Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Press Conference @ 1100am

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    this is definately a step in the right direction for the canes and their fans and the city for that matter, i like the way they moves robson up the gm it solves more than one problem at a time..money, the lack of interest in coming to a weather worn business and an instant knowledge of the players and team.. i love how robson said he will wait until the mem cup and the nhl is done to see what becomes available in the coaching world......let the new realm begin.........................
    Romould from CTV is muttering on twitter about a group coming forward to purchase the team. any info.

Default not at all brother...................

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Romould from CTV is muttering on twitter about a group coming forward to purchase the team. any info.
    at this point and time i'm sure there will be alot of interest in a wide variety of people that look at the canes as a team in chaos....i spoke to a friend last year that was close to the team and he said the league didn;t push for the sale of the canes so it never happened....its hard to say what is the the right answer at this point, when your standing in the middle of nowhere choosing a direction is a confusing question..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Hasn't the new GM been ultimately in charge of scouting for the last 10 years. How's that gone for us.
    No, he was with the Dallas Stars until 2008.

His first draft with the Canes would have been the 1994 players... Adam Henry, Yakubowski, Maxwell, McKechnie, etc.

Really. Excellent roster. The drafts and player picks for the last ten years have basically netted zero results. Remember this is the guy who took Merkley over and above other abundant talent.
    That's because this excellent roster needs a decent coach to net results...

And YES he chose Merkley, but he ALSO chose Pilon, Duke, Erkamps, as well as late picks in Russ Maxwell, Watson and Hackman.

Robson will be a fantastic GM.

Iconwhl

Merkley was rated in the top 3 in his bantam draft year he had a great season as klimchuk's center but he just never panned out... it happens lots in the bantam draft just get over it already... maybe it was fully on Preston for not developing Merkley, time will tell next season when Merkley has new start in SC at the start of the year. The kid has alot of untapped potential still.

You think Seattle wishes they had taken Morrissey or Heatherington over Hauf at #4....if u look at that draft alone looks like everyone who picked before #16 screwed up by not selecting Nicolas Petan, most likely will be the best junior player out of the whole draft class, after all they are running a junior franchise look out for the best of there franchise. Portland will most likely keep Petan til he is 20yrs old due to his size alone where the other top players like Morrissey, Lazar could be gone by the age of 19 none of the top guys will be back as a 20yr old (besides maybe Merkley). Sometimes drafting too good doesnt help u either, look at RD for instance drafting RNH if they had him this year chances are very good they would of been the class of the eastern conference. The Bantam draft is a crap shoot & comes down to coaching to develop these players as well.

So enough already about the Merkley thing, yes he didnt pan out in LETH get over it, it happens to every franchise out there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Merkley was rated in the top 3 in his bantam draft year he had a great season as klimchuk's center but he just never panned out... it happens lots in the bantam draft just get over it already... maybe it was fully on Preston for not developing Merkley, time will tell next season when Merkley has new start in SC at the start of the year. The kid has alot of untapped potential still.

You think Seattle wishes they had taken Morrissey or Heatherington over Hauf at #4....if u look at that draft alone looks like everyone who picked before #16 screwed up by not selecting Nicolas Petan, most likely will be the best junior player out of the whole draft class, after all they are running a junior franchise look out for the best of there franchise. Portland will most likely keep Petan til he is 20yrs old due to his size alone where the other top players like Morrissey, Lazar could be gone by the age of 19 none of the top guys will be back as a 20yr old (besides maybe Merkley). Sometimes drafting too good doesnt help u either, look at RD for instance drafting RNH if they had him this year chances are very good they would of been the class of the eastern conference. The Bantam draft is a crap shoot & comes down to coaching to develop these players as well.

So enough already about the Merkley thing, yes he didnt pan out in LETH get over it, it happens to every franchise out there.
    Thank you!

+ 1

Changing topic. I know there are more questions than answers right now but what does this team do for a goalie next year? Is Tai ready to be no. 1?

Send some of whatever they were drinking in Lethbridge to PG and maybe we will have a coaching/GM change also. Please and thank you from a desperate PG fan.

Default pg,lethbridge and seattle..................

Quote Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
    Send some of whatever they were drinking in Lethbridge to PG and maybe we will have a coaching/GM change also. Please and thank you from a desperate PG fan.
    all powerhouse teams great to be a fan......
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    .. when your standing in the middle of nowhere choosing a direction is a confusing question..............
    When I read your little quip it stood out as something interesting but it seemed to either make total sense or be complete gibberish...hehe. The more I read it and thought about it, the more it makes total sense! Good one. I guess we can call it a Shuism.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Well no one can argue that going forward this is an excellent roster
    I thought Preston was a terrible coach (and much worse Gm) but the blame he gets for this team as a coach is way too much.

he certainly didn't help but this team lost games because the talent is not there. They may have some guys with shiny bantam resumes but they are not showing anything at the WHL level and for the most part there is no reason to expect them to do much better in the next couple of years.

yes this team needs a new coach but it needs some actual talent on the roster as well.

Default thans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    I thought Preston was a terrible coach (and much worse Gm) but the blame he gets for this team as a coach is way too much.

he certainly didn't help but this team lost games because the talent is not there. They may have some guys with shiny bantam resumes but they are not showing anything at the WHL level and for the most part there is no reason to expect them to do much better in the next couple of years.

yes this team needs a new coach but it needs some actual talent on the roster as well.
    Thanks Moon, that was my point, and who has provided the talent for the last five years, the new GM.