Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Press Conference @ 1100am

1. Default At the point of private ownership

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Thanks Moon, that was my point, and who has provided the talent for the last five years, the new GM.
    Well Brad apparently is "accountable" for those picks and will be for future picks and moves. I am to the point that the accountability comment is only applicable for a private owner who would have been accountable to this team, the financial investment/profit and its fans. There is no way this team would leave this City with a private owner. Our size, location and arena are near perfect for a Whl team.

Default plus................

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    Well Brad apparently is "accountable" for those picks and will be for future picks and moves. I am to the point that the accountability comment is only applicable for a private owner who would have been accountable to this team, the financial investment/profit and its fans. There is no way this team would leave this City with a private owner. Our size, location and arena are near perfect for a Whl team.
    the whl would have to aprove the move as well...the only thing robison said is the canes need to get back on track money wise....
    GO CANES GO.................

Default no preston was............

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Thanks Moon, that was my point, and who has provided the talent for the last five years, the new GM.
    robson did the leg work on the talent out there and preston was the final say in who comes here, thats the gm's job.. you cant blame someone for putting 5 top prospect in front of preston and him choosing the wrong ones....i heard more than once about robson having small deals in place with other team and preston giving them the axe,because he's the gm....ps........coaching is everything when you are talking about young kids.....linsey hofford come to mind..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Iconwhl

The thing I dont get is you guys claim you have a great roster moving forward, which i can say your roster looks good for next season but who is responsible for that roster in the end? Rich Preston is thats who

He is in the same boat as Mollenken is they are too old school of coaches that dont work anymore in todays game. Bob Lowes comes to mind where the game just out grew him. Preston wasnt a bad GM just like Mollenken but to the coaching part of it, the game has just past them & they are left spinning there tires. both guys can still see talent which is key to being a GM, but it takes a coach to motivate & develop these kids to guide them in the right direction not just on the ice but off the ice as well.

Default I guess you haven't heard patsdude114

but Preston was relieved of his duties as both GM and coach. The roster will be coached by someone new next season.

Iconwhl

Haha I have heard & thatwhy I'm commenting about it. Preston is a coach of the past just like Mollenken is but both know how to find talent & be a GM in this league