Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    As well RNH is still listed with the Red Deer Rebels, I guess covering the butts should for some reason he get sent back? Seems like a waste of a spot to me.
    Players that are both signed by NHL teams and are playing pro, don't count towards the 50 man protected list.

Default Log Jam for Dmen next year

This is probably more of a blessing than a curse, but just take a peak at the possible guys playing on defense next year.

Galbraith-93
    Simpson-94
    Henry-94
    Hackman-95
    Erkamps-95
    Topping-95
    Khenkel-95
    Pilon-96
    Sayers-96
    Lenchyshyn-97

6 guys will make it for sure, plus 1 maybe 2 extras to have. Who do you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    This is probably more of a blessing than a curse, but just take a peak at the possible guys playing on defense next year.

Galbraith-93
    Simpson-94
    Henry-94
    Hackman-95
    Erkamps-95
    Topping-95
    Khenkel-95
    Pilon-96
    Sayers-96
    Lenchyshyn-97

6 guys will make it for sure, plus 1 maybe 2 extras to have. Who do you pick?
    Pilon 17 Erkamps 18
    Henry 19 Hackman 18
    Sayers 17 Topping 18
    Lenchyshyn 16

Out

Galbraith - Don't want a quitter on the team, see what is available for trade. a 5th would be a fair return.
    Khenkel - Not that excited about him at all.
    Simpson - Doesn't bring alot to the table. Big but doesn't us it or bring any intimidation.

Anyone know what happened to Phoenix Worth? He wasn't listed on Caldwell's blog. I liked him at camp a year ago.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

The one thing all of your posts show is there is going to be a lot of battles for spots on the Canes D-Line this fall. At a quick glance, all 10 of these players would seem to be a near lock for the Canes Defence. Problem is, there are 10 players on this list so 3 or 4 are not going to be Canes this year. These 10 players are currently the favorites to make the Hurricanes, but there is always an unknown surprise player or 2 that has such a great training camp that they just have to be on the starting roster. That scenario puts about 11 or 12 D-men with a good chance to battle for the 7 or 8 spots on the opening night roster. This leaves 4 or 5 WHL ready boys not making the team.

Galbraith-93
    Simpson-94
    Henry-94
    Hackman-95
    Erkamps-95
    Topping-95
    Khenkel-95
    Pilon-96
    Sayers-96
    Lenchyshyn-97

I am pretty sure it will be the same for the 12 or 13 forward spots also. Bring on the battles and let the best 22 or 24 players put on the new Canes uniform. Gonna be a hell of a year for the Hurricanes.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 08-05-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Let's be positive on Khenkel. Although I have never seen him play, keep in mind Robson still has ties with many NHL scouts who regularly view Eastern European players. Robson could have easily chosen a forward with the high pick but went with this player for some reason.

I doubt any of us thought Sbisa would crack the lineup regularly as a 17 yr old Swiss d-man, yet he earned a spot on the top D pairing with our Captain. I don't expect another Sbisa here, but if he is good enough to take one of the 7-8 spots, let's give this young, fast 6'2 D-man a chance.

Should be a great battle in training camp.

Default Khenkel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTaD1FkLpP4

Kinda hard to gather much info from this, but hey, its a start.

It doesn't appear that there is a roster spot available for Galbraith. With Legault not returning to the Oil Kings that leaves them with 2 returning 20's. OK's are losing Gernat, Reinhart, Musil and Lowe. Consider that's where Spenny is from and it seems like a fit.
    Still would need to ship another 20 out. Ramsay, Boes, Derko and Soffilas.
    Last edited by Bocephus; 08-27-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Who would you prefer gets shipped out assuming Spinner is the first odd man out?

I too think that Galbraith will be on the outside looking in when it comes to the 20s. I would also suspect out of those remaining and for no other reason than the seriousness of his last concussion that Sofillas may be the other 20 to go. Disappointing if that is the case as the kid plays with his heart on his sleeve but with the number of players retiring from the WHL due to concussion issues it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm part of the minority I guess, but I feel Galbraith should stay as one of the overagers with Derko and Boes. He played with more grit and energy than any other Cane last year, and played "much bigger" than his 5'10 body. And for what it's worth, other than Erkamps, there are no other returning right hand shots from the point.

I know losing Johnston and Albin were also a huge factor, but the team started its downhill fall in the standings once Galbraith left last year.

It's interesting that, for once, the Canes have 9-10 d-men who are WHL-ready so it probably depends on the market/trade value for Ramsey and the couple D-men who don't crach the top 7-8 spots.

I like Ramsey but I notice he only had 4 goals (15 points) and was a minus 14 in the last 30 games, all while playing top six minutes.