Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Default The Canes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilersguy View Post
    I made a promise to my self that when the Canes win 2 in a row, I'd go to another game, looks like I'm buying some tickets to the next home game. :-)
    They have also won the last 3 out of 4 games so maybe you need to go to the next 3 games...heheh. No matter that they gave up an average of 50 shots in their last 3 games.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Good to see

Giorgio Estephan and team Pacific making it to the final 4 of the 2014 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge. If they win tonight against Russia they are in the Gold medal game.

Estephan is doing really good and is 4th in team scoring. In 4 games he has 2 goals and 2 assists.

You can watch the game live at 4:00 and for free at:

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/schedul...bseason=140901

Thank you for sharing this link.

A few tweets from today...

Guy Flaming @TPS_Guy
    If Dumba winds up in Portland, that could trigger a series of trades as teams respond to that. I also expect the 'Hawks to get Corbin Boes.
    Guy Flaming @TPS_Guy
    Laurencelle being traded from LTH is not a surprise. I'm told it was another player asking to be moved or he'd walk. 1 more still there?
    Kelly Friesen @KellyFriesen
    Three more names to watch as the WHL trade deadline approaches: Hurricanes' Riley Sheen, Americans' Connor Rankin and Blades' Graeme Craig
    WHL Insider @InsiderWHL
    Latest on the trade news.

5. Default

Boes is an interesting name, you would think Sacher would garner more interest, just because he does not take a Overage spot and he is a better keeper in my estimation. Boes Jekyll & Hyde type play, and the fact he is a 20yo that would be a backup on a team like Seattle and Portland seems to be a waste of a roster spot, also I feel bad for the 20 yo guy that ends up having to come to the train wreck. If he goes anywhere I bet its Seattle, Im pretty sure there is a red phone in the GM's office in Lethbridge that goes right to the GM's office in Seattle..

Surprise surprise that there are a lot of Lethbridge Players unhappy, Maxwell/Ramsay/Duke/Watson/Erkamps/Hackman are all players that have been around for a good portion of the continuing disaster we call a franchise.

The Canes really have only 2 options in my mind. Completely clean house, get rid of the rest of the players that have been here and maybe are bringing a losing attitude to this franchise (these are still very young men, and mentally its tough to win when all you know is losing at this point). Or be prepared to Suspend and literally sit on any roster player that wants out until they are ready to make a change of attitude.. At some point the reactionary nature of this GM's trading has to stop.

Default Central Scouting Mid-term rankings

Reid Duke comes in ranked 65th among North American Skaters.

Entering the rankings for the first time this season is 18-year old Taylor Cooper. The 6’0, 186 pound left winger from Sherwood Park is ranked 148th among North American skaters.

First, let me say that I realize Watson is a year older than the vast majority of the draft eligible prospects. If I was an NHL team, I would certainly take him in one of the later rounds. His speed is unreal and he has decent enough size and skill.

I would like to see how high Jamal might have been picked if he had some decent coaching and played on a top tier team.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-13-2014 at 05:11 PM.

As I posted on Pat's blog, congratulations to both Reid Duke and Taylor Cooper. We noted that the Medicine Hat Tigers, currently fourth place in the conference, did not place a player anywhere on the list. This is not meant as a bash to that organization but rather to make a point. It just goes to show you that you do not have to be on a top-placed team to be noticed. Win or lose, good work ethic and talent will shine through.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    It just goes to show you that you do not have to be on a top-placed team to be noticed. Win or lose, good work ethic and talent will shine through.
    I'm not so sure I agree with you. Jamal Watson's situation alone may prove you to be wrong. Another example is Nick Merkley playing with Kelowna. Do you really think he would have numbers like this playing with the Canes ... 37 11 20 31 +9 ... not a snowballs chance.

Do you not think Duke and others would be rated far higher if they played for Kelowna or Portland or Calgary?
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree with you. Jamal Watson's situation alone would prove you to be wrong. Another example is Nick Merkley playing with Kelowna. Do you really think he would have numbers like this playing with the Canes ... 37 11 20 31 +9 ... not a snowballs chance.

Do you not think Duke and others would be rated far higher if they played for Kelowna or Portland or Calgary.
    Based upon what our last years top scoring duo have done since being traded a top team, I am not sure that most of these guys would be getting the amount of ice they are currently receiving if they weren't playing in Lethbridge.
    vc124

Default sam/yak.......

are seattle checking line as I sad numerous time, I don't know of many checking line in this league that have the players putting up big numbers..i agree with HR though, given the chance to play in Calgary/Kelowna duke would be much higher in the rankings.watson could just be the results of preston as well as j merkley's time here...the one common denominator here is that lethbridge has this ability to kill young player careers...if you take a look at the drafting, development and coaching of this team i'm not sure anyone could give a single reason for this mess, its everything combined ....this is one major reason I'm happy clague is not coming to town....
    Last edited by shushu; 01-13-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................