Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast

Thread: 13-14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    through your constant posts of how the board has this team locked up tight when it come to running a failed franchise it is not hard to see that you and then don't care about whats best for these players or the city..as long as all of you can play captain universe with a team that is not yours the situation will never improve...that's not speculation that's just the sad truth...........
    Just a shareholder who pays attention to the actual business side of the club. All I have said is common knowledge if you pay attention or as is your right as a shareholder to ask. As to the state this club is in, well, on the ice it speaks for itself and off the ice it will speak for itself at the next AGM. This is the reality, not the emotion. Speculate all you wan't or throw yourself into the mix at the next AGM and become one of those board members that you and several others wish to see replaced. You can certainly talk the talk, maybe its time you and others walked the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Just a shareholder who pays attention to the actual business side of the club. All I have said is common knowledge if you pay attention or as is your right as a shareholder to ask. As to the state this club is in, well, on the ice it speaks for itself and off the ice it will speak for itself at the next AGM.
    You all may have seen the job posting in the paper for a finance person. I am told by a board member who is not in McNaughton's "inner circle" that the previous person (and longest serving employee in the office) had enough and walked out. He said he couldn't give me any details but wonders how the board is going to hide how much money was REALLY borrowed when it comes to the AGM. Something tells me this board is hiding so much that they'd better hope and pray this team is being sold behind our backs.

Default Pat

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Regardless which station wins the rights to broadcast WHL for this city's team... Pat will no doubt be the voice... in other cities where it's happened, the play by play guy just quits (the losing station) and gets hired at the other station the next day....
    Pat is not JUST the Cane's broadcaster. His brief Bio that he has up on his Hurricane Watch site states that he is also the "Corporate News Director for Clear Sky Radio Inc." I know he does the noon news and such on 94.1 - CJOC.

IF, and that is a big IF, CJOC does not still have or does not get the new Cane's broadcast rights, Pat still has a really good job with the station.

I guess if CJOC loses out (if there is a new contract in the works) the new station may well pursue Pat, but as in most peoples career, money talks.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    You all may have seen the job posting in the paper for a finance person. I am told by a board member who is not in McNaughton's "inner circle" that the previous person (and longest serving employee in the office) had enough and walked out. He said he couldn't give me any details but wonders how the board is going to hide how much money was REALLY borrowed when it comes to the AGM. Something tells me this board is hiding so much that they'd better hope and pray this team is being sold behind our backs.
    Do you have a link, or can you copy/paste the ad?

If the Hurricanes are hiring for a senior management position like that, it would make it highly likely they are still here and operating with the same structure this coming year. That is unless their is an imminent sale and the new owners are already starting to set up the front office that they wish to have. Either way, reading between the lines, it seems to me the team is not moving.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Do you have a link, or can you copy/paste the ad?

If the Hurricanes are hiring for a senior management position like that, it would make it highly likely they are still here and operating with the same structure this coming year. That is unless their is an imminent sale and the new owners are already starting to set up the front office that they wish to have. Either way, reading between the lines, it seems to me the team is not moving.
    The paper showed it as a part time position

Default i have something in common with bod..........

all you wan't or throw yourself into the mix at the next AGM and become one of those board members that you and several others wish to see replaced. You can certainly talk the talk, maybe its time you and others walked the walk.
    , i don't know how to run a hockey team and obviously they don't either, i have a good laugh when it come to some of the mini dictators or shareholder as they call them, there to stupid to see this. all they care about is acting like they own a hockey team in their sad LITTLE world.....
    Last edited by shushu; 04-12-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

, i don't know how to run a hockey team and obviously they don't either, i have a good laugh when it come to some of the mini dictators or shareholder as they call them, there to stupid so see this. all they care about is acting like they own a hockey team in their sad LITTLE world.....
    BINGO. nail meet head

Default nice reply............

BINGO. nail meet head
    aren't you the clever one..have fun playing demigod with your peeon shareholder's stake, make sure you never let this team be sold to competent people, that way your self importance will ever be jeopardized..... you and the boys are doing a great job...keep up the good work.....
    GO CANES GO.................

aren't you the clever one..have fun playing demigod with your peeon shareholder's stake, make sure you never let this team be sold to competent people, that way your self importance will ever be jeopardized..... you and the boys are doing a great job...keep up the good work.....
    shushu, you do know you have less of a stake then blacksheep does...

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    shushu, you do know you have less of a stake then blacksheep does...
    3 shares is a pretty big stake. Here the two of you think spouting off at someone you think is a board member is pretty funny. As I have said there is a process other than yelping and speculating on this site to follow should the club be sold. When and if the opportunity arises for the shareholders to vote on the sale I shall cast my vote which of course in the spirit of things is none of your business. Casting me as a board member brings your credibility and speculation to an all time high. Like I said if you want to make real changes for all your ideas get yourself elected. So far you have produced nothing of substantial nature other than concourse chatter. With fans like you who would want to be a private owner.