Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Press Conference @ 1100am

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Hasn't the new GM been ultimately in charge of scouting for the last 10 years. How's that gone for us.
    Well no one can argue that going forward this is an excellent roster

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    Sure hope Brad hires the next head coach on one year terms. With the roster we have there should be zero tolerance for less than top 3 in the conference. Brad should have a lot of coaches to choose from with this roster.
    The problem is you will not get even a half decent coach if you only offer them a 1 year term. Three year terms are pretty much the norm and the minimum term that any quality coach will accept. Why would a top notch coaching prospect uproot his family and make such a major change in his life to move here etc etc if it might only be for 1 year. Not gonna happen.

I agree with your last point. With the talent level the Canes currently have and the prospects/draft picks that are just down the road, if I was an up and coming coach, I would beg to have the opportunity to take the Cane's job.

p.s. While it would be a strange and outside the box way of doing things, because they already live here and may really want the job; offer Michael Dyck or a local Sutter brother a 1 year put up or shut-up type of contract. Again, not gonna happen, but it ain't as crazy as it sounds.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 03-26-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default back

yeah. let's go back to the future. non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Well no one can argue that going forward this is an excellent roster
    Really. Excellent roster. The drafts and player picks for the last ten years have basically netted zero results. Remember this is the guy who took Merkley over and above other abundant talent.

5. Default

[QUOTE=HURRICANE'S ROCK;190282]The problem is you will not get even a half decent coach if you only offer them a 1 year term. Three year terms are pretty much the norm and the minimum term that any quality coach will accept. Why would a top notch coaching prospect uproot his family and make such a major change in his life to move here etc etc if it might only be for 1 year. Not gonna happen.

A bit of sarcasm on my part, I LIKE the Robson move but was annoyed by the accountability comment. Rich was asked to build through the draft and had many draft picks and players to move to put some quality 18 and 19 year olds on our team this season. He followed through with the building through the draft/future and did not make the splash type moves to secure the playoffs. Unacceptable to not make the playoffs, just think the comment was unprofessional. You want accountability, hire a coach that wins or is gone (one and done). Rich and his coaching staff are the scapegoats and the future regime will be able to reap the rebuild they were asked to follow through with. Since the accountability comment I have Zero tolerance for un-successful seasons. We had the most pathetic 19 year old group in the W this season. Not a recipe for success. Maybe it was Rich’s arrogance to not bring more in, I Don’t know I’m not part of the team?

6. Default

Really. Excellent roster. The drafts and player picks for the last ten years have basically netted zero results. Remember this is the guy who took Merkley over and above other abundant talent.
    We did go to a W finals. You don't go with a crap roster. Also remember we could have had Seth Jones the potential 1st overall pick if it wasn't for Roy's brilliant Beach trade.

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    We did go to a W finals. You don't go with a crap roster. Also remember we could have had Seth Jones the potential 1st overall pick if it wasn't for Roy's brilliant Beach trade.
    We went to the whl western final due to the trades, although Stasiuk left us weak, there is no other team in the dub that has taken five years. McNaughton spouts a five year plan, nonsense, the entire league operates on a three year plan. Basically you loose 6 players a year if you have your act together.

Default dont confuse................

Hasn't the new GM been ultimately in charge of scouting for the last 10 years. How's that gone for us.
    scouting with player development thats where the real problems lie, preston didn't posess the ability to work with young talent.........
    GO CANES GO.................

Default completely agree...............

Quote Originally Posted by lethbridgefan83 View Post
    Guess Ill have to go get my season tickets now LOL
    it may be time to come back and watch the canes again, this is a fresh start as long as the canes dont fall back into the same old rut and hire some has bin coach.....................

Default a fresh start................

this is definately a step in the right direction for the canes and their fans and the city for that matter, i like the way they moves robson up the gm it solves more than one problem at a time..money, the lack of interest in coming to a weather worn business and an instant knowledge of the players and team.. i love how robson said he will wait until the mem cup and the nhl is done to see what becomes available in the coaching world......let the new realm begin.........................