Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

There are a lot of connections with this deal...

Drake used to be an Asst Coach in the St Louis Blues organization (Doug Armstrong is the GM)... the same team that owns the rights of Walters...

Robson used to work for the Dallas Stars with/for Armstrong... I believe both worked together for the Stars for over 20 years... Armstrong later as the GM...

As said during Pat's interview with Robson last weekend... Walters got assurance from Armstrong that he would do fine in Lethbridge under Robson and Drake's systems...

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I agree he was #2 on Bdn, but that's not saying much when you see the WK's d-men!! Green is the worst by far! Hunter has gotten better, Roy has regressed
    We are pretty much on the same page lol.
    A # 2 is all relative to who you have at #1 and # 3. It will be interesting to see where Pilon slots in on the depth chart. Probably still # 2 (in Walters spot) but he is only 17 so you never know.

how big is Tanner Browne? Canes release said 6 foot and 198 pounds.
    Just saw this tweet with his current team in the Okanagan that says 5'9" and 186 pounds.
    @josty_17: Big shoutout to @madsdeutscher for having the team roster in her binder #dedication http://t.co/bKhs4WkTkQ
    Tweet included the roster printout.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    how big is Tanner Browne? Canes release said 6 foot and 198 pounds. Just saw this tweet with his current team in the Okanagan that says 5'9" and 186 pounds..
    His POE Bantam team in 2011 had him at 5'10" 180lbs. In the 2012 WHL draft he is listed at 5'11" and 200lbs. That draft was 1 1/2 yrs ago so if anything, he should have grown and not shrunk...hehe. Also from the Canes announcement:

"Browne was Brandon’s 2nd round (35th overall) pick in the 2012 draft and at the time was recognized for his size, physical play and skating ability"

I sure hope he is not 5'9'' tall.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 11-19-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    His POE Bantam team in 2011 had him at 5'10" 180lbs. In the 2012 WHL draft he is listed at 5'11" and 200lbs. That draft was 1 1/2 yrs ago so if anything, he should have grown and not shrunk...hehe. Also from the Canes announcement:

"Browne was Brandon’s 2nd round (35th overall) pick in the 2012 draft and at the time was recognized for his size, physical play and skating ability"

I sure hope he is not 5'9'' tall.
    I bet he's close to 6'0". He's physical, expect Gabrielle to fight him when they face each other, Gabrielle reinjured Browne's shoulder in a 2012 training camp fight, and wanted to fight him again in this years training camp, but Browne wisely steered clear. He should be a decent WHL defenceman imo.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Default bye bye bloomy!

Blomqvist traded to The Royals for a 4th and an 8th rounder in this years draft.

No way
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    Blomqvist traded to The Royals for a 4th and an 8th rounder in this years draft.
    Trade confirmed on Hurricane's website. Basically they gave him away.

I'm reading that fans don't think that was enough of a return. For me this feels like the first 'win' for Robson.
    The only bad part is that the organization wasn't able to develop him at all. That's nothing new though.
    Just happy to see him go and wish him well. He wasn't succeeding here so everyone moves on.
    Clearly need to choose a high end import with next springs 3rd overall import pick. Let's see where Khenkel performs when he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Clearly need to choose a high end import with next springs 3rd overall import pick..
    Who we choose is not as important as how much $$$$$ it costs to get them here. Make damn sure the blackmail fee is affordable.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.