Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Default if memory serve me well...............

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    A few posts up someone commented on the amount of defensemen returning. My question is, where does a guy like Sayers fit in at 17 or would he be a player poised to return to AAA as his Prince Albert Mintos are hosting the Western Regional Tournament.
    sayers was one of the last few cut in camp last year and look really good to me...with johnston and blumquist gone it hard to tell, he might have a spot next year............imo...
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I disagree with your analysis of the Rimmer trade. When that trade was made, and ever since then, I and most Canes fans who know our situation think that was a really good trade. I could go on and on about the reasons that trade was good for the Canes, but I won't. It was worth the 2nd & 3rd round picks and then some.

You guys were lucky to get Lanigan when you did but Lethbridge needed certainty in the net, and not a hope and a prayer.
    Your right the Tigers were extremely lucky to aquire a good goalie for cheap.

I think regardless of what the Tigers did, aquiring a 20yr old for those picks is poor long-term planning because its essentially a band-aid. But I think its still a huge mistake because if its your 4th year of a 5 year rebuild, 1. You should have goalies in the system through the Bantam Draft/Recruiting

2. It may be hard to see if because that 2nd and 3rd round pick you won't see untill 4-5 years down the road but in 4-5 years its likely that will produce at least 1 whl player the canes won't have in a couple years.

If it was a young 16/17 year old goalie with potential I'd say yes it would be a good deal, because you get a few years off him but for a 1 year guy its just a band-aid and those short-term bandaids hurt a team in the long run.

That how teams like Medicine Hat, Calgary, Kelowna etc stay at the top year after year, they squeeze value out of everything. They aquire 5th round picks for players not good enough to make their team, then use those picks to aquire overagers back if needed, and trust their scouts to go for gems in the deep Like Emerson Etem, Miles Koules. etc.

Rimmer is a good goalie and i like him. I know he just signed a deal in the AHL with the Manchester Monarchs.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

I gotta think that Rimmer having a melt-down on RP in the Calgary game played into RP getting fired. Showed that the team had given up on him. Therefore, the Rimmer trade was worth it.

Now that RP is gone, what are the chances that Spencer Galbraith comes back to play his 20 yr old season in Leth? The Canes could definately use a right hand D-man as well as another overager. A couple people have suggested that RP was the main reason that Galbraith left the club for the AJHL. I'm sure most would welcome him back to Leth!

Default the weird thing is............

why not a trade then with spencer, why go down unless his family was the real reason for leaving, preston or not......

Default one more thing..........

was listening to robson interveiw with pat and the name chase phelps was brought up.......look like he has some talent, would be nice for the canes to pick some kids out of minasota instead of them landing in the hat or van....must be the same kid....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNBToZGUIbw
    Last edited by shushu; 04-09-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    why not a trade then with spencer, why go down unless his family was the real reason for leaving, preston or not......
    Exactly, the club felt there was a chance he would return.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Now that RP is gone, what are the chances that Spencer Galbraith comes back to play his 20 yr old season in Leth? The Canes could definately use a right hand D-man as well as another overager. A couple people have suggested that RP was the main reason that Galbraith left the club for the AJHL. I'm sure most would welcome him back to Leth!
    I don't know who would want him back. In talking with a few of the players a couple of weeks after it happened, you know that having a teammate walk out on them is not something they forgive easily. They may be friends for years to come but it is unlikely they would welcome him back as a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    I don't know who would want him back. In talking with a few of the players a couple of weeks after it happened, you know that having a teammate walk out on them is not something they forgive easily. They may be friends for years to come but it is unlikely they would welcome him back as a teammate.
    I would tend to agree with you unless there really was a family issue he had to deal with.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default robson has to be a keeper.....................

it been 5/6 days and not one bad thing to say about him from moon...j/k