http://www.whl.ca/article/merkley-de...er-of-the-week
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 10-07-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default you hit the nail on the head.......

even jay for that matter, who knows where he'd be at this point is he was taken by tricities or Portland....its a shame that this town cant seem to put a winning team together more than a few years out of 10...as for clague and those type of players I would advise my son the same way.....go where you have the best shot......